Pivot Practice: Combos

Animations posted here won't be ranked or affect your skill level.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Pivot Practice: Combos

Postby Euclid » Thu May 26, 2016 6:51 am

darkhitman345 wrote:Ok bro, how bout this

Hey can you post more than one of your combos?

IDK what you were talking about in that last question. Were you asking me to post another combo or if you're asking me if you can post more than one combo?

Okay as for the anim. I admire how, as a beginner you already made hand to hand fights. I had a really rough time making a punch back then heh.
The attacks lack power according to your poses so you use extreme ground tremors to compensate which is a really cheap way for expressing power. I suggest you try making a fight without the use of ground tremors and rely on your spacing and poses to express power. There's also the common beginner blunders such as stiffness, stop and go, bad poses, etc. There's also the lack of anticipation in some of the attacks which is also one of the reasons why the attacks look powerless.

All in all it's pretty basic. You're a relatively new animator that's understandable. Practice more, blablabla read tutorials all that stuff stay determined you'll get great, etc.

XElite109 wrote:Image
give me pp

Fucking hell that's a pretty nice combo man. You're better than Firecracker. Damn.

Hypo wrote:Image
I love the bouncy style on this one. It's just so nice to look at.

Gave this a try, wasn't sure if was gonna post it since it's only a couple of punches, but oh well.

Okay as for the punches, the first one is pretty weak mainly because it lacked those anticipation frames, at least 2 should do. That last punch looks spot on though.

All in all it was pretty short but yknow, I like it. Make more.

Also...

another unfinished one. Who knows? Maybe I'll finish it later.
Click the Pic for TDD thread. (Credits to Sifter for making my profile, RB, and Sig.)

"Animate to entertain others, lad. That's the point of animation. Some are too blind to see it though
Being big-headed and sucking balls don't go well in pair."
-Flame
EuclidOffline
#NextComboKing2019
#NextComboKing2019

Postby Blademaster » Thu May 26, 2016 12:08 pm

BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Euclid » Thu May 26, 2016 1:12 pm

Chris wrote:Image

Dude that is batshit insane! I love it! Seriously. The only thing I can complain about is that some of the poses lack balance and even still i might be nitpicking so good job! I'd like to see you make a fight with those moves!

Also:

wow i completed it lmao
Click the Pic for TDD thread. (Credits to Sifter for making my profile, RB, and Sig.)

"Animate to entertain others, lad. That's the point of animation. Some are too blind to see it though
-Flame
EuclidOffline
#NextComboKing2019
#NextComboKing2019

Postby -Y- » Thu May 26, 2016 4:19 pm

Okey, testing some spacing
-Y-Offline
Regular
Regular

Postby Finom » Thu May 26, 2016 8:17 pm

Finally got bored enough to make a combo. I tried to use a different spacing style that what I usually do, but holy shit I never realized how bad this turned out looking back.

Spoiler:
DD15x wrote:
I need to improve :(

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3624&p=85072#p85072
I'm not sure what to say o.O
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby Hypo » Fri May 27, 2016 6:57 am

I'm not sure man but something feels odd about your anims, it seems like you don't have that many frames and use a low fps... At what fps did you animate that?
HypoOffline
Active
Active

Postby Finom » Fri May 27, 2016 9:58 am

12 FPs. Did I break some kind of unspoken universal animation law or something? D:
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby Euclid » Fri May 27, 2016 3:18 pm

Kuro wrote:Okey, testing some spacing

Nice, the limbs have more snap now so it's more powerful and some of the attacks are more so since you added some anticipation here and there. You also utilized the left right origin point movement thingy to emphasize power nicely. Some moves still have that lack of power though, and one part i didn't like is when he punched the ground for some reason. It's like he's spazzing and he just wants to snap all over the place. I suggest giving your attacks a more sense of direction and not just randomly attacking everywhere. But hey, you did the spacing correctly so you got that goal on point.

Hype wrote:Finally got bored enough to make a combo. I tried to use a different spacing style that what I usually do, but holy shit I never realized how bad this turned out looking back.

Spoiler:
DD15x wrote:
I need to improve :(

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3624&p=85072#p85072
I'm not sure what to say o.O

There's nothing wrong with animating at 12fps but you need to have a huge knowledge on poses I think. But yknow, I still recommend animating at a much faster framerate.

As for the animation, It's pretty standard with what you do. The first punch looks off balance and i suggest you turn it into a step jab (see: The Grand Combat Tutorial) second and third punches seem okay ish although the poses could use a little bit of work. The last punch lacks power though even if you added at least some semblance of anticipation mainly because you didn't snap the limbs and put your body into it.

