Animation Points

Animations posted here won't be ranked or affect your skill level.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: PivotPoints

Postby tuna » Fri May 13, 2016 1:55 am

@ elixir, im gonna give you 2PP. the background was cool but you didnt make it.

@Kuro, i'll give you 3PP. the transform was kinda lazy imo, it was just a flash and then it was done. i know you could do better. the animation was interesting tho so gg. for the other one (which im guessing is fuck pivot), i'm also giving you 4PP. could show more of flash's features i guess? it was v good tho. i feel like i might be being harsh, so we'll see if Chris thinks you could have 5PP.

@Rix-Sama, i'll give you 1PP, +1PP for creativity. what would be more interesting is if the shadow was actually a stickfigure rather than just a line, especially if this was also animated. also, about your question, the animations you submit to this thread have to be specifically for pivotpoints, so sorry you cant submit a seperate project for points.

Chris if you think im harsh then feel free to change how im giving out points. i just feel like points should really feel like theyre being earned.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Blademaster » Fri May 13, 2016 4:23 am

Sounds right to me. I like that you gave a good argument to the points you gave out.

My favorite one was made by Elixir this time.
He may not have done backgrounds but he mastered the nice use of it. His movements were well done. I'd give him 2 more points for finishing it in a decent way or doing one more exercise.

I am not sure about the given points for kuros phoenix.
The idea of phoenix sounds epic to me, but I imagine I could beat Kuro's phoenix without a doubt :p I'll try it myself.

@rix-sama: looking forward to more. You can easily go for harder tasks. (cheesygrin

edit: Post it and we'll see how your advantage turns out, rix. :)
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Rix-Sama » Fri May 13, 2016 4:38 am

Chris wrote:@rix-sama: looking forward to more. You can easily go for harder tasks. (cheesygrin

edit: Post it and we'll see how your advantage turns out, rix. :)

I was about to go for tasks no one has done yet but damn my laziness is too strong
and the project isnt really finished so I dont wanna show unfinished stuff and its nearing 2000 frames so yeah :T
I'll just do the tasks no one has done yet
Rix-SamaOffline
Active
Active

Postby Blademaster » Fri May 13, 2016 4:42 am

Haha, don't worry man I am also about to join the fun. :)
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby tuna » Fri May 13, 2016 9:47 am

yeah im gonna give elixir another 2 points like you say chris, because the movements are considered nicely and the background in implemented. good thinking man
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Raymond » Fri May 13, 2016 10:04 am

Harry wrote:@Rix-Sama, also, about your question, the animations you submit to this thread have to be specifically for pivotpoints, so sorry you cant submit a seperate project for points.

If he hasn't shown the animation to anyone yet, couldn't he technically still post it for PP? I mean how can you judge whether or not it's meant for PP if he's just making the animation for fun and he hasn't shown anyone yet?
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby tuna » Fri May 13, 2016 10:26 am

well idk, because its not like he's made the animation with the task in mind. he's made the animation, seen the task and then thought that it fits under it. im not sure if thats the same thing. i'll just let Chris call this one tbh
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Blademaster » Fri May 13, 2016 11:18 am

Harry wrote:well idk, because its not like he's made the animation with the task in mind. he's made the animation, seen the task and then thought that it fits under it. im not sure if thats the same thing. i'll just let Chris call this one tbh

as I said, I'd think it's fine. Why would you say he should like animate a new one exactly for this PivotPoints when the tasks just says you have to hand in 1000 + frames.
He may have a big lead in the first place, that's true. But who says you can't keep up with handing in simple and easy animations day by day?
I will watch Rix-samas animation and give him a decent CC which explains why I would like to give him more points or less.

Actually it would be interessting if we could try out the PivotPoints system here and develope a new ranking system based on the given amount of points.
It's just some random thought. I am still overthinking it and I want to see how this thing turns out and how people feel about it. (thumbsup
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby tuna » Fri May 13, 2016 11:35 am

Chris wrote:
Harry wrote:well idk, because its not like he's made the animation with the task in mind. he's made the animation, seen the task and then thought that it fits under it. im not sure if thats the same thing. i'll just let Chris call this one tbh

as I said, I'd think it's fine. Why would you say he should like animate a new one exactly for this PivotPoints when the tasks just says you have to hand in 1000 + frames.
He may have a big lead in the first place, that's true. But who says you can't keep up with handing in simple and easy animations day by day?
I will watch Rix-samas animation and give him a decent CC which explains why I would like to give him more points or less.

alright sounds good
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby -Y- » Fri May 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Run Forrest Run!+Smoothness Level: Pro
Piv:
http://www.speedyshare.com/fDQEN/33.piv

Dance dance >:v

Chris:impressive how you can create so many shorts day by day. Time to take you on (cheesygrin
-Y-Offline
Regular
Regular

Postby Four » Sat May 14, 2016 8:33 am

Run Forrest Run!
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Blademaster » Sat May 14, 2016 10:58 am

Slash
Animate a stick figure doing sword sparring
MEDIUM

[17:52:16] Moe: I'll probably give like, a 9-10
[17:52:28] Moe: since it's simple and stuff
[17:52:35] Moe: also i feel bad for the stickman :c

I'll take the 8 points for now.
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Daniël » Sat May 14, 2016 11:08 am

Dope animation, but that doesn't look like sparring to me.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Blademaster » Sat May 14, 2016 11:26 am

Daniël wrote:Dope animation, but that doesn't look like sparring to me.

That's the problem. I was thinking about sparing first, but ended up in that animation. I could say it would be some kid of fluid dynamics due to the particle work.

We could say it's:

A bloody mess
Create a stickman dead with a bunch of blood.
Medium

I'd consider it as new contribution then.

Edit: A bloody Mess added!
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Michi » Sat May 14, 2016 11:35 am

Contributin'.

Medium Task:
"The Colossus"
Animate a gigantic character with an emphasis on its weight.

Chris: approved.
Spoiler:
Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston - The Illusion of Life: Disney Animation
https://vk.com/doc-58650815_254012664?dl=c753708760f72ab566
Richard Williams - The Animator's Survival Kit:
https://vk.com/doc176415392_222242886?hash=5e3a8f0a7cbfa92e91&dl=bc6e3d465d2f9e012c
Spoiler:
12 Principles of Animation summarized
http://vimeo.com/93206523
Aaron Hartline and Victor Navone, animators at Pixar Animation Studios and mentors at Animation Mentor, discuss timing and spacing tips and tricks
http://www.animationmentor.com/resources/webinars/timing-and-spacing/
Pixar's 22 rules to phenomenal storytelling
http://imgur.com/gallery/E8xe0

my thread
MichiOffline
I'm trash

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Freestyle