Facebook Page

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Facebook Page

Postby Gage » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:21 pm

I wonder how many people are going to like the page because they think that DarkDemon is a company that made Pivot
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:03 pm

Krustalien wrote:Good! Glad someone actually did it. Obviously I get why it is, but I wouldn't have called it Darkdemon as it will never get found by someone looking for Pivot. You'll have to push it hard for it to go beyond this community, as it won't get much natural traffic and other Pivot communities might be put off by it being DD. Might just be worth considering that right now whilst starting again is painless. The more generic the more search-friendly.

Either way, good luck fella. Might be a very important part of moving a community like this into 2014.

I might try putting Pivot at the end of the name. I tried other names but it went against the policy of the site so it was hard. I was originally going to go with your plan of making a general Pivot news page but it would have been a lot of work for me. I thought I'd do this just to see how things go and then I might develop it into something bigger.

I'm going to make sure words such as "Pivot" and "animation" feature prominently so that should help people find it easier. I'm also sending out a bunch of friend requests to Pivot animators so this should help get the page up and running.

Thanks for the post. I know things are going to be a bit rough at first, but I have experience when it comes to things like this. If I regularly post content people want to see at the start that should send a good impression hopefully.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby SIFTER » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:45 pm

Ask the ones in your friends list to share the page constantly or something.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Mat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:47 pm

Sifter wrote:Ask the ones in your friends list to share the page constantly or something.

Because people are just jumping at the opportunity to advertise a stick figure animation page all over their facebook...

Tuna likes this
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Lord » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:16 am

I don't have a Facebook account but I'll make one soon, :)
It's a good idea to make a Facebook page for TDD.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby tenks » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:51 am

LordPivot wrote:It's a good idea to make a Facebook page for TDD.

Yeah, an outright brilliant idea.
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花

Postby Lord » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:23 am

...Are you being sarcastic?
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Previous

Return to Announcements