All in all it's an improvement, It doesn't have much of the distinct shakiness that you usually have in your anims so that's pretty good. Also the fighting stance with the jump was a nice touch. Keep it up!

-Flame
EuclidOffline
#NextComboKing2019
#NextComboKing2019

Postby Setto » Fri May 27, 2016 3:28 pm

sticks are for casuals
any cnc would be GREAT
Last edited by Setto on Sat May 28, 2016 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowLith: 450 frames
Katana guy vs big sword dude: 84 frames
pyro vs setto: i think its like 890 frames or something idfk
SettoOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Lord » Fri May 27, 2016 4:04 pm

Don't even ask what that kick was. XD
I suck at good combos.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Setto » Fri May 27, 2016 6:34 pm

Lord wrote:Image
I suck at good combos.

what was that last kick
SettoOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Hitman » Fri May 27, 2016 6:40 pm

T.01 wrote:
darkhitman345 wrote:

IDK what you were talking about in that last question. Were you asking me to post another combo or if you're asking me if you can post more than one combo?

Yh I was asking if I could post more than one of my combos
RS is kinda dead now huh?,and so am I.

HitmanOffline
Active
Active

Postby Setto » Sat May 28, 2016 12:38 am

2 in 1 day wowow
SettoOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Alexis » Sat May 28, 2016 3:38 am

Setto wrote:2 in 1 day wowow

Damn those hits look niceeee
Don't Start.
AlexisOffline
pretty fuckin' dead
VIP

Postby Euclid » Sat May 28, 2016 4:38 am

darkhitman345 wrote:
T.01 wrote:
darkhitman345 wrote:

Yh I was asking if I could post more than one of my combos

Sure, man! You can post as many times as you like.

Setto wrote:sticks are for casuals
any cnc would be GREAT

Pretty nice improvement there! the figure is balanced and the poses look okay-ish enough. Keep it up!

There are still some flaws there though. The scarf for example, I think you should move the scarf according to how the fullbody moves and it should serve no more as a follow through type of thing. Obviously there still a little bit of your stop and go thing but yknow, it continues to decrease the more you animate it seems. I think you should do something a little bit more like this:

I know this example sucks but yknow. see how he doesn't like, stop after he punches? He eases his torso and stuff for recovery.

You also need to put in some foreshortening in there as well because the follow through of the attacks looks very awkward. Especially those hooks and kicks. I love how you snapped the torso with the kicks. It really adds to the power of the attack. But i think you should lean it more and put your whole body into it to add more power. Speaking of which that last uppercut lacks anticipation for him to lift the stickfigure up in the air like that. I recommend you should like, crouch more to add anticipation and power.
All in all pretty decent job. Nice fullbody. Keep it up.

Lord wrote:Image

I suck at good combos.

Nice to see you finally post here lmao.

The kicks look decent enough as kicks g- OMG DID YOU JUST RESIZE HIS LEGS.

Anyway, Like i said, the kicks look okay but the anticipation on the second kick lacks fluidity because the movements are a blur before he does that kick pose. If i were to guess, he flipped? In order to fix that you should pose your figure in a way that correlates to the last and the next frame in a clear manner. And if I'm correct and he indeed flipped, you should put some more anticipation on the flip itself which works as an anticipation for the kick itself so it's like a double anticipation thingy since it's a highly flashy moves with spins and stuff. There's also that hand switch part right after the first kick. Did that serve as the anticipation for the flip? If so, you should move the arm and his torso wayy back more to make it work as an anticipation. A very good rule of thumb to think about when it comes to anticipation is to think of it as a rubber band. You go back first before you go forwards.

All in all i can see some improvements in your style since it's much smoother now. Nice job.

Setto wrote:2 in 1 day wowow

Nice job mane.

Okay this one has more of your stop and go thing tho lmao. Even though you snapped the limbs so it generates power it's not enough because power doesn't come from the limbs; it should come from the whole body. Same goes for the kick. You should watch some references and observe how the body moves. (referencereference.com is a pretty nice site to look for references.) There's also that lack of foreshortening again.

All in all it's pretty nice. Not up to par with your usual standards but yknow, we all get there sometimes. Practice more blablabla. If you have any questions hmu on skype or something.

Sorry 'bout the crappy cc's guys. I'm tired af. Maybe I should edit this later once I think of something more helpful to say idk.

-Flame
EuclidOffline
#NextComboKing2019
#NextComboKing2019

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Freestyle