DDC12 - OUT NOW!

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

DDC12 - OUT NOW!

Postby Jojishi » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:56 am

YouTube

2 and a half years since the release of DDC11, this new installment promises to once again raise the bar of Pivot animation standards. That isn't all though... As a welcome change to the usual formula of the collabs, certain entries actually tell a story over a longer than usual time frame. It's this key quality in the collab which truly makes it break new boundaries.

All of the entries are brilliant. I'd like to thank each and every one of you for putting forth the effort and absurd amount of patience to see this through to the end. There was a lot of doubt that this collab would ever even see the light of day. The old staff members weren't eager to post sign-ups, the community had to be migrated to a new site which a new generation of staff oversaw. DDC12 only happened because the community of regular members wanted it to (and I did sort of post the sign-ups!). Along the development of this collab there was still an over-arching shadow of doubt.

And that's what truly makes this collab different. It hasn't just raised the bar again (as if that's a small achievement), but it's also got narrative based animation and rose out of the ashes of despair and chaos. It has proved that despite the odds we can still make wonderful collabs.

I'm proud of this site. I put in every last bit of effort to this collab because of that. The collab is a whopping 744 MB, packing 201 layers and thousands of frames of animation goodness. As a first for a DDC, the audio also has it's own "flashing" in areas where the sound changes just as the visuals change in areas. I wanted to offer something new to the DDC series (just like you guys) and believe I have done that.

I'd like to give a huge special thanks to Juke who helped me out loads with the collab. He offered lots of final advice on the order of animations, song choices and effects. I know this sounds cliche, but I honestly don't think I could have done it without you man. It took a huge weight off my shoulders that I would have had to carry if I did the entire thing solo. I'd also like to thank each and every one of you for offering song suggestions, support and an absolute load of patience. I appreciate it a lot and I'm also incredibly grateful to have got to put the DDC12 together.

I believe I've said enough. Enjoy the collab. :)
JojishiOffline
Retired

Re: DDC12 - OUT NOW!

Postby Daniël » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:57 am

Haleluja!

That was glorious, especially Memphis', Olix' and Senzo's entries were outstanding. Really wish Olix' entry was longer though.
Last edited by Daniël on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Four » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:57 am

Fuck yes
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Grams » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:03 pm

Mr. Krabs is feeling it now.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby tuna » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:08 pm

oh shit my entries going to be so old and useless right now
anyway, imma watch this shit, been hyping myself up by reading all your comments and updates on the other thread and this one, i'm so ready now
i'll edit this comment when i'm done, this is going to be fucking hench, i know it
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Lukas » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:10 pm

memphis animation has to be the best i have ever seen made in pivot, thats inhuman.
i really like this collab, a lot elite shit in there
LukasOffline
no
no

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Senzo though. Best one on there.
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby Michi » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:13 pm

Ugh, i love it.
MichiOffline
I'm trash

Postby Juke » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:14 pm

Great flashing Jojishi!!!
Well done to everyone who submitted their entries,
JOJISHI WHERE IS YOUR JOINT WITH CHRIS!!??? ONE OF MY FAVORITE ENTRIES!
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Lukas » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:15 pm

7Th Day wrote:Senzo though. Best one on there.

aye, its inhuman
LukasOffline
no
no

Postby Will » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Hahaha. Wow. That was phenomenal. I'm gonna watch it again.
WillOffline
Professional

Postby Phazon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:19 pm

Kudos to everyone for taking a site in the middle of some huge, frankly chaotic transitions, and making something as phenomenal as that. Proud of everyone and their entries, seen somethings I didn't think possible in pivot today.
PhazonOffline
Space Pirate
VIP

Postby Josh » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:22 pm

That was fucking insane! I love Memphis' animation, and I wish he was still here to see it come out.
Obviously Phazon's animation is amazing, The amount of time and effort that he put into it definitely paid off!

Great job guys, hopefully interest doesn't die before we can make a next one :P
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Juke » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:23 pm

I loved the transitions! Very stylish!
Phazon your entry was outstanding, congratulations!
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Amir » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:24 pm

Wow, these animations are really awesome, my favourites were Ussay, Memphis, Senzo and the 4 way Joint.
Some of them were really short but well animated, shame. Like Tuna's entry. It has potential to be awesome, but it was really short.
Phazon's entry was really cool at the start, but after some time I lost interest. Waffles Mgee's entry was really creepy, I liked that.
The best was Memphis with no doubt.

The flashing was really good, the video quality could of been better. It would be nicer if it was 1080p. The songs fit well, especially on Waffles Mgee's entry. And the start was so cool.
Well done everyone!

Can't wait to see the B side as well even though it's only 4 animations.
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Next

Return to Announcements