Lil Combo

Animations posted here won't be ranked or affect your skill level.

Moderator: Rank Team

Lil Combo

Postby PG da boi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:53 pm

PG da boiOffline
Active
Active

Re: Lil Combo

Postby tuna » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:26 pm

the first punch is cool, the next two kicks are okay, everything after frame 30 is garbo. the kick at frame 37 is powerless because the pose is stupid. lean his torso back when he kicks so that it is balanced. also, there is 0 anticipation before the kick, he just swings his leg into it. you need to prepare the impact pose with an anticipation pose. its not optional

everything after frame 40 looks like you stopped trying. all timing goes straight out the window, the poses are like 2/10 and you just covered all your moves up with effects. im putting that down to lack of effort tho because you went from just about high beginner to low beginner in about 20 frames.

anyway i did a little edit on your last kick and punch. i didnt even realise there was an attempted punch until i looked at the frames. bruh. you have to anticipate every single punch and kick.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/252509399833247756/370653198106624010/A_guy_punching_the_air.piv

please take note that he leans back into the kick for balance, and that before he punches, his arm is in anticipation for a got 3-4 frames. and he leans into the punch. use the whole body to get power and make sure you allow enough time for anticipation before each action

good luck

edit: after looking a little harder, you might not have been attempting a punch at all. either way, take my point.

edit 2: oh and stop using CTRL to shorten his limbs constantly. you're clearly using it to cover up spacing errors caused by your wacky poses.
if your poses and arcs are good, you wont need it. only use CTRL shorten when you're absolutely certain you need to
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby PG da boi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:24 pm

tuna wrote:the first punch is cool, the next two kicks are okay, everything after frame 30 is garbo. the kick at frame 37 is powerless because the pose is stupid. lean his torso back when he kicks so that it is balanced. also, there is 0 anticipation before the kick, he just swings his leg into it. you need to prepare the impact pose with an anticipation pose. its not optional

everything after frame 40 looks like you stopped trying. all timing goes straight out the window, the poses are like 2/10 and you just covered all your moves up with effects. im putting that down to lack of effort tho because you went from just about high beginner to low beginner in about 20 frames.

anyway i did a little edit on your last kick and punch. i didnt even realise there was an attempted punch until i looked at the frames. bruh. you have to anticipate every single punch and kick.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/252509399833247756/370653198106624010/A_guy_punching_the_air.piv

please take note that he leans back into the kick for balance, and that before he punches, his arm is in anticipation for a got 3-4 frames. and he leans into the punch. use the whole body to get power and make sure you allow enough time for anticipation before each action

good luck

edit: after looking a little harder, you might not have been attempting a punch at all. either way, take my point.

edit 2: oh and stop using CTRL to shorten his limbs constantly. you're clearly using it to cover up spacing errors caused by your wacky poses.
if your poses and arcs are good, you wont need it. only use CTRL shorten when you're absolutely certain you need to

Thank you. i knew that the kick did not look good but i always forget the anticipation xD i will try to improve those parts...

i tried to improve it, it does not look much better, but i improve a little. the final pose did not suit me very well but... meh
PG da boiOffline
Active
Active

Postby tuna » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:50 pm

yea it looks much better. still lots to improve though! just keep animating and practising and you'll get better
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Return to Pivot Freestyle