Had so much Fun to make this

Animations posted here won't be ranked or affect your skill level.

Moderator: Rank Team

Had so much Fun to make this

Postby Amir » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:10 am

I know you guys don't like DBZ that much, but I had so much fun to make that, and it's my first DBZ animation on DD, gonna thread it after I'm done. I tried to make it the most original I could, and I haven't done yet.

AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Re: Had so much Fun to make this

Postby SIFTER » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:32 am

I personally detest DBZ animations only because of youtube fags who spam unoriginal poorly made animations all over the place with an attitude. Though, I did like yours, it kinda had good effects, but some poses need to get fixed as well as some small problems about spacing. When Teen Gohan's being maintained in mid air, his segments should have moved slower, and by slower i mean slower than a pixel to keep the same position without reaching an awkward situation where he'd seem as if he doesn't have a skeleton. When Goku kicked broly upwards, his other leg should have repositioned to make things look better, and it also gives it more range. Some movements didn't flow good, so you may want to fix that. Otherwise, regarding the stiffness, it's good nonetheless.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Amir » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:44 am

Thanks man!
The only thing I don't quite understand is where movements didn't flow good?
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Postby SIFTER » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:00 pm

Take for example the 1st punch right after the kaioken boost (is that how you call it?), the movements were stop and go-ish which killed the flow.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby The Specter » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:24 pm

The only part that I didnt really like was hen gohan went SSJ1, his movements afterwards seemed kinda weird.
The SpecterOffline
Ghostly
Investor

dbzish

Postby Ussay » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:56 pm

I don't like dbz animations either, but this one is pretty cool if it's your first one man, nice job (Y)
UssayOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Kirin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:33 pm

Man ... D: Mine is gonna be the best ... B-)

jk But those reactions are really over exaggerated

Thread
KirinOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Jojishi » Thu May 01, 2014 2:26 am

This was actually pretty cool. It was just a bit hard to tell what was going on. Some scenes, specifically the first scene, needed to be slowed down a little. Parts felt random and fast, which is probably the biggest reason people think DBZ is lazy.

It got really awesome when Goku went Kaioken though. The zoomed out shot where he smashed Broly around was nice. And I really liked how Broly did that nice recovery move after being smashed around. It flowed so nicely and just had a great smoothness to it.

But yeah, nice job other than being a bit random and fast at the start.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby The Black Mamba » Thu May 01, 2014 3:08 am

This is nice man. I think it's original you used kaioken in the animation, not a lot of people do that, so that kind of sets this one apart from the others. As for the movements they were too awkward for me, same with the poses. Random too, When Goku picked Gohan up and put him down away from Broly that was funny. It was nice, but maybe later on in the animation you could up the tempo and fix the poses so they don't look so weird. Keep it up.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby Amir » Thu May 01, 2014 3:47 am

Thanks TBM, but what's wrong with the poses?
I don't know where is it and I want to fix them.
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Postby The Black Mamba » Thu May 01, 2014 4:00 am

This one in particular was very strange to me. Maybe instead of a kick, he could of punched Broly, since he was coming from a low angle. Also, when Gohan transforms, it looks like his arms are bouncing off his body after he lowers them. That was kind of weird too. The rest is good man, just avoid putting yourself in situations where you have to use a weird or awkward pose. This part is good and I hope the rest of this turns out good.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby Amir » Thu May 01, 2014 4:21 am

The Black Mamba wrote:Image

This one in particular was very strange to me. Maybe instead of a kick, he could of punched Broly, since he was coming from a low angle. Also, when Gohan transforms, it looks like his arms are bouncing off his body after he lowers them. That was kind of weird too. The rest is good man, just avoid putting yourself in situations where you have to use a weird or awkward pose. This part is good and I hope the rest of this turns out good.

Understood, thanks.
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Return to Pivot Freestyle