not mine... but...

Animations posted here won't be ranked or affect your skill level.

Moderator: Rank Team

not mine... but...

Postby matterkins » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Yh-MqVDHE

I had an argument with two ignorant brats saying this guy is better than low/med beginner and he wasn't choppy, had flow, extremely shaky and saying it's really good because that's his (a magic word they constantly argued with) STYLE

It's obv not mine but I really want to know what he would be ranked
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Re: not mine... but...

Postby Anton » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:11 am

That's some blunt editing right here, I really think he spent more on sony vegas than on pivot (really
Let's see ... None of the movements are polished, thus the "style" isn't really fleshed out yet.
Easing at some point is completely forgotten, and he can never seem to outwit the shakiness.

Overall, I'd place that at LowMed-Beg, but some parts like 0:58 and 1:34 are slightly better. I'd rather point out where the animator does good stuff so he can rely on that.

I also got picked by someone some days ago (on a message of mine, 1 year ago) when I said that some old YT pivot animation with an easy title with 15 Millions views was pretty much bad quality.

Honestly, I have seen much better quality from pivot animations, much better.
The idea and execution is cool, but the low FPS and lack of animation basics... doesn't make it. It could have been way more believable.

what are you talking about? if this is bad then idk what is even the smallest bit good
it is [so much] better than my animations and ive been animating for over 5 years.

His ignorance made my blood boil, and I realised how much I knew about animation now, thanks to this forum.

StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Return to Pivot Freestyle