Collab With Hyun's Dojo!?

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Collab With Hyun's Dojo!?

Postby SIFTER » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:52 am

Well, what do you have in mind, Hyun? We can always discuss it here.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Hyun » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:30 am

I'm having a hard time coming up with ways so both communities can interact with each other without making it overly complicated. With the invasion idea, it would only be pivot sticks attacking the flash sticks since pivot would have to go first all the time because it would have to be imported to flash to do any kind of interaction between both communities. This would make it a bit boring for the flash animators since they'll just be animating reactions to the pivot animations and they wont really be able to do their own creative input.

Co-ops / joints between flash and stick animators will be way too complicated to pull off in my opinion because again, only pivot animations can be imported to flash, so there can't be a reliable back and forth animating to both sides.

What we need is to have a universal template that works for both sides. I think this can be pulled off with some kind of race setting or obstacle course.

This idea I have is based off a collab done in an old community website at The Anim Planet.
MY best idea would probably be an obstacle course setting where both communities compete, kind of like that crazy japanese show "extreme elimination challenge" where teams run insane courses and usually end up getting wasted in painful ways. We could have pre determined deaths that people can fill up spots for or maybe even pick their own way to die as long as it follows with the background template. We could take turns and have flash stick figure part go after a pivot stickfigure. There could be some funny dialogue between deaths, like one team making fun of another. Maybe nobody makes it to the actual end and everyone just ends up dying? Maybe we could nominate one person from each community to make it to the end? idk whatever makes it more fun. People could have the freedom to do co-ops parts if they can make it work. I'm just shooting stuff at the wall to see if any of these ideas stick.

Also made a little drawing of a little concept
HyunOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby SIFTER » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:44 am

That might be rather complicated to execute because then you'll have to let pivot animators animate in HUGE dimensions (about 3000x4000 big) while keeping everything synched with how obstacles move. It might be good for flash animators, but not Pivot animators. We need something that both sides can animate easily well. Why not something that ressembles Dojo collab and SvR in a way or another in which people can animate in their very own ways while keeping the same topic of the collab?
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Jon » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:08 am

Sifter wrote:That might be rather complicated to execute because then you'll have to let pivot animators animate in HUGE dimensions (about 3000x4000 big) while keeping everything synched with how obstacles move. It might be good for flash animators, but not Pivot animators. We need something that both sides can animate easily well. Why not something that ressembles Dojo collab and SvR in a way or another in which people can animate in their very own ways while keeping the same topic of the collab?

Lol what? No, zoom in and use camera movements in Pivot. It's that simple. I assume the flash animators will zoom in and show a little bit more detail than a completely zoomed out obstacle course and a tiny stick running along it.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby SIFTER » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:15 am

Yeah, sure. You can do that if you're not going to compile that animation with many flash animations as .swf. If you saw how DuealDeathCourse collaborations are made, you'd understand what I'm talking about. Plus, animating with a stickfigure at 20%~30% size is a big no-no for many reasons.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Firecracker » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:07 pm

Whoa, this woke me up! Bringing two communities like this together is brilliant.

So far i like the invasion idea, and Hyun's Idea best (welcome to the forums btw :D). I think the Invasion idea would be nigh impossible to pull of though. A "Duel Death Course" kinda thing would be much more practical. Although the file size when dealing with large dimensions may be a small hurdle on Pivots end but nothing too bad hopefully.

Sifter, we wouldn't have to resize our stickfigures at all. The newest version of Pivot adjusts to the size of the dimensions. You can have your stick stay default sized, and make the background around it huge. Then export it and sort everything else out in flash.

Here, i animated this short test at W: 4000 H: 1500 (just random dimensions) to get a feel for what it would be like animating on a stage that big. It worked out fine.

http://imgur.com/vUMpQQ2

I haven't had much time to think about all the variables here but i'll get back to it.
"A stickfigure doing a walk is far better than some spiky-haired fuckwit blurring across the screen in a two or three-frame run."

~ Waffles Mgee
FirecrackerOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Franklin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:46 pm

I don't really know how pivot animators would consistently animate all of the moving parts of the background that have been part of previous death courses.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Four » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:53 pm

Root wrote:I don't really know how pivot animators would consistently animate all of the moving parts of the background that have been part of previous death courses.

Lots of arrow keys
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Anton » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:15 pm

I have a suggestion.

1) Make a loop of the BG in Pivot.
2) Export it in flash

then :

Pivot) Since we can Copy paste now, adding our stickman will be doable and not too tedious.
Flash) Well uhh, do your flash magic while adding your stickfigure, okay ?
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Juke » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:38 pm

Alright, so my idea would be a collaboration type where everyone has separate parts to animate. We could make a storyline like TDD invading the Dojo or something. We have a simple storyboard first, and we assign scenes for each animator to animate. Some scenes will be animated in Pivot and some in Flash. When everybody is done we have a fully completed animation with a nice story line with mixed styles and with a bit of funkiness from the two different programs.
What do you think of this guys?
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby tuna » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:43 pm

heres an idea. we do an FFA style thing where each participant makes an RHG character thing (or if you've already got one, good for you) and then we pair one pivot guy up with one flash guy. for example, if there was a mr Pix vs handyman. waffles would animate a battle between mr pix and handyman in pivot, and mr pix would animate the same in flash.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Drone » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:50 pm

I don't know how I feel about the whole Dual Death Course kinda idea, it's novel but I don't honestly think it'd be entertaining enough. And for the first crossover collab I feel like that should be the top priority. I do agree however that the best chance at success lies in having a universal template thats simple enough for both flash and pivot users to get creative with. I don't have any ideas as to what that should be really though so idk
XXX Image XXX
DroneOffline
Active
Active

Postby Acid » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Juke wrote:Alright, so my idea would be a collaboration type where everyone has separate parts to animate. We could make a storyline like TDD invading the Dojo or something. We have a simple storyboard first, and we assign scenes for each animator to animate. Some scenes will be animated in Pivot and some in Flash. When everybody is done we have a fully completed animation with a nice story line with mixed styles and with a bit of funkiness from the two different programs.

I like this idea. BUT, we need animators who will pull of theirs parts. If not, we'll have empty spaces.
I guess obstacle course and FFA's are too cliché, making this original is the main purpose, isn't it?
| Thread | PM me | Steam |
"If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed."
AcidOffline
∙▪▫▫▪∙
∙▪▫▫▪∙

Postby Hyun » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:15 pm

Juke wrote:Alright, so my idea would be a collaboration type where everyone has separate parts to animate. We could make a storyline like TDD invading the Dojo or something. We have a simple storyboard first, and we assign scenes for each animator to animate. Some scenes will be animated in Pivot and some in Flash. When everybody is done we have a fully completed animation with a nice story line with mixed styles and with a bit of funkiness from the two different programs.

I agree to this idea as well. It keeps things simple and since it's our first collab together, we should keep it rather simple and that way at least we can have a completed collab. Even though the parts are separate, the storyline and scenes help blend the parts together nicely. People who don't pull their part would just have to get replaced I guess but I feel it'll be pretty successful if we did it this way.
HyunOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Acid » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:30 pm

Yeah, I agree! It would be a really great collab if made right.
| Thread | PM me | Steam |
"If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed."
AcidOffline
∙▪▫▫▪∙
∙▪▫▫▪∙

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements