Pivot Practice: Combos

Animations posted here won't be ranked or affect your skill level.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Pivot Practice: Combos

Postby Hitman » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:26 pm

Kick combo
Spoiler:
RS is kinda dead now huh?,and so am I.

HitmanOffline
Active
Active

Postby Complex » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:11 pm

Starting back with pivot after 8 years and getting off some of that rust. Would love see what I can improve on. Anyways appreciate any cc (thumbsup

Spoiler:
ComplexOffline

Postby Horsie » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:30 pm

Simply combo, form now im going to learn some better moves (thanks to Chriss <3)
HorsieOffline
Fabulous
VIP

Postby Euclid » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:16 am

Hitman wrote:Kick combo
Spoiler:

Hey that's pretty nice. It has some beginner mistakes such as stiffnss, choppiness, stop and go, inconsistent spacing etc. but I won't go talking about those since you'll get rid of them as long as you practice more and read tutorials.

The problem i have here is the lack of power and anticipation on the kicks. You didn't lean the back enough, you didn't take advantage of heavy spacing, you didn't move the origin point on the kick and you didn't exaggerate the attack pose. When doing kicks i suggest using your whole body into the anticipation as it not only adds to the power of the kick, but it also makes it so that the audience can "read" it. the second kick looks very unnatural because you used some foreshortening on what would be a back kick according to the follow through of the attack. If you're gonna use foreshortening that way the follow through should also be foreshortened since the motionpath of the leg will go into a curve. OR if you're gonna do a back kick, you might as well not use any foreshortening at all. The timing of the attacks are also pretty even. I recommend like, adding some variety to the attacks like there are the weak, medium and strong attacks and you'll just have to mix them up. The 3rd kick also lacked power due to the fact that you didn't lean the back and you didn't move the origin point enough. The same problem too with the last axe kick thing. You just compensated for the power by adding a tremor which is a cheap thing to do. The anim would've looked like this:

yeah it doesn't look that great I know. link to the .piv

All in all I like the effort put into this, but you need to practice some more.

Complex wrote:Starting back with pivot after 8 years and getting off some of that rust. Would love see what I can improve on. Anyways appreciate any cc (thumbsup

Spoiler:

Heyy man i like the fullbody there! You're very rusty (like 8 years? Damn.) so it'll take some time to get back into it. There was a lack of heavy spacing which kinda reduces the power of the attacks and the way you spaced those arms adds to it. There was also a lack of anticipation to the jump but the kicks were pretty okay-ish. All in all you did a nice try, the fullbody was pretty cool but yknow, still have to shake off that rust.

Horsie wrote:Image
Simply combo, form now im going to learn some better moves (thanks to Chriss <3)

daamn I really like this one. The base looks pretty good man! The timing was pretty varied and each hit was chained together pretty well.

I don't like how you overused tremors though, like I said, it's a cheap way for power. The first punch lacked power due to the fact that you didn't put your whole body into it. The follow through was pretty good for the most part but I would've moved the non-punching arm differently. Like, I'd foreshorten it so it'll look like it's going to his side which is facing backwards. The 2 kicks looked pretty nice and snappy but it kinda lacked fluidity you should add some more frames into it so it'll look like that the 2 legs crossed eachother. The jump could've also used some anticipation as well and you could've flowed the landing into the anticipation of the last punch so it'll look more powerful.

All in all that was some improvement from your moves Horsie. Keep it up!

Edit:

2 new combos ayyy

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
no seriously who the hell is firecracker? link to .piv
Last edited by Euclid on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click the Pic for TDD thread. (Credits to Sifter for making my profile, RB, and Sig.)

"Animate to entertain others, lad. That's the point of animation. Some are too blind to see it though
Being big-headed and sucking balls don't go well in pair."
-Flame
EuclidOffline
#NextComboKing2019
#NextComboKing2019

Postby Hitman » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:18 pm

Yo TolSKIE could you please send the piv files for those last 2 new combo's
RS is kinda dead now huh?,and so am I.

