Collab With Hyun's Dojo!?

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Collab With Hyun's Dojo!?

Postby Cheese » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:59 pm

Acid wrote:YES! Like a "Red Button Collab". He enters a white canvas or a simple template bg, press the red button on the middle, and then everything transforms in the way the animator wants. Then he presses again, comes back to the initial canvas and leaves the scene.

Seems pretty simple and leaves a huge window for people to be creative.

I like this one the best!

I totally want something like this.
It's great because its simple enough for both sides to animate, and just an awesome idea.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Grams » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:04 pm

Raymond wrote:What if we had a little red button in the center of the stage that sat on top of a pole/stand. Have your guy enter the stage however you want and have them do whatever you want, but once your finished, have your character press the button, switching up the scenes? Idk, it's not the best idea, but it's something simple that people can animate which we can easily put together in a video.

So far, this is my favorite idea based on the creative potential and practicality.

Maybe have the button change location on the canvas, though; it would be strange to have a stick walk to the center of the scene, press the button to change the environment, but they would still be standing in the same place with access to change the scene right away again instead of basking in the newly found background.

e.g. Stick starts out in blank canvas and changes scene to a jungle setting. But, le toucan arrives and steals the button, so the stick has to chase it down by some means, and so on and so forth. Although, it isn't necessarily required for the button to change location.

Idk. Just spitballin'.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Raymond » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:10 pm

Juke wrote:Does that not just scream Doors Collab to you except instead of triggering the room with a door your triggering it with a red button? I mean I like the idea and there's room for creativity but it's too vague and almost like doors. I don't really know.

But we want it to be vague, so people can animate what they want and have more fun with it. Idc what idea we end up using, I'm just throwing out some ideas that I think will work the best.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Josh » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:26 pm

We want our idea to be simple and enjoyable. As we probably already know, things with big plot-lines don't usually work too well on DD. That would be fine, but if we'd be holding back another community with our laziness, it's not on.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Cheese » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:50 pm

Grams wrote:
Raymond wrote:What if we had a little red button in the center of the stage that sat on top of a pole/stand. Have your guy enter the stage however you want and have them do whatever you want, but once your finished, have your character press the button, switching up the scenes? Idk, it's not the best idea, but it's something simple that people can animate which we can easily put together in a video.

So far, this is my favorite idea based on the creative potential and practicality.

Maybe have the button change location on the canvas, though; it would be strange to have a stick walk to the center of the scene, press the button to change the environment, but they would still be standing in the same place with access to change the scene right away again instead of basking in the newly found background.

e.g. Stick starts out in blank canvas and changes scene to a jungle setting. But, le toucan arrives and steals the button, so the stick has to chase it down by some means, and so on and so forth. Although, it isn't necessarily required for the button to change location.

Idk. Just spitballin'.

check what acid added onto that idea, its vague enough your example would work fine
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Franklin » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:56 pm

I think the red button idea would be cool if every person's part was a standard black stick, a red button, and an obstacle course in between. Every time the stick gets through the course and presses the button, everything "resets" into the next person's part, which is a completely different course. Pretty much like levels in a flash platformer, except level is animated by a different person. Maybe even level numbers in between the parts. It doesn't really take advantage of it being a dual website, dual software collab, so it probably isn't the best idea for this, though.

idk
Spoiler:
Last edited by Franklin on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Cheese » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:57 pm

guys
Acid wrote:YES! Like a "Red Button Collab". He enters a white canvas or a simple template bg, press the red button on the middle, and then everything transforms in the way the animator wants. Then he presses again, comes back to the initial canvas and leaves the scene.

Seems pretty simple and leaves a huge window for people to be creative.

I like this one the best!

you two overlooked this
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Grams » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:00 pm

Root wrote:It doesn't really take advantage of it being a dual website, dual software collab, so it probably isn't the best idea for this, though.

Unfortunately, I don't think there are many viable options able to take advantage of the differences in each program that don't hinder the other.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Franklin » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:36 pm

Grams wrote:
Root wrote:It doesn't really take advantage of it being a dual website, dual software collab, so it probably isn't the best idea for this, though.

Unfortunately, I don't think there are many viable options able to take advantage of the differences in each program that don't hinder the other.

I feel like it should be something that signifies there being two different communities involved, instead of just a normal collaboration that would work with one.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Caleb » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:00 am

Root wrote:
Grams wrote:

I feel like it should be something that signifies there being two different communities involved, instead of just a normal collaboration that would work with one.

You're making this way more complicated than it has to be.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Acid » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:09 pm

Jesus christ guys (I'm not even christian)

You guys are complicating this too much. Haha
| Thread | PM me | Steam |
"If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed."
AcidOffline
∙▪▫▫▪∙
∙▪▫▫▪∙

Postby Mori » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:56 pm

How about a doors collab?
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby Grams » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:10 pm

Mori wrote:How about a doors collab?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2435
Although this isn't specifically TDD and the Dojo, why would we with this going on? You're apart of it too. Plus, it's nothing new or unique, as opposed to a cross-software collab which is.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Ashero » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:19 pm

brutel wrote:Pivot vs Flash. There's a flag/trophy/whatever at the very center. Pivot is on the left, flash on the right. They have to race to the center doors-style to the prize. Last scene is them getting there and fighting for the prize or realizing they're not very different and become friends.

i thought this up in like 10 seconds pls give opinions

i like it
Maybe it could be split into four groups: DDPivoters, DDFlashers, HDPivoters, and HDFlashers. They can all be recognized by a horns(for DD) or a party hat (for HD) and animation style should be pretty easy to see
AsheroOffline
new scrooge
VIP

Postby Franklin » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:36 pm

Ashero wrote:They can all be recognized by a horns(for DD) or a party hat (for HD)

I love that.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements