Darkdemon Gaming Channel - New Video Up

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Darkdemon Gaming Channel

Postby Koolcid » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:39 am

Mizu wrote:
Koolcid wrote:
Mizu wrote:Seems less of a DDPlays and more of a KoolcidPlays, seeing as every video is gonna have to have Koolcid in it apparently. Seems like a cool idea but there might be a better way to go about it that gives, well, DD more of spotlight.

I'm the host, it's like a talkshow. I'm the host but people come for the guests, too. The whole reason I am the one playing the games with the guests is because then I can just play it, record it myself, edit it, etc. It is SOO much easier. And if it was KoolcidPlays it would be just me, it's DDplays because there are people from DD playing. And this is the first video, the next ones are going to be much, much better. Probably more talking about DD and what not.

Yes but it just seems like your limiting it for the sake of convenience, what if there are some games people want to see on the channel that you don't own, but 3 or 4 other dd members do? And if they're capable, hy not just let them make the episode of DDPlays instead, maybe give a few staff/former staff the account pass and have them upload it. Maybe make a dropbox or something so that if people do make their own videos they can upload it to the dropbox and you upload it or compile it in the case that it's just gameplay clips and not a whole episode. Instead of just you, why not have the Staff of DD host the show too, or what ever staff are willing maybe even Retired. I understand we can't just have anyone making an episode or else it will just be a giant autistic clusterfuck.

But this is the first episode, I probably shouldn't be nitpicking it so early on.

Before anyone else comments this^^ Is how you comment. Instead of saying "Wow this channel fucking sucks and you're terrible at making videos, make me host instead blah blah".

OK. For the time being since the channel is really new and will be for a little bit, there will probably just be a video with me once a week or so. Once we get the ball rolling I want to introduce new shows. Of course no one wants a channel with me every video, so yeah. Those are some great ideas I will for sure look into doing some of this.
KoolcidOffline
Matorator
Matorator

Postby SIFTER » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:26 am

And how about Game reviews?
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Mitch » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:02 am

Sifter wrote:And how about Game reviews?

Look here you dumb broad. I have a fukkin mad crush on you, and i think we need to get together asap. SRS I've felt like this for a while, I'm not surprised you never noticed, you're too busy doing your fukkin hair and make up, listening to kesha and shit. hit me back when yo get this and let me know what you think. peace bitch
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby tenks » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:08 am

Yeah idk why you wanna host these videos so bad, like, as Mizu stated there might be games you not own, or don't play and whatever. And what you suggesting kills every dynamic on the channel. Like because Shad is an angry canadian and I am an angry german, videos we make prolly will have a different commentary compared to you and doug playing LOL. They might turn out completely different in terms of content and whatnot. Idk, streamlining the content kills that dynamic. I'd still say, give out admin access to people who want to contribute, maybe check their stuff first to see if it's worth having and then let the people upload.
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花

Postby SIFTER » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:19 am

Mitch wrote:
Sifter wrote:And how about Game reviews?

Look here you dumb broad. I have a fukkin mad crush on you, and i think we need to get together asap. SRS I've felt like this for a while, I'm not surprised you never noticed, you're too busy doing your fukkin hair and make up, listening to kesha and shit. hit me back when yo get this and let me know what you think. peace bitch

(thumbsup
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Jon » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:25 am

tenks wrote:Yeah idk why you wanna host these videos so bad, like, as Mizu stated there might be games you not own, or don't play and whatever. And what you suggesting kills every dynamic on the channel. Like because Shad is an angry canadian and I am an angry german, videos we make prolly will have a different commentary compared to you and doug playing LOL. They might turn out completely different in terms of content and whatnot. Idk, streamlining the content kills that dynamic. I'd still say, give out admin access to people who want to contribute, maybe check their stuff first to see if it's worth having and then let the people upload.

Honestly I agree with tenks here. But the people who have access should be very limited.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby MCToast » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:30 am

I want to play something too.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Juke » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:44 am

In my mind we should have 4 or 5 leaders of the channel, who do their own series each with their own guests. These five people can have to have good editing skills, a good microphone and a good library of games.
I'll discuss this further with others before making my final decision about it.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby MCToast » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:27 pm

I want to be a guest. Too much planning not enough doing
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Waters » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:18 pm

MCToast wrote:I want to be a guest. Too much planning not enough doing
Without planning it will be a giant mess, calm your raging erection. I'd rather it be planned out and we get some info on what's going on.

Also what about console games?
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby Raymond » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:18 pm

I kind of agree with MCToast for like the first time. I mean we do want to plan a little, but I think we should continue to make these videos the way they are. However one thing I don't agree on is koolcid being the only moderator of the channel. I think a few really dedicated gamers who have a mic and are willing to host a few of these gaming sessions should moderate the channel. Maybe like 2-3 people so the videos have some variety.

Everyone has their own personalities and they're own way of playing games and enjoying them. People might like some peoples videos more than others because they might relate more to their sense of humor or gameplay. Idk, but instead of having some debate about how perfect these videos should be, lets just start making them and uploading them and see if we can even get a group of viewers who are willing to watch/subscribe to them. If not, then we can come up with alternative methods beyond that point.

To be fair, I'm sure koolcid or whoever moderates the channel will get better at making the videos more entertaining as they practice making them. Not that I don't enjoy them as is, although if I could give some constructive criticism, I think sometimes you guys get over excited. I don't mind it, because I can see how much fun you guys are having and to me it makes watching your videos a lot more entertaining. Especially when yogurt or you flip when you get an awesome kill. It really makes you wish you were there playing yourself. But sometimes I think you go over the top, also the constant "beep" from you swearing I feel is overkill. Maybe either swear a little less, or don't add the beeps.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby socks » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:16 pm

There should be a content filter if there is one.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Grams » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:25 pm

Agree with the rest. Take out the censors. Also, you need to level out the audio. I know it's the first vid and whatnot, so it's not going to be perfect. But, your voice is extremely dominant. Have to keep adjusting the volume every second.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby QueenElsa » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:45 pm

good idea actually... Try playing more fun games so lol won't get repetitive.
I like turtles and i'm a narwhale so turtle and narwhale buddies 4 ever and ever YAY.
QueenElsaOffline

Postby Leo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:08 pm

Sifter wrote:L4D2. Anyone? Also, thanks for making this happen, Kool.

I had L4D2 2 but not steam. :( I can't online multiplayer. T_T
LeoOffline
Professional
Professional

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements