How does this look ?

Animations posted here won't be ranked or affect your skill level.

Moderator: Rank Team

Ouch ?

Poll ended at Mon May 22, 2017 10:48 am

Pretty weak tbh
13%
Could be better
25%
Is he okay ?
38%
It's good !
25%

Total votes : 8

How does this look ?

Postby Echo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:48 am

I was trying to make it look like he actually felt pain :)
I actually like it, not sure about the flashing of the bg color tho

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Re: How does this look ?

Postby tuna » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:05 am

why do his thighs disappear at the end lol
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Extra » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:10 pm

he's about to roll around in pain
ExtraOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Postby Jojishi » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:41 pm

That's awesome. The flashing background works well here, in my opinion. The reaction is great and it would have been nice to see more. Perhaps the character goes back up, clutches his knee and pants heavily. Very nice though!
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Echo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:05 pm

Jojishi wrote:That's awesome. The flashing background works well here, in my opinion. The reaction is great and it would have been nice to see more. Perhaps the character goes back up, clutches his knee and pants heavily. Very nice though!

This is great, I'll try doing my next animation better. I am trying to connect bouncy movement and good reactions together, I don't think I'm close to what I want but I'm getting closer for sure thanks to all of the feed back I've been getting, I take feedback very seriously.

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Postby elixir » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:09 pm

the flashing and double framing is a bit much
elixirOffline
VIP

Postby Raymond » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:07 pm

Jojishi wrote:Perhaps the character goes back up, clutches his knee and pants heavily.

When I read this all I could think of was this.

The flip was really nice. It was executed so well that it's hard to believe he messed up that landing.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Lush » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:00 pm

Tuna wrote:why do his thighs disappear at the end lol

Cause he rolls away from the viewer which I thought was executed perfectly. Would have been nice to see a more realistic run and flip (with blocking and what not rather, than off 1 foot) to match the nice reaction but I suppose it's your style.
The Team | Forum Rules | Pivot | Flash | PM
Add me on Skype: Rez.dd
LushOffline
Former Top Dawg
Honorary

Postby tuna » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:14 am

Lush wrote:

Cause he rolls away from the viewer which I thought was executed perfectly. Would have been nice to see a more realistic run and flip (with blocking and what not rather, than off 1 foot) to match the nice reaction but I suppose it's your style.

yea but nah because the top half of his body doesnt roll over. to me is just looks like they shrink for no reason
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Lush » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:47 pm

Tuna wrote:
Lush wrote:

yea but nah because the top half of his body doesnt roll over. to me is just looks like they shrink for no reason

How would you show a stick man's torso rotating? I think he was on his way to showing with his arms but the animation cut short.
The Team | Forum Rules | Pivot | Flash | PM
Add me on Skype: Rez.dd
LushOffline
Former Top Dawg
Honorary

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:55 pm

Pretty weak tbh.
Since theres no facial expressions, and everyone does injuries in their animations, i wouldnt be afraid to exaggerate it.

Jackie Chan in pain:
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

In the video the half-second the pain hits, he reacts fast, then slow for the after pain.
Make the stick jolt with pain and then slow movements for when he is dealing with the aftereffects of the initial hit.

If the stickman made a sound when he got hit, you got him to say something on the lines of "owwwww". But if you really want it to sell as pain, get it to "OOH F*CKING SH*T OFUUUUUU"

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby tuna » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:02 am

Lush wrote:
Tuna wrote:
Lush wrote:

How would you show a stick man's torso rotating? I think he was on his way to showing with his arms but the animation cut short.

i agree, it is difficult. giving the figure hips and shoulders, and making the floor an actual 3D plane instead of using the bottom of the canvas, those things would help give the animation and figure depth. as a rule, if the action you've animated doesnt look right, then dont use it. i know, logically, that he is rolling over, but it doesnt really look like he is.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Return to Pivot Freestyle