DDC13 - Out Now!

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

Do you agree with programs other than Pivot being used?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes : 94

Re: DDC13 - Out Now!

Postby Lord » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:17 am

Amazing animations by everyone here. Loved Tuna/Giffgaff/Flame's entry a lot, I found myself looking at the bird's face quite a bit. I noticed you put a lot of effort into making it life-like - for instance when the twig snaps back at it's face, it shows genuine surprise and shock. I actually smiled in the end when the little thing jumped into the birds wings. It's not so often when animations end happily. XD

I loved Top's Star Wars animation aswell. The lightsabers were animated excellently. This was the kind of style I wished to attempt for my own Star Wars animations - I guess I couldn't break my own habitual style. Each swing was clear, and you even broke up the fight a bit by having them go hand-to-hand briefly - constant lightsabers could be a little boring. Well done on the animation. :D

AlPK's dinosaurs... wow. I was a big dinosaur freak as a child (who wasn't?) and this really got me giddy with excitement. :D
Seeing the blood come out made me even more excited. You displayed the size of them very well too. It can be difficult making perspective in animation - let alone Pivot. That last shot really showed the contrast well. Would love to hear some audio with this - that would make it even more deadly. :D

Glad to see there's still energy here in the forums. Well done again to all involved here. :D
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Blademaster » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:55 am

Nice collab! (thumbsup
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Ray » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:56 pm

It feels so good to see people commenting and getting excited about something pivot related again. Glad to know that Pivot just may not be as dead as we all think.
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby Gifgiff » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:35 pm

Thanks for nurturing another DDC, Jojishi! I love the simple theme and variety of pacing and music in this one. It's got slow, ponderous moments, beautifully crafted traditional stick fights, plenty of throwbacks, a solid dose of cinematography, and even emotional dinosaur eyes. The only thing it's missing is a blimp.

Sheesh, those dinosaurs. I don't know how you juggled so many details and still managed to make the animation gel, AlpK, but it all works so smoothly. It's even timed to the music! You must have used that weird technique called planning. It's wonderful.

We've all got Tuna to thank for the bird! The joint had stagnated for a couple of weeks before he dropped it in, and it took off again from there. Too bad the frame rate was a bit quick, but on the flip side, it does match the music better this way.

Pivot is such a weird medium. It's always heartwarming to see it shine in these collabs, in its own quirky way.
GifgiffOffline
Active
Active

Postby Juke » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:23 pm

Turned out great, it's lovely to see that the community can still produce something together. I've got to give it to Alp's dinosaur animation though, that was crazy, mad props to him. Weird that I've never heard of him before!
The joint between Gifgiff, Tuna and Flame was also really well animated. It captured great thought and emotion I loved it, the plot was also really nice. Great to see something other than violence and fighting being animated in pivot.

Amazing job everyone you guys should be proud of what you created.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Drakus » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:02 am

I felt like an 8 year old again watching this. Just sitting in front of my screen with my jaw dropped in awe of the cool pivot animations I was watching.
As one who animates dinosaurs as well, I found Alp's out of this world. I loved every moment in it, my jaw dropped even further looking at the 3d shots he made while knowing he had to redraw the whole dinosaur for every perspective shown.
Flame, gifgiffs and Tuna's I thought was flash, honestly. Each creature was given so much character into their movement, it was a sight for sore eyes tbh.
My animation thread; viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4618
DrakusOffline
Active
Active

Postby Pivotelite » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:13 am

Those dinosaurs were impeccably well done, that's amazing work. Loved the creativity of gifgiffs/flame/tuna joint entry as well. All the animation were great. Impressed to see people with such skill in pivot still. It was very nostalgic for me to watch a DDC again.
PivoteliteOffline
Active
Active

Postby kellawgs » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:10 am

Wow, the list gets shorter every year doesn't it. There were a few real gems in there though!

Seriously though, may be about time to throw in the towel.
frogs settle into the night
kellawgsOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby SIFTER » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:07 pm

Yeah DDC maybe best to end it here, or push it for a DDCF (F for final). But good stuff nonetheless. Flashing was quite nice as expected from jojishi, Ussay's entry was really clean imo, and Flame/Tuna/Gifgiff's joint was most original I would say, and these are the ones that stood out to me. Rest is still really great. Loved them all.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Doddsy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Popped in to say great job on the recent collab and I'm happy to see that the community is still breathing creativity. Crazy to see the diversity in animation and the potential pivot offers the animators these days. Grays stood out to me, animation flowed nicely and was pleasant to watch all them old stks. Great work all.
DoddsyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Elliott » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:07 pm

Absolutely phenomenal work guys - the ending was mind blowing!
ElliottOffline
Honorary

Postby Mark Ivan X719 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:33 am

Jojishi wrote:
phpBB [video]

Due on the 28th of April

Please use the aspect ratio calculator
Don't know what dimensions to use? Options include:
640 width x 360 height
720 width x 405 height
848 width x 480 height
960 width x 540 height
1024 width x 576 height
1280 width x 720 height

Entrants
Llama
Sifter
Outdated
Gary
Ray
Clies
Secretname911
Fuel
Flame
Tops620
Paperv
Tuna
Mori
Crono
Raymond
Hype
Juke
Chris
Mat
Chris, Horsie & Omega
Phewz
Riott
FlamingSosej2732
HectorAndres
Flame & Gary
Rix-Sama
dilz9015
SchemeTheAnimator
Paperv + wraybies
Cavolia
-Y-
Mr. Grape Soda
Fleance
Leo
Lasky's
MadMan
MrZenox
Four
~Sasuke
PivotYoungster
MrMushroom
AlpK
Sway
Echo
jimothyboi
Derelict

Completed
Paperv + wraybies
Ussay
Math
Gary
DON
AlpK
Tops620
Leo
MrZenox
Flame + Gifgiff + Tuna
Ray

Flasher
Sifter
Hey Jojishi Count Me In
Mark Ivan X719Offline

Postby Gary » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:15 pm

The collab is finished. Also, please stop quadruple posting.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Previous

Return to Announcements