Landing

Animations posted here won't be ranked or affect your skill level.

Moderator: Rank Team

Landing

Postby Jojishi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:30 pm

My first serious animation after a 1 year hiatus.

In case anyone's wondering what happened, I severely injured my back last year. It's not that I haven't wanted to animate, instead, I haven't been able to. When trying I would get severe pain and twitching in my index finger and thumb (which sorta makes it hard to animate) and I still do if I'm not careful. I animated this using a tablet and kneeling at my desk. Sitting and using a mouse seems to be no bueno.

Physics are a bit floaty, but whatever. I just wanted to animate something again.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Re: Landing

Postby Raymond » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:20 pm

It's good to see you animating again Jojishi. Like you said the animation is kinda floaty, but it's nice and smooth. I'm sorry to hear about your back, I hope it gets better.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:53 am

How did you injure your back dude? Thats rough.

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Ray » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:03 am

Whatever the cause of your back pain I'm glad it's well enough for you to animate and hope you continue to recover. And this animation was nice
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby tuna » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:49 am

get better soon dude, sounds painful

i dont like the poses, particularly the fact that his knee is always so much further forward than his foot when he's walking, it looks p unnatural. i like the spacing though and its good to see you animating again
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Vito » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:22 am

That was pretty good I think, it looks smooth but floaty kinda way (just like what you've said). The poses looks good to me. Hope you get better dude, keep it up!
. (scared .
VitoOffline
VIP

Postby Gary » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:31 am

I can relate to the twitching, it's pretty difficult to animate with it (thanks tourettes). Anyways, neat to see you back again animating dude.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Jojishi » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:27 pm

ZucchiniJuice wrote:How did you injure your back dude? Thats rough.

Cable crunches, which are crunches with a resistance cable... Crunches are bad for the back as it is, but these are far worse. I never felt it working my abs either, so then I read this wonderful advice on the internet to flex my back - this was a major mistake. Additionally, I was too close to the machine so when I came back up, I got pulled backwards in a twisting motion. For the first few days I couldn't breathe without pain. A few months later it got better and I was able to animate the ending to the Veterans Joint 2, but then I hurt my back again cleaning my chair.

This year it still wasn't getting better, so I started seeing a physiotherapist in April. This has helped a lot strengthening my back and correcting my posture, but certain movements like having my right shoulder raised or rolled forward still cause pain (twitching if it's severe) so I need to take care. I got a kneeling stool recently, so using that and my tablet seems to be helping a great deal.

Thanks for the support though guys. I never talked about it because I didn't want to bog anyone down with this stuff, but you guys caring about this made me feel a lot better. (thumbsup

Tuna wrote:i dont like the poses, particularly the fact that his knee is always so much further forward than his foot when he's walking, it looks p unnatural. i like the spacing though and its good to see you animating again

Wow I only just noticed how the foot's behind the knee. That probably doesn't help the floaty physics issue much haha. Thanks for pointing that out.

Gary wrote:I can relate to the twitching, it's pretty difficult to animate with it (thanks tourettes). Anyways, neat to see you back again animating dude.

Sorry to hear about that man. It can definitely make precise movements a challenge.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'll try to animate more, but no promises at this stage. :p
JojishiOffline
Retired

Return to Pivot Freestyle