In Regards to Animator.net

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

In Regards to Animator.net

Postby Jon » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:58 pm

This is a serious post people.

We've said our words to DA, myself included, but now is the time to drop it.
Spamming Animator.net as MCToast has done, will not be tolerated. Not only does it give the entire community a bad name (i.e. petty and immature) but it leaves a mark on this new forum.
As I said in the DA thread on Animator.net:

Stark wrote:Guys just drop it. Leave the man to wallow in his mistake as tumbleweeds roll slowly through this forum like a ghost town. Migrate to AA or TDD, where we can continue on our way and keep the community somewhat together.

If you have any questions or thoughts, feel free to express them here. But I would rather not see this forum marked as immature, because some members decided to spam the old Dark Demon.

Remember the good old days, not the terrible year or so we've had on that site.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Re: In Regards to Animator.net

Postby Fear » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:12 am

Whhhhhyyyyy??????????? (cry (cry (cry (cry (cry

The Times we had.
Boohoo
(sad
Sob Sob
(cry (cry
Weep Weep
(cry (cry (cry (cry (cry (cry (cry (cry (cry

Someone kill The Dark Admin.
Brand New Evangelion Fanboy

FearOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Looz-Ashae » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:58 am

Hehe, is spitting in the face from above and going away polite?
I fully support MCToast in his act. Besides, it's a logical consequence of DA actions.
A thread
R'agnarus
Looz-AshaeOffline
Active
Active

Postby MCToast » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:52 am

Standard age of pivoter's is 12, who cares about maturity? And who cares what happened on A.net, whole site's a joke.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Phazon » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:18 am

Spamming Animator.net gives this site a bad image. If someone stumbles across A.net, sees the spam, people insulting the owner and a link being forced down their throat, are they going to want to join the new DD? Most likely they'll just see immaturity. We need to work on the future of THIS site and not dwell on what happened on the old one.
Last edited by Phazon on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhazonOffline
Space Pirate
VIP

Postby Mitch » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:19 am

MCToast wrote:Standard age of pivoter's is 12

Yet here we are.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Jon » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:20 am

So because the standard age is 12, means we should act like 12 year olds?

Phazon has it completely right, if you want to go ahead and spam it like you have, then do so. But, there will be consequences on this site, which will be discussed by the admins and rest of the staff.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Looz-Ashae » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:33 am

There's something right in Jon's words. Well, there are might be some people who would think so. But I think, people are not that simple creatures which make a quick decision: "I wanted to show my animation to the biggest pivot community. But one of them spams. Naaah."
A seeker will find.
A thread
R'agnarus
Looz-AshaeOffline
Active
Active

Postby Anton » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:37 am

Standard age is 12 ? I feel old with my 20.
I should have put a "prepare for unforeseen consequences" somewhere on a.net, but now, it's not worth it anymore.

Anyway, i didn't get any strong links with this site.
I find shameful the way it ends. It could have been like a burial scene : Silent. Calm. and with honour.

But no, spam the shit out of it. Gee.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Jon » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:37 am

That still doesn't justify in anyway spamming the forum.

If I wanted to show off my animations, and saw mindless, immature spamming of a different forum, I would not visit that forum.

Instead, do what we did with Artangle - advertise in your signature, people will eventually find it. Like you said, people aren't that simple, they will find a proper, more mature advertisement if they look properly.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Bladez » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:55 am

Thank you Jon,

This is only going to be said once. The spam on A.NET stops and is to be removed immediately.
If you want to cry and complain about DA thats fine
But do not under any circumstance spam his forums or you will be permanently banned from these ones.
BladezOffline
Admin
Admin

Postby SIFTER » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:08 am

If I were to do anything to a.net, it would be bumping very VERY old threads, but that's about it for me. There is no justification for spamming ANY forum no matter how dead it is, it's rude and shameful, and the spammer should feel ashamed of himself, really. Thinking of what Coweetie said about automated ban makes me think that we've probably blamed DA for nothing. Unless you guys don't show a proof of his activity, we should close this thread as well as the one on A.net.
Edit: And instead, we should apologize for our misjudgments.
Edit2: Just scrap the apology part. Thinking of it again, we should just keep quite.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Phazon » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:23 am

Sifter wrote:If I were to do anything to a.net, it would be bumping very VERY old threads.

I wouldn't even advise doing this. Let the forum die from inactivity.
PhazonOffline
Space Pirate
VIP

Postby Looz-Ashae » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:40 am

It's not his forum. It is a forum of an audience. It's been created for those, who creates animations in Pivot. Admininstrator is in charge for keeping the atmosphere on the forum friendly and consistent. I would call DarkAdmin's politics anti-national. In the other case I won't ever let someone else spam.

Non-spamming position is a fidelity to principles I suppose. On the one hand MCToast's actions were impulsive. On the other hand he told everything (or did he tell a lie?). And the forum is empty. If I were a random guest (and I am actually! I came back in the time DarkAdmin thread was created) I would think that something not right had happened here. About which rules do we talk then?

Such soft approach about signatures is more neutral, I agree, but not so effective. By the way advertising other forum in a signature is an evil too. Lesser, but still it is.
A thread
R'agnarus
Looz-AshaeOffline
Active
Active

Postby Царица Луна » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:59 am

Looz-Ashae wrote:It's not his forum. It is a forum of an audience.

Although I don't approve of him ignoring the forums for such a long period of time and the fact that the community has existed for such a long time, it doesn't change the fact that he bought the site.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Next

Return to Announcements