In Regards to Animator.net

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: In Regards to Animator.net

Postby Lukas » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:08 pm

That's a point, but is it really worth some thousands of dollars?
LukasOffline
no
no

Postby tuna » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:55 am

Echo wrote:I just don't want to hear about him anymore ... And A.net is not the old DD the old DD is this http://web.archive.org/web/201201172338 ... demon.org/

;~; My feels (cry (wail
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Joekuli » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:40 am

Lukas wrote:That's a point, but is it really worth some thousands of dollars?

Yes because at the time being before the whole transfer to a new domain, http://www.darkdemon.org was customized layout by Adam. There were specific things like myfilez(pimp), VIP, DD chat(that Adam had made to fit with a phpBB site, etc. What Adam had done was literally created the site from bottom to up. It was a functional site with a good background of activity that when a potential buyer bought would look good on their resume( if they were able to sustain it which through the mollila era and Dark Admin seemed to had fumbled, though Elliot was able to lend his time to keep the site functional as well as other staff members.) So in all yeah when Mollila bought the site for $5,000~ is warrented and I believe he sold it for lower price than what he bought it for, but unlike Adam we weren't provided the transaction details from Mollila.

Fun fact: Adam actually auctioned off the http://www.Darkdemon.org domain and there was about 15-20 bids for the site which drove up the cost for which the site was sold.

Indeed it was a shame that two webmasters that we went through seemed to use http://www.Darkdemon.org as a portfolio piece to up their portfolio and failed to keep the site above working order we must thank the two for not literally cutting us out at the start and just deleting the forums and just using the site as placeholder.
^--animation thread last update: 12/26/16
PM me for detailed Critique on your latest creation*

*You must be prepared for harsh critique.
JoekuliOffline
Wise Man
Wise Man

Postby SIFTER » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:08 am

Something tells me that he's dealing with the community objectively.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Echo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:46 am

Sifter wrote:Something tells me that he's dealing with the community objectively.

Yeah something smells fishy...

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Postby MCToast » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:32 pm

People have hard time moving on.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Jon » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:07 pm

It's really not hard. So much grief could have been avoided if people left without a word.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby socks » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Jon wrote:It's really not hard. So much grief could have been avoided if people left without a word.

Unfortunately, you're right (per usual).
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Elliott » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Raymond wrote:I'm actually trying to work something out with him. I wana see what kind of price he's looking at if he's willing to sell DD.

If you get a figure I'd be interested in knowing it - the value of the site's raw data has plummeted in my eyes, any value associated with the domains/backlinks have been eroded away over the last 10 months; but as I was saying to Frazer, the database holds sentimental value.
ElliottOffline
Honorary

Postby Царица Луна » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:13 pm

Elliott wrote:
Raymond wrote:I'm actually trying to work something out with him. I wana see what kind of price he's looking at if he's willing to sell DD.

If you get a figure I'd be interested in knowing it - the value of the site's raw data has plummeted in my eyes, any value associated with the domains/backlinks have been eroded away over the last 10 months; but as I was saying to Frazer, the database holds sentimental value.

Well this is what DA posted in response to the question about the site's worth.
DarkAdmin wrote:You will never know.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Postby Mitch » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:17 pm

My god this guyyyyy.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby SuperNoob » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:32 pm

Alright, the "authority figure" facade that he's hiding behind is starting to disappear to me.
SuperNoobOffline
Banned Animator
Banned Animator

Postby Skype » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:45 am

Joekuli wrote:
Lukas wrote:That's a point, but is it really worth some thousands of dollars?

Yes because at the time being before the whole transfer to a new domain, http://www.darkdemon.org was customized layout by Adam. There were specific things like myfilez(pimp), VIP, DD chat(that Adam had made to fit with a phpBB site, etc. What Adam had done was literally created the site from bottom to up. It was a functional site with a good background of activity that when a potential buyer bought would look good on their resume( if they were able to sustain it which through the mollila era and Dark Admin seemed to had fumbled, though Elliot was able to lend his time to keep the site functional as well as other staff members.) So in all yeah when Mollila bought the site for $5,000~ is warrented and I believe he sold it for lower price than what he bought it for, but unlike Adam we weren't provided the transaction details from Mollila.

Fun fact: Adam actually auctioned off the http://www.Darkdemon.org domain and there was about 15-20 bids for the site which drove up the cost for which the site was sold.

Indeed it was a shame that two webmasters that we went through seemed to use http://www.Darkdemon.org as a portfolio piece to up their portfolio and failed to keep the site above working order we must thank the two for not literally cutting us out at the start and just deleting the forums and just using the site as placeholder.

Actually the price was due to the amount of traffic the site got. The other things you've mentioned would have played a minimal part in the price.
emmastonewhywontyouloveme
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby Coweetie » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:07 am

^traffic sadly doesn't always mean a good thing, and definetly doesn't count for the value of a forum... there can be alot of traffic, but no registered users or posting users.

anyways, i just wanted to say.. that massive spamming and hating on animator.net really didn't make any good for the new site. the frustration is understandable, but especially the DA thread made me avoiding this new site. i've registered before the big hating started. but since i could find some common sense here and on the other forum, i think this will be a nice place to stay too. (thumbsup hope you guys make this a fine forum.
it's a bit weird/sad to see the forums are identical to the other. but hey. you can't copyright a structure of a forum though.

Well this is what DA posted in response to the question about the site's worth.

sorry to say, but randomly asking in a hater thread of the worth will give you exactly this answer and nothing else. if you would show him that you want to buy it, you should ask via pm or other ways if you can't pm. (or make new account). I wouldn't see a reason for an admin to show off the price in public too, especially when it is asked in a thread made to hate on the admin.
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Gage » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:34 pm

This isn't a "hater thread" if that's what you're thinking. Just a message to tell people to not be immature on A.net and trying to ruin that site like some pleb would do in the middle of class at school (not sure why I gave that example, sue me)

Also HI COWEETIE DID'T KNOW YOU WERE HERE C: /me hugs
GageOffline
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements