DD History

Site related issues and site feedback regarding DarkDemon.

Re: DD History

Postby Jon » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:34 am

Daniël wrote:
Bukkake Mage wrote:
Daniël wrote:I honestly don't see how making buttons or even re-creating DD MyFiles are much of an historic move.

Which is what the person that made the buttons and recreated MyFiles have said.

Just because it's been said before, doesn't mean it can't be said again.

This ^ it's still up on the original page.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Raymond » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:45 pm

You guys do realize there have only been a few people who mentioned names for this thread. You are more than welcome to suggest names yourself. The people I mentioned have done more than just create buttons for the forum or re-make cool features like MyFiles. Hell if it wasn't for Bladez spending most of his free time on this place then you guys wouldn't even be posting here. Not to mention all the donation money that we've generated through MyFiles and VIP purchases. If it wasn't for the people who made those features we wouldn't even have the money to keep this place running. And in my opinion that deserves recognition.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Jon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:23 am

Raymond wrote:You guys do realize there have only been a few people who mentioned names for this thread. You are more than welcome to suggest names yourself. The people I mentioned have done more than just create buttons for the forum or re-make cool features like MyFiles. Hell if it wasn't for Bladez spending most of his free time on this place then you guys wouldn't even be posting here. Not to mention all the donation money that we've generated through MyFiles and VIP purchases. If it wasn't for the people who made those features we wouldn't even have the money to keep this place running. And in my opinion that deserves recognition.

Mate, if you go ahead and read all the posts, you will know that I did name more than a few people that deserve to be mentioned. But I'll quote it so you don't miss it this time.

Jon wrote:You need to add the big animators (Olix Flix, OblivionFall, Atok, Vermillion, Nice Pants, literally so many). Sharpshooter deserves a mention, he did so much fucking shit for the old DD that no one really gave him credit for. Same with Schmitty, Frazer (Slashed), Damon, Faded, Skype. There's a massive list.

Also, if it wasn't for the people I mentioned, and those who aided the REAL forum, this community wouldn't even be together, I wouldn't know any of you, and you wouldn't know each other (more than likely). Sure, the people you mentioned deserve recognition, but I mean, you have to give respect to those who actually created the forum in the first place.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Raymond » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:10 pm

Ok, you're right Jon. So how about you give us a quick run down on each of these people and why they deserve respect so that Tuna can throw it on the front page. That is probably why he hasn't yet, because all you did was mention names and not what each person has done.

I'm not making jabs at you Jon. There are a lot of people who contributed to this community in the 10 years it has been around. It's hard to remember every single person and not forget a single name. Which is why this thread will take some time to make even with everyone pitching in.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Daniël » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:46 pm

Do we really need a thread like this though? We had a thread with a small rundown of DarkDemon history, which I feel more than suffices.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Raymond » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:18 pm

http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=803&hilit=history
^Daniel found the link^

I actually don't remember Coweetie making this thread, but it's sufficient enough. I'll lock this thread. I know people deserve recognition, but if we really listed off every person, including animators who have made a significant impact on this place, this thread would be longer than the Annie May & Mango thread. Which is saying a lot.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Previous

Return to Help & Site Feedback