Pivot Practice: Combos

Animations posted here won't be ranked or affect your skill level.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Pivot Practice: Combos

Postby Hydrogenex » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:33 am

I shall unfold the noobiest of da combos

I want to strangle those arms, I had no idea what to do with them. Also it was rushed towards the end, Rip me
My signature sucks, go away plz.

Wanna see my cringe anims? Here ya go!

HydrogenexOffline
Active
Active

Postby AnimationWizard » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:52 pm

15 minutes i know it bad ;-;
AnimationWizardOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby tuna » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:09 pm

i made this a few days ago bc i was bored. probs took about 20 mins, rusty and rushed af.
tunaOffline

Postby Finom » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:16 pm

It's a little hard to distinguish your movements fully, but it has an incredible body rhythm. It almost seems lifelike, and I really like it, even if it wasn't intentional!
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby -▲- » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:01 pm

-▲-Offline
Professional
Professional

Postby elixir » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:09 pm

-▲- wrote:

OMG can i have that piv pls??
elixirOffline
VIP

Postby -▲- » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Elixir wrote:
-▲- wrote:

OMG can i have that piv pls??

NO!
But u can have that piv:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c5kmev939 ... defogo.piv
-▲-Offline
Professional
Professional

Postby Mcreeses » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:58 pm

:P
Attachments
combo practice 1.gif
combo practice 1.gif (142.58 KiB) Viewed 6865 times
I'm here to eat your food and steal your furniture.
McreesesOffline

Postby Finom » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:52 pm

Oh sweet, we're starting this up again? Awesome!
To CC Mcreeses's animation, the movements are very abrupt and shaky, try smoothing things out, and maybe use less effects and a simpler stick. Keep it simple, and head out to the tutorial section. Pretty good try for a first combo, definitely keep going, you might reach places.

Not a combo, and I posted this earlier in the beginner's hall, but I never got any criticism. I have no idea what power is.
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby Mcreeses » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:58 am

Thanks..honestly not that it makes me feel better about the animation, but I kinda rushed it so I didn't expect much positive feedback. Looking at it now, I see how looks pretty shaky. But again thank you
I'm here to eat your food and steal your furniture.
McreesesOffline

Postby Alexis » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:12 am

Hype wrote:Oh sweet, we're starting this up again? Awesome!
To CC Mcreeses's animation, the movements are very abrupt and shaky, try smoothing things out, and maybe use less effects and a simpler stick. Keep it simple, and head out to the tutorial section. Pretty good try for a first combo, definitely keep going, you might reach places.

Not a combo, and I posted this earlier in the beginner's hall, but I never got any criticism. I have no idea what power is.

Hmm, the punch doesn't seem powerful, right now its looking like a feint. maybe use more strongish poses?
Don't Start.
AlexisOffline
pretty fuckin' dead
VIP

Postby MrDaril » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:25 pm

Hype wrote:Oh sweet, we're starting this up again? Awesome!

I think the reason why there is no power to it is because there is not much anticipation on the hit and the way the black dude falls.
He falls gently, like a feather. The more appropriate reaction for that kind of hit would be to take a step or two back after you get hit and hold your nose if you got hit there or something, not strong enough to get knocked down unless it's on the chin or something, but then again it is an animation and it needs to look strong to knock someone down otherwise it's kinda boring.
Maybe use poses that look stronger and more powerful, idk.

The main thing it lacks is anticipation, this is what I see, also a proper reaction from the black stick.
My Thread
Currently cooking up a joint with Ange(Alexis/Unus)
MrDarilOffline
Active
Active

Postby Youngster » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:54 am

Hi, I'm a beginner. Need someone to teach me on reactions. T_T
"

Currently working on:Something
YoungsterOffline
Noob
VIP

Postby Euclid » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:12 pm

LATEPOSTLMAO okay let's see what we have here..
Hydrogenex wrote:I shall unfold the noobiest of da combos

I want to strangle those arms, I had no idea what to do with them. Also it was rushed towards the end, Rip me

Main Flaws:
1. Poses - The poses are just plain unnatural so to speak mainly the attack poses as they lack the amount of balance and weight shifting that's supposed to be present when attacking in order to show power.
2. Limbs have no relation to the body - The way you move your arms and legs especially on the attacks make it look like they're separated from the rest of the body. For example, the origin point/pelvis should "snap" forwards when kicking, which is clearly not present here.
3. Anticipation - The first 2 attacks lack more "wind up" frames which made them look really confusing and unnatural.
4. That dash at the end - Normally I would've put this under "anticipation" and "poses" but there's multiple flaws with this one. First of the lack of balance. He didn't even land to catch his equilibrium. Then there's the lack of anticipation, he didn't even ready himself to be able to dash.
5. Trail - If I use trails i keep them there for 2 frames minimum unless it's a moving scene then I keep them for 1 frame. The trail you used for the kick just doesn't look "fluid" enough.

