DDC12 Remastered - Trailer

Announcements and updates.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: DDC12 Remastered - Trailer

Postby Marvilicious » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:42 am

Oh man, oh man. You are doing great work there, even providing us with a trailer! (grin

But why aren't the scenes fully fading out? There's still a very dark picture left inbetween the pauses.
MarviliciousOffline
Lurking cunt
VIP

Postby MCToast » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:49 am

you should spend more time on the b-side than these, no offense.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:51 am

Marvilicious wrote:Oh man, oh man. You are doing great work there, even providing us with a trailer! (grin

But why aren't the scenes fully fading out? There's still a very dark picture left inbetween the pauses.

Thanks man. It was fun. I have no idea why the scenes aren't completely fading. When I preview it it fades out completely. When it renders it comes out like that though. I'm not sure what it is... Maybe it's a hardware issue, but I'll try and get it sorted for the B-Side and Remaster because it doesn't look good.

The song is Bjorn Lynne - "Over Distant Shores" in case anyone is wondering.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Amir » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:54 am

The "Original" is still in a better quality than the original original. But yeah that's an improvement. Looks a lot better now.
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Postby Jojishi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:00 am

Also, I think it was slightly hard to tell, but at the end (with the split-screen) you can see the VHS effect isn't in the Remaster. I'll be taking most of them out, with them left in for the end of each phase though.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Marvilicious » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:08 am

Jojishi wrote:Also, I think it was slightly hard to tell, but at the end (with the split-screen) you can see the VHS effect isn't in the Remaster. I'll be taking most of them out, with them left in for the end of each phase though.

Great! But will the audio glitches also be taken out mostly? Those were the ones which really threw me off. (thumbsup
MarviliciousOffline
Lurking cunt
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:23 am

Marvilicious wrote:
Jojishi wrote:Also, I think it was slightly hard to tell, but at the end (with the split-screen) you can see the VHS effect isn't in the Remaster. I'll be taking most of them out, with them left in for the end of each phase though.

Great! But will the audio glitches also be taken out mostly? Those were the ones which really threw me off. (thumbsup

Yeah, they'll be taken out with the VHS effects that are taken out. I'll leave the audio glitches in at the end of each phase with any VHS effects that I also leave in. I hope this makes sense.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Marvilicious » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:44 am

Jojishi wrote:
Marvilicious wrote:

Yeah, they'll be taken out with the VHS effects that are taken out. I'll leave the audio glitches in at the end of each phase with any VHS effects that I also leave in. I hope this makes sense.

Yeah, it makes sense and it also makes me happy. Thank you. (mm
MarviliciousOffline
Lurking cunt
VIP

Postby Daniël » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:10 am

Oi, I'm glad to see we've got things moving again and I'll definitely be watching the DDC12 remastered too.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Jon » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:41 pm

Congratulations to everyone. Those animations were sublime, Ussay I had no idea you could animate like that dude, holy fuck.

Phazon, you still amaze me with how well you grasp first person animation.

Excellent flashing Jojishi, this turned out 100 x better than what I imagined it would. I saw this as a definitive failure, but you've all proven me wrong.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Acid » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:32 pm

There were fewer entries this year, but some animations there were just too epic that made this one of the best.
Also, props to your hard work jojishi, you really made this collab work and managed to (even with all the circunstances) release the so wanted DDC 12. Great job man!

Also, I'm happy my entry didn't make it, it wasn't worthy near all the great ones we had.
Congratulations everyone!
| Thread | PM me | Steam |
"If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed."
AcidOffline
∙▪▫▫▪∙
∙▪▫▫▪∙

Postby Anton » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:07 pm

I see no difference, maybe because at 360p or higher, every vid i watch gets to buffer every 5 seconds. So i have to watch everything in 240p, i'm used to it. (cry
Gotta love the day when i'll get to 1180p 60fps or something like that.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:27 am

Hey guys.

Some bad news, which probably doesn't come as a surprise since I've broken my promise so many times. I'm not sure if the B-Side will actually release on the 15th like I said it would now. I've been dealing with some serious health issues lately that have really impacted my motivation to do anything. I'm still getting work done on this thing, but the original progress I was making has slowed down a lot.

I'll keep you all updated. It shouldn't be too much longer after the 15th hopefully.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby SIFTER » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:57 am

Wouldn't be nicer to you if you just extend both DDC12 remastered and B-side to 31/12/2014? I'm sure it will be more adequate for you this way. Stressing yourself seemingly doesn't pay off that much. So, yeah. Just a suggestion. I don't mind waiting for this long, but I don't know about the others.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Mat » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:37 am

You should just stop giving dates in general. It makes it harder and more stressful for you and makes everyone bitch an moan if it isn't out on time. You should just say it will be out when it's done.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements