shorts craps

Animations posted here won't be ranked or affect your skill level.

Moderator: Rank Team

shorts craps

Postby cheddarjalapeno » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:01 am

really wanted to make a good gun range thing but ended up doing this instead.
and made this before work.
i feel like crap about these but its setting up for something cool i can feel it.
cheddarjalapenoOffline
Active
Active

Help!

Postby cheddarjalapeno » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:32 pm

Okay, I didn't know where to put this but I am working on a massive project and my pivot 4 is really slow and laggy because i have a massive labrynth stk and its near impossible to animate anything due to the lag. I went into task manager and set pivot as high priority and that barely did anything. So does anyone know what I can do to increase performance? is it the limits of the program or my pc?
cheddarjalapenoOffline
Active
Active

Re: shorts craps

Postby TθPS » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:21 pm

Seems massive, you should ask in help & feedback section
When my piv gets to laggy to do anything with it, i usually start another fresh file to continue the animation and making the animation as some parts files and compile them later.(its going to be harder to export if its laggy on the piv. File itself)
The main thing that cause lag in pivot is p much sprites, too many segments, and opacity. Combining any of those is a nightmare, so if you are using sprites, try to remake it in pivot, if you are using alot of segments, try to make it more simple and reduce it, if you are using a lot of oppacity you can fiddle around with the colors instead. Another trick is if the background that has alot of stuff in it, you can just export it as an png file first, then use it as a sprite or background later.
However if you are looking a way to speed up or increase the performance of the pivot itself, i dont know any way to fix that, the only thing that helps me now is making everything in pivot, hope this helps in a way, cheers.
TθPSOffline
­Tthetaops
­Tthetaops

Re: shorts craps

Postby tuna » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:54 am

sprites and opacity eat up resources. you're probably low on RAM if youre lagging
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Return to Pivot Freestyle