Advice (Respectively)
1. In order to fix your poses, you need to look at ton of references and try to use a bit of common sense while animating. When posing, think to yourself "will this work in real life?" "Is it correlated to the last frame in order to convey fluidity?" and stuff.
2. One of the principles of animation is called "Follow Through and Overlapping Action" which makes you think of how the different parts of the body move in relation to the main action. For example, when punching, it's important to "follow through" by moving the torso forward then regaining balance through the legs or something.
3. Any action must have an anticipation. Think of it like a rubber band. You pull it backwards and then release it to unleash it forwards. Now this doesn't mean that you have to think of EVERY action as a rubber band, as that would ruin the concept of flow; but yknow, don't focus on that just yet.
4. Make him land, regain his balance, wind up, and then dash. Simple.
5. The trails should start where the leg was in the previous frame and then end up in the current position of the leg and then at the next frame you half the length of the trail while still keeping track on the current position of the leg.

Things you did pretty well
1. It wasn't choppy or shaky or anything which is a good start for once.
2. You added a bg on an anim no matter how simple it is which is a nice habit to get into
3. You were thinking creatively (on some degree) on that dash at the end there.

All in all in beginner's standards, it's a 3/5

AnimationWizard wrote:Image
15 minutes i know it bad ;-;

Flaws:
1. Fluidity - The first jab lacks frames for it to look like an actual movement. The attack frame and the frame before it doesn't correlate with each other making it look really "separated"
2. 2nd Punch - The 2nd punch's attack frame should happen once the OTHER foot has landed in order for the guy to shift his weight forward. Now the attack doesn't convey as much power as it can potentially have.

Advice:
1. Make sure that each frame correlates with it's previous frame.
try to use a bit of common sense while animating. When posing, think to yourself "will this work in real life?" "Is it correlated to the last frame in order to convey fluidity?" and stuff.

2. Make sure that the other foot lands before actually punching. Simple.

Things you did pretty well:
1. For a beginner, it didn't have any of the flaws that a normal beginner would have (IE: shakiness, choppiness, etc.)
2. You've applied the concept of easing pretty well
3. You used foreshortening correctly as far as I know.
4. You used a background which increased the overall quality of the anim.

All in all it's a 3/5 in beginner standards due to the fact that it's short af.

-▲- wrote:

Main Flaws (This is really the only flaw I could spot so I'll just include the advice here then.)
1. Balance - Those 3 kicks that you did lack balance due to how you animated the support leg. Sure, it makes it look powerful due to him shifting MORE of his weight on the attack but it just makes it look unnatural. What I'd do is I'd place the support leg directly underneath him and then shift it when necessary.

Things that you did pretty well.
1. Those effects look really on point and I love how simple they are but they really get the job done.
2. You're Elite so I don't have to tell you that you're well beyond the beginner mistakes and all that stuff.

Extra comments:
I would've moved the legs in an arc when doing those kicks so it looks more flowy and stuff. But yknow, that works too.

It's cool and all but it's way below Elite standards. But yknow, fuck that. It's just a test lmao

PivotYoungster wrote:Image

Hi, I'm a beginner. Need someone to teach me on reactions. T_T

Main Flaws (This is really the only flaw I could spot so I'll just include the advice here then.):
1. Pose - That fighting stance is realistic, sure. But It keeps you from having fluid punches because the hands are so close together I can't even tell if he's punching with the right arm or the left. What I'd do is I'd put them away from each other so that the viewer can distinguish which arm I'm using for punching.

Things you did well
1. Choreography is pretty spot on for a beginner so nice job there.
2. You portrayed those jabs correctly with the snaps and such.

Extra comments: I suggest getting into movement arcs. It helped not only my combos, but my overall movements as well to get smoother and stuff.

All in all it's a 3/5 in beginner's standards due to the lack of a background and it's short length but it's redeemed by the surprisingly decent choreography.
Click the Pic for TDD thread. (Credits to Sifter for making my profile, RB, and Sig.)

"Animate to entertain others, lad. That's the point of animation. Some are too blind to see it though
Being big-headed and sucking balls don't go well in pair."
-Flame
EuclidOffline
#NextComboKing2019
#NextComboKing2019

Postby Finom » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:53 pm

Ayy lmao floaty kicks
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

PreviousNext