HitmanOffline
Active
Active

Postby Euclid » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:33 am

Hitman wrote:Yo TolSKIE could you please send the piv files for those last 2 new combo's

Done. Check the post.
Click the Pic for TDD thread. (Credits to Sifter for making my profile, RB, and Sig.)

"Animate to entertain others, lad. That's the point of animation. Some are too blind to see it though
-Flame
EuclidOffline
#NextComboKing2019
#NextComboKing2019

Postby Setto » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:03 am

I don't know abut some of you other guys, but thanks a shit ton for the files man. i think they'll help c:
ShadowLith: 450 frames
Katana guy vs big sword dude: 84 frames
pyro vs setto: i think its like 890 frames or something idfk
SettoOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby -Y- » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:32 pm

-Y-Offline
Regular
Regular

Postby T.01 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:50 pm

T.01Offline

Postby SIFTER » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:13 pm

You know, that's the second time I see this in a different thread. I'm not sure what you're going for with it.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Raymond » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:17 pm

Sifter wrote:You know, that's the second time I see this in a different thread. I'm not sure what you're going for with it.

Woah take it easy there Sifter. Alexis suggested that he post it here since it's a combo.

Alexis wrote:it'd be pretty cool if you posted this on Tol's combo cnc thread.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby SIFTER » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:24 pm

I've misunderstood, then. My apologies.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Gouenji32 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:29 am

Hi ! Decided to make a kick combo since i'm not that good with !
HOLIDAYS MOTHERFUCKER§!!!! :D

Project:

Project started (still thinking about ideas)
Gouenji32Offline
Regular
Regular

Postby XElite109 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:03 am

dammit you made me think i was gonna see some crazy flash animation lol
XElite109Offline
VIP
VIP

Postby Euclid » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:00 am

Nice meme. Also nice job using flash man.

Most of the attacks don't have any power due to the fact that your spacing isn't hard enough and the poses don't look like they release enough power, especially on the attack frames and you compensated by using tremors which is a no-no. Tremors should only be added if the pose also looks powerful so that you can emphasize that moment of attack.

All in all it's pretty simple. You did well on the combinations since they chain well. keep it up!

T.01 wrote:Image

Oh. It's you. Nice name haha.

some of your poses look awkward and stiff like the attack frame of the first kick which you didn't ease the torso at all which look awkward. I appreciate you using your arms through force summation so that the kick can have more power but you didn't anticipate it enough which kinda defeated the purpose. The 2 punches look okay enough I guess. The last kick however lacks more frames especially one frame where he's supposed to make his kicking leg cross his support leg which kinda reduces the fluidity of the kick. Also you didn't ease the torso again which made it look awfully stiff. The timing of the attacks are also pretty even which kinda makes it monotonous and boring. I suggest like, giving more variety to the attacks like uppercuts, elbows, etc. Even the strength of the attacks should be varied so it'll look really interesting. Some quick weak punches here, a strong attack there, some medium attacks, etc.

All in all it's nice. Some practice is needed but yknow. We all need practice haha. Also that style seems familiar. I can't place it. I kinda forgot I guess heh.

Gouenji32 wrote:Hi ! Decided to make a kick combo since i'm not that good with !

This is pretty decent actually. I like how you added anticipation on the first kick.

It has some spacing issues, It probably isn't consistent and stuff. There's also that pose at the end which looks kinda stiff and lack balance. You'd fair better if you put his leg down haha.

You should kinda lean the torso for a little bit so that the kicks will have more power into them. You should also use the arms when you're anticipating for the kick too. The supporting leg shouldn't bend that way and you should like take foreshorten the knee or something.

All in all it has a bit of beginner mistakes, but yknow, you're getting there. Nice.

I'm really really tired sorry if i said something stupid I'll edit it tomorrow if i canheh.

4 combos:

Spoiler:
I

Spoiler:
suck

Spoiler:
at

Spoiler:
combos

-Flame
EuclidOffline
#NextComboKing2019
#NextComboKing2019

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Freestyle