DojoDemon Collab OUT NOW

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: [DUEDATE July 6th ] DojoDemon Collab-The Great Dojo Inva

Postby Raymond » Mon May 04, 2015 6:33 pm

Acid wrote:Okay, that feels weird. So we can make our own bgs, cool... But I think it will get a lot messy for that, but it aint a problem.
What I fear the most is the transition between the in-scenes. They will have the same bg, and for example the scene 2, everybody may think of making demons come in for the right, but there will be 6 scenes in which there will be people showing up. The continuation of the whole animation will feel weird in my opinion.

Idk, if that's what it's supposed to be then I'll deal with it and make my part. Just making sure...

Thinking about it like this, that does sound weird. We just make a part showing members raid the dojo, using the references to create our backgrounds, but like since there is 3 animators for each scene, it will be the same thing animated 3 times played one after the other, it would look weird. Maybe you and Hyun have intentions to alternate between a dojo animator and a darkdemon animator for each scene. That would look a little better in my opinion, but it would still look odd showing just random blue stick figures destroy random grey stick figures behind a barrier and then showing that 2 more times, then doing the same thing, but with the dojo door instead of the barriers outside.

It just seems very repetitive. I assumed this would be something like staff vs regulars since you guys are picking specific people to animate.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Acid » Mon May 04, 2015 6:42 pm

Yeah, I thought there would be a great storyline for us to follow, with each scene separated for each animator, but the way that is looks very messy.
| Thread | PM me | Steam |
"If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed."
AcidOffline
∙▪▫▫▪∙
∙▪▫▫▪∙

Postby Firecracker » Mon May 04, 2015 8:48 pm

Scene 5: Chris, Firecracker, Marvilicious l PLasmaghost, Afrotique, guz

Yup, I'm fucked.
"A stickfigure doing a walk is far better than some spiky-haired fuckwit blurring across the screen in a two or three-frame run."

~ Waffles Mgee
FirecrackerOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Ussay » Mon May 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Oh my god, I love the reference image :D! haha, hey, wasn't it supposed to be a transition animation between scenes made by the staff?? Well, doesn't matter, will begin ASAP D';<

Also, Juke, I'm planning on making pee and poo fight a little bit, is that ok for you?? I'll ask the dojo too, to see if they're ok with such a grotesque thing.
UssayOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Horsie » Mon May 04, 2015 9:27 pm

Firecracker wrote:
Scene 5: Chris, Firecracker, Marvilicious l PLasmaghost, Afrotique, guz

Yup, I'm fucked.

Idk who they are but i guess they are beasts similar to those in my scene xD.

Ussay wrote:Also, Juke, I'm planning on making pee and poo fight a little bit, is that ok for you?? I'll ask the dojo too, to see if they're ok with such a grotesque thing.

Haha do it please :D
HorsieOffline
Fabulous
VIP

Postby tuna » Tue May 05, 2015 2:02 am

sweeet i'll get animating this evening! :D this is gonna be awesome
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Jojishi » Tue May 05, 2015 3:25 am

Dojo Parts should have a LEFT SIDE ORIENTATION. Meaning the dojo army should be defending from the left side, DD army coming in from the right.

This feels so wrong, and my main beef with the Doors Collabs as well. Progression is shown left to right because we read left to right, so it's ingrained in our subconscious. Look at every web page or graphic design - left to right. If you go to a race track you'll notice once again that the horses, runners, whatever run left to right. Left to right signifies progression. The opposite feels unnatural.

For a collab where the invaders are meant to progress into the Dojo HQ, it feels like a regression instead. It doesn't feel like the invaders get anywhere because they're constantly going "back". Just thought I'd point this out because a seemingly meaningless thing can actually make a huge difference. I probably sound like I'm freaking out over nothing, but it really is a big deal. It's sort of like how the first Avengers movie had a 16:9 aspect ratio (ew...) and felt remarkably like a TV movie (but the way it was shot probably also had an effect).

I know not all cultures read left to right either. But due to a predominant "left to right" reading style, it would make the most sense for the majority of people. Again, I'm not ignoring the fact that certain cultures read the other way.

I'm starting on my entry now and I think I've got some cool ideas already. Going to put in a lot of work into giving a sense of just how big this place is (maybe I'll animate 600 members haha). Want to make Dojo feel intimidated. :)
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Drone » Tue May 05, 2015 3:37 am

I agree about the right to left thing, it's kinda unnatural, but what're ya gonna do yknow.
You guys better bring your A game, cus we'll definitely be going all out!
XXX Image XXX
DroneOffline
Active
Active

Postby Jojishi » Tue May 05, 2015 3:44 am

Drone wrote:I agree about the right to left thing, it's kinda unnatural, but what're ya gonna do yknow.
You guys better bring your A game, cus we'll definitely be going all out!

Yeah honestly I don't mind that much and I've just got to work with what's here. I'm going to give my best shot though. You better believe I'll be bringing my A game...
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Daniël » Tue May 05, 2015 7:47 am

Due-date's on my birthday. Cool.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby tuna » Tue May 05, 2015 9:57 am

Juke wrote:- Scene 2:Caleb, Tuna, Jojishi l FL-Nordin, Shuriken, Drone

so am i fighting just shuriken, or are all three of us fighting all three of them.
edit: or am i not fighting them specifically at all, and their names are just there so we know whos animating on the dojo side?
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby socks » Tue May 05, 2015 10:03 am

So right, what do you guys plan on doing for the music selection and the various sound effects. Because if i hear skrill droppin' the bass and Xaio Xaio for every part it'd be a bit bland.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Acid » Tue May 05, 2015 11:35 am

Now that I saw I'm listed on scene 3 even though I assigned for scene 2. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But whatever, I'm fine with it.

Make sure nothing is going to change please Juke, starting something now to delete it will be disappointing!
| Thread | PM me | Steam |
"If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed."
AcidOffline
∙▪▫▫▪∙
∙▪▫▫▪∙

Postby Ussay » Tue May 05, 2015 11:50 am

Tuna it's just the ones that will make an entry for that scene :D
UssayOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Raymond » Tue May 05, 2015 1:49 pm

I'm excited for this, but I feel like it's going to be difficult. Like I'm not sure how the end result will look.

Edit: I feel this would work with 6 animators, one for each scene, but not 3 for each. I understand the staff will be animating the transitions into each scene, but there are no transitions being animated between the 6 different animators for each scene. It's going to look weird just mashing each entry together without a specific set of instructions for transitioning between each animator.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements