Collab With Hyun's Dojo!?

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Collab With Hyun's Dojo!?

Postby tuna » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:01 am

Root wrote:I think it would be cool if the collab was made up of joint parts between an animator from HD and DD pairing up. For example, a joint between Gary and Bepler, followed by a joint between Juke and X-Treme, etc. If there are too many animators from HD, I guess some joints could be in groups of 3. It definitely has some problems, but still might be cool if done well.

i think this is a really good idea to pair up animators of similar style/ability and have them make a joint. thats a really really nice idea.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby SIFTER » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:00 am

Brutel's idea was best of them all. I say we should do what he'd said.
Or MAYBE:
We make a colleb in which a team containing one flash animator and one pivot animator into one single entry in which the pivot animator creates an animation interacting with an invisible guy which will be later on the flash stick figure, exports the animation as .gif, then let the flash guy animate his. It should look like a co-op if done right.
Kinda like a co-op version of the run collab.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Lord » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:05 am

Sifter wrote:We make a colleb in which a team containing one flash animator and one pivot animator into one single entry in which the pivot animator creates an animation interacting with an invisible guy which will be later on the flash stick figure, exports the animation as .gif, then let the flash guy animate his. It should look like a co-op if done right.
Kinda like a co-op version of the run collab.

I like this idea.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Acid » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:08 am

I think it should be Flash and Pivot collaboration too. But not necessarily this being the theme.
Maybe dark demons invading the dojo ;)
| Thread | PM me | Steam |
"If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed."
AcidOffline
∙▪▫▫▪∙
∙▪▫▫▪∙

Postby Lord » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:33 am

Acid wrote:Maybe dark demons invading the dojo ;)

I like this idea also.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby SupaPig » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:24 am

LordPivot wrote:

I like this idea also.

THAT'S A SICK IDEA!!! GIMME :D
My Thread><><><><><><><My Profile

Animating:BBoDD V Entry:
Progress: 10/1000 Frames
SupaPigOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Josh » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:35 am

This could be cool, maybe like a staff vs regulars sort of thing. We have to animate ourselves forcing our way in and the dojo has to animate fighting us off or something.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Mat » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:41 am

Acid wrote:I think it should be Flash and Pivot collaboration too. But not necessarily this being the theme.

I could think of some things to do for this.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby TheRavenHouse » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:54 am

Acid wrote:I think it should be Flash and Pivot collaboration too. But not necessarily this being the theme.

I'll make something if we go with this.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby Juke » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:12 pm

I like the idea of us invading the dojo! Then at the end we realise that we are similar to eachother and we become friends.
How do you think we would be able to make it with pivot and flash, also with people having different parts? Have like 3 stages, and with each stage there is a different background. So there would be like 4 parts for each stage or something, and each stage is us getting closer to Hyun's office or something?
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Josh » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:46 pm

Well, we could show us from them by simply just turning us a dark blue or something, or if we wanted to we could provide a demon head in both stk and movieclip form to use in the animation.

If we have it like SvR, we could maybe have two or three teams with a leader of each. Maybe then the three leaders make an animation in Pivot for the final scene and by some camera trickery we put them all together in Flash with a transparent background. The Flash animators at the dojo can then animate above our animations.
If we did it with only two or three leaders, it would be a lot easier to co-ordinate a final scene which is doable for both the Pivot and Flash animators, perhaps even creating a storyboard to follow.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Raymond » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:16 pm

Juke wrote:I like the idea of us invading the dojo! Then at the end we realise that we are similar to eachother and we become friends.
How do you think we would be able to make it with pivot and flash, also with people having different parts? Have like 3 stages, and with each stage there is a different background. So there would be like 4 parts for each stage or something, and each stage is us getting closer to Hyun's office or something?

I like this idea, but it reminds me alot of "The Great Journey" made by the Dojo, where everyone is invited to go and they all show up at the dojo. I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but it seems really similar to that. I think we should do something more original. I'm stumped for ideas though haha.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Daniël » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:02 am

Yeah, let's invade Dojo and kill Hyun!
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby SIFTER » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:19 am

^ *GASP* YES!
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Hyun » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:36 am

Daniël wrote:Yeah, let's invade Dojo and kill Hyun!

HEY!

But yeah I like this invasion idea. Would need some mad planning to pull off. The key is to make it as simple as possible for the animators so we can get a good success rate on both communities. Really digging the story element though of the invasion.
HyunOffline
Honorary
Honorary

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements