DD History

Site related issues and site feedback regarding DarkDemon.

Re: DD History

Postby SIFTER » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:54 am

Don't forget tenks.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Raymond » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:41 pm

Juke wrote:If I'm even considered to be up here that's pretty cool. However Raymond played a huge part in creating this site also, I don't think some of you realize that. Also our friend Bladez (who is currently our techy guy behind the scenes) helped us out immensely.

Thanks for pointing this out Juke. A lot of people are assuming it was only you who worked on this site and it's not fair to the people who spent their free time helping to shape this place into what it is.

Juke: Originally started this site by re-coloring and re-shaping the we_clearblue theme that we currently use in phpBB. He also re-colored the CometChat system so that it matched our site's colors. And not to mention all the discussion me and him had towards the development of this place.
Tenks: Created the VIP Panel where people can customize their rank and upload their own rank bars.
Minifrij: Created MyFiles and MyFiles+.
Mitch: Created the Forum Icons and Buttons that you see when viewing the forum or replying to threads/private messages.
Nice Pants: Helped clean up the coding of the site so everything looked in place and aligned. He also created the smilies and default rank bars for the forum.
Donators: Maintaining a website costs a lot of money, money we wouldn't have without the help of those who donated.
Bladez: Found an awesome deal on a hosting plan for us. Setup the server on which our site is being hosted multiple times. Also integrated CometChat into the site and worked on removing all the bugs it had. He also made the Youtube module for CometChat. And generally has just been the guy who does all the behind the scenes work that people are unaware of.

There are probably people I forgot to mention and things I forgot to mention about specific people, but there are so many of you who helped shape this site into what it is now that it's hard for me to remember everyone. This is more so recent history that involves the people who worked on TheDarkDemon.com. Most of the things that happened before this site have a different story with different people that a lot of you already mentioned so I won't bring that up again, but I felt like it should be known that this is a community site. The community not only created the content here, but also helped shaped the site. It wasn't just one person.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Josh » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:47 pm

Raymond wrote:Minifrij: Created MyFiles and MyFiles+.

Don't add me to the list, my shitty coding isn't good enough to matter.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby TheRavenHouse » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:50 pm

Bukkake Mage wrote:
Raymond wrote:Minifrij: Created MyFiles and MyFiles+.

Don't add me to the list, my shitty coding isn't good enough to matter.

And Bert's animations suck now. Still important.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby tuna » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:50 pm

fucking hell this is hard work e_e. i've added a load more stuff, took about an hour and a bit. could someone link and/or tell me a bit about tyrants wrath, and tell me about the toast collab?
this is still all a WIP

edit: added tyrants wrath
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Raymond » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:29 pm

The third link under the Blood Collab Series is messed up. I would fix it for you, but I'm not sure what you were going for with that link. There's a bunch of random letters "oMjblkzG0" you added which would be what shows up for people to click on. Normally you would type out "Blood Collab 3" in that spot, but those random letters are confusing me. So you might want to fix that.

You may also want to divide this thread into different sections for when there were different owners or something. You added all the info I suggested above, but that only pertains towards TheDarkDemon.com, not Animator.net or the original DarkDemon.org. Different people made MyFiles/VIP for those sites. Idk, just figured separating it would probably be a better idea. Thanks for taking the time to do this Tuna, it gives our new users some background on how this place formed.

Also Minifrij, regardless of if you think it's terrible coding you still created it. You deserve the recognition for it. :P
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby tuna » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:43 pm

Raymond wrote:The third link under the Blood Collab Series is messed up. I would fix it for you, but I'm not sure what you were going for with that link. There's a bunch of random letters "oMjblkzG0" you added which would be what shows up for people to click on. Normally you would type out "Blood Collab 3" in that spot, but those random letters are confusing me. So you might want to fix that.

fixed that, thanks :)

Raymond wrote:You may also want to divide this thread into different sections for when there were different owners or something. You added all the info I suggested above, but that only pertains towards TheDarkDemon.com, not Animator.net or the original DarkDemon.org. Different people made MyFiles/VIP for those sites. Idk, just figured separating it would probably be a better idea. Thanks for taking the time to do this Tuna, it gives our new users some background on how this place formed.

sounds like a good idea man, i'll make the different sections tomorrow maybe
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby OblivionFall » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:19 am

It's okay, but I'm pretty sure Adam sold the site in 2011. Here's some stuff I had written down from a while back (also includes Adam and Chimaera's original posts when they each resigned)

I also included all of the DarkDemon Podcasts since they were something I used to enjoy listening to ALL the fucking time back in the day.

Spoiler:
Adam Joins (Nov 8th 2004)

Minicast 1 (June 2nd 2009)
Minicast 2 (June 3rd 2009)
Minicast 3 (June 11th 2009)
Minicast 4 (June 16th 2009)

DDPodcast 1 (June 1st 2009)
DDPodcast 2 (June 5th 2009)
DDPodcast 3 (June 13th 2009)
DDPodcast 4 (June 16th 2009)
DDPodcast 5 (June 27th 2009)
DDPodcast 6 (July 19th 2009)
DDPodcast 7 (July 24th 2009)

DDPodcast 8 (June 13th 2010)
DDPodcast 9 (June 22nd 2010)
DDPodcast 10 (Date unknown)

Adam Resigns (June 16th 2011)

DDPodcast Reboot 1 (31st Jan, 2012)
DDPodcast Reboot 2 (2nd Apr, 2012)

Demoncast 1 (16th Aug, 2012)
Demoncast 2 (26th Sep, 2012) - Recorded in August
Demoncast 3 (26th Sep, 2012) - Recorded in August
Demoncast 4 (30th Oct, 2012)
Demoncast 5 (27th Dec, 2012)

Elliot Resigns (May 20th 2013)

TDDPodcast 1 (June 30th 2014)
TDDPodcast 2 (July 11th 2014)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[Notable Comments]

Spoiler:
(16th Jun, 2011)

[Adam] I've retired, welcome mollila as the new webmaster

Hello all,

After exploring a series of options my position on the site was made available via a sale. The goal of this process was to find someone who could take the forum forward with greater aspirations for the site. I am happy to announce the new owner of the site, mollila. I am sure mollila will continue to expand the site, and maintain the thriving community with our excellent team of staff.

I will be providing technical assistance and guidance for mollila for his new transition here. My position is now an advisory role while I continue on with my other commitments; I thank all of you once again for playing apart in this community whilst I have been webmaster.

To note that darkdemon.org, darkdemon.us, and ddcollab.com infrastructure in terms of hosting and high level control will now managed by mollila. This will allow me to complete my retirement from the site from a high level whilst still providing some advice and input along the way. I shall remain within an admin role.

To conclude please give mollila a warm welcome to the community as everything will be rather alien at the moment, but I’m sure everyone will get accustomed in time.

Thanks again!
Adam

(20th May, 2013)

[Elliot] My Resignation
Hi DarkDemon, as you can gauge from the title, I am announcing my resignation from the forum.

After the sale of the site to new Administrator and owner DarkApple, I've decided to give myself a bit of a rest; now that I've handed over ownership I will no longer be running the forum.

I cannot express in words how immeasurably proud I am of each member of this site and the community that I have watched grow over the past 7 years, nothing I can say would describe how impressed am I with the skill and spirit demonstrated by you guys; and I certainly can't overstate how important this website has become to me.

So it is with a heavy heart that I leave, this site is a family. In a way it's my family, and that makes it that much harder. For the regular members, you have my thanks, your excellent abilities in animation have kept me occupied long after I thought it was possible to be entertained by the moving image.

To the premium members, those who have bought VIP, MyFiles or Investor upgrades, or to anyone who has donated to the site in the past, thank you as well; whilst I have profited nicely from DarkDemon, your expression of gratitude and confidence mean far more to me than any amount of money.

And finally to the Staff members, those who volunteer their free time endlessly to help maintain both the community and aid me in whatever crazy scheme I was enacting, you have my deepest gratitude, I have never worked with such an unparalleled team of hardworking individuals. Thank you so much for both your time and effort, you all did a superb job.

And that's it, the end. Whilst I may no longer be here (And let's face it, I'll pop back) it's important to recognise that the end for one is the beginning for another, Neon has some great plans for the community and I wish him and you guys the best of luck, but it's a journey I won't be joining you on.

It would be apt for me to end on a kind of pun, but I've rambled long enough, I won't /stick/ around!
And that's it, the end. Whilst I may no longer be here (And let's face it, I'll pop back) it's important to recognise that the end for one is the beginning for another, Neon has some great plans for the community and I wish him and you guys the best of luck, but it's a journey I won't be joining you on.

It would be apt for me to end on a kind of pun, but I've rambled long enough, I won't /stick/ around!
OblivionFallOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Mitch » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:35 am

yeah dont add me either most of the buttons are just Hue changes on the defaults.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby tenks » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:12 pm

you made the big tutorial tho man, you're a great guy you should be on the list mitch
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花

Postby Lush » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:17 pm

Bukkake Mage wrote:peterbone maybe, since he created Pivot and this forum wouldn't exist without it.
Slashed could be added as I believe he was the longest serving staff member on old DD (2004/5 - 2013-4).
Raymond and Lush should probably be mentioned as the people that took over as admin.
Juke for making thedarkdemon.

I'm absolutely stunned Raymond's name is not up there. The thousands of bots and posts we had to manually delete/approve after DA left us was actually fucked. Plus the whole running shit, organizing events and what not during chaotic times with only moderator powers.
The Team | Forum Rules | Pivot | Flash | PM
Add me on Skype: Rez.dd
LushOffline
Former Top Dawg
Honorary

Postby tuna » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:19 pm

oops shit sorry, i thought i had added him.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:00 am

Because of me the avatar dimensions changed from 95px² to 100px², I'm pretty sure that qualifies me for the list.

For real though, don't see much of a point in this thread, a lot of people on there seem to not really deserve a 'historic' place, while you leave out people like Stickid, Lithium, Crono, Skype and a shitton of others. The only thing you put on there now, are some people who worked on the site-coding and shit, which says very little about actually creating history. I honestly don't see how making buttons or even re-creating DD MyFiles are much of an historic move.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Josh » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:55 pm

Daniël wrote:I honestly don't see how making buttons or even re-creating DD MyFiles are much of an historic move.

Which is what the person that made the buttons and recreated MyFiles have said.

Still, the thread is being worked on. Give it some time and list some of their contributions and I'm sure that it will get better.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Daniël » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:10 pm

Bukkake Mage wrote:
Daniël wrote:I honestly don't see how making buttons or even re-creating DD MyFiles are much of an historic move.

Which is what the person that made the buttons and recreated MyFiles have said.

Just because it's been said before, doesn't mean it can't be said again.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Site Feedback