Walk loop help wanted

Animations posted here won't be ranked or affect your skill level.

Moderator: Rank Team

Walk loop help wanted

Postby cheddarjalapeno » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:07 am

So my old computer with all my pivot stuff blew up so I just got another. I'm making my run/walk loops and I realized I suck.
Here's the evolution of my run loops:
I'm pretty satisfied with the second one.
Here's my walk loop (I had a good one on my old pc, you may have seen it in my failed animation with the lizard men):
So I was just wondering how I can make a smooth and overall good walk loop? Any help would be most appreciated.
cheddarjalapenoOffline
Active
Active

Re: Walk loop help wanted

Postby Jack » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:35 pm

I would recommend moving the origin node. It adds a whole new level of dynamic-ness to your loop.
Also, pay attention to your line of action. A running character is more likely to lean his back forward, and that helps add to the expression of speed. I'd recommend reading this tutorial to learn about line of action.
JackOffline
リラックス
リラックス

Re: Walk loop help wanted

Postby cheddarjalapeno » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:15 am

I don't move the origin node when I make the next frame to keep it in one place for whatever reason. I move it in between frames to check the bob of the head. Also I watched people in real life running and their back are only slightly forward, Its true though, I've seen animation with the dramatic lean forward and it looks more powerful but I was going for just a basic running/jogging loop at 6 frames. I'll check out the tut regardless. What I really need help with is the walk loop. I cant make it look good. Thanks.
cheddarjalapenoOffline
Active
Active

Return to Pivot Freestyle