HorsieOffline
Fabulous
VIP

Re: [SIGN UPS] DojoDemon Collab - The Great Dojo Invasion

Postby Lord » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:34 pm

Horsie wrote:Whoa, there are a lot of animators from Hyun Dojo :o

We're outnumbered. (scared
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Finom » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:41 pm

Outnumbered doesn't mean outmatched. Napoleon took on armies 3 times his size, and Spartacus used slaves to fight the entire empire of Rome. We definitely stand a fighting chance :)
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby Lord » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:43 pm

HypeMaster wrote:Outnumbered doesn't mean outmatched. Napoleon took on armies 3 times his size, and Spartacus used slaves to fight the entire empire of Rome. We definitely stand a fighting chance :)

Napoleon used a 'Reign of Terror' to keep France from falling apart against the invasion of Britain and other countries... Juke's sound though, so I doubt he'd use a reign of terror on us. XD
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Finom » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:57 pm

I can imagine it :)
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby Llama » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:00 pm

LordPivot wrote:
HypeMaster wrote:Outnumbered doesn't mean outmatched. Napoleon took on armies 3 times his size, and Spartacus used slaves to fight the entire empire of Rome. We definitely stand a fighting chance :)

Napoleon used a 'Reign of Terror' to keep France from falling apart against the invasion of Britain and other countries... Juke's sound though, so I doubt he'd use a reign of terror on us. XD

Do not telleth me that thou hath forgotten thy infamous "Reign of Terror" imposed upon us by our magistrate Juke himself not but a twelve-month ago?
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Lord » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:03 pm

LlamaPIVOT wrote:
LordPivot wrote:

Do not telleth me that thou hath forgotten thy infamous "Reign of Terror" imposed upon us by our magistrate Juke himself not but a twelve-month ago?

phpBB [video]

Oh... yeah. :)
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Juke » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:21 pm

Alright guys, sign ups close TOMORROW.
- Here is how things will work out; 6 animators will be chosen and picked for each scene, 3 animators from the dojo and 3 animators from the dark demon. So 24 animators will be participating in this collab, 12 from Hyun's Dojo and 12 from theDarkDemon, over a total of 4 scenes (scene 2,3,4,5). We are estimating that the collab should be around 10 minutes long max so we don't want to have loads of entries. Skill level shown from the animations you have shown will be the deciding factor whether you get in or not.

-There are not many spots in this collab which means there will be a lot of people who don't get in. I don't want this to discourage anyone who doesn't get in, some of darkdemon's BEST animators have signed up. All I can really say is to use this as motivation to keep improving and don't give up. Don't worry, there will many more collabs like these to come and you will get your chance to participate if you just keep practicing and improving.

That's pretty much all I have to say for now. Again, sign ups close TOMORROW so sign up if you already haven't.
I'll update everyone again shortly.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Suxsa » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:44 pm

Scene 4 please
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
SuxsaOffline

Postby Finom » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:56 pm

Damn, only 12 animators from TDD... I wonder if we will ever have another collab with HD :P
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:48 pm

31 animators... and we are known for being lazy ass motherfuckers.
So... theres like 6 of us. Lets hope hyun's dojo has even lazier animators.

Hyun wrote:There are a total of 4 scenes (2,3,4,5) each scene will have 3 parts from the Dojo and 3 parts from the Dark Demon. So basically a total of 12 animators will be selected from the signup list. I know this seems like a little bit, but keep in mind that this isn't DOORS where it'll be like 30 minutes long. We have to keep it at around 10 minutes max and only half of the parts are coming from the Dojo so spots are very limited. Animation skill based on the link you have provided will be the biggest factor in who gets into the roster.

Hyun wrote:12 animators will be selected from the signup list.

Im probably either on the bare end of this, or not in at all. But if I actually do get in, im actually going to try. (Give us lots of time though). Don't worry, for all the time I haven't been making pivot animation, I've been making animations on programs like ToonBoom, Maya, Flash, etc.

Also, uh. Lets go all out. :) No defenses at home-base, all troops flood their base. All out attack.
Last edited by ZucchiniJuice on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby SupaPig » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:57 pm

Any scene is fine although it's pretty much guaranteed that I won't make it into the collab
My Current Best Animation
My Thread><><><><><><><My Profile

Animating:BBoDD V Entry:
Progress: 10/1000 Frames
SupaPigOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Juke » Fri May 01, 2015 1:29 am

12 animators selected from the sign ups list from each community, if you read my post above.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby tuna » Fri May 01, 2015 1:50 am

oh shit just 12??? oh shit ive got some serious competition on that board holyshit i wanna be in so bad though. Juke pls i can be so good
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Blademaster » Fri May 01, 2015 3:56 am

I edited my post on the 2nd page I think where I mentioned that I want to make a part for scene 5.

Also posted my DDCXI as gif. Well here is the link again.

http://s13.postimg.org/h67ice239/DDCXI.gif

What about "He's G" btw?
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements