I feel like this should be more heavily considered

Site related issues and site feedback regarding DarkDemon.

Re: I feel like this should be more heavily considered

Postby Mitch » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:36 pm

I think the navbar and forum title backgrounds should be changed to match kody's as well.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Mat » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:37 pm

I agree, I like it much more than the gap.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Mitch » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:27 pm

The 1 pixel lines that divide the options would probably make the navbars a little more organised.
Also the colors should match Kody's images.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:53 pm

Peebles wrote:
Slushie wrote:*puts nice pants as webdev*

*disregards webdev contributions*

more like WeebDev.

Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Skype » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:26 am

We should rename the site "Artangle".

OBVIOUS PLAGIARISM ASIDE, there are a few more tweaks that need to be done.

The border round the posts drop down 1) looks shit, and 2) the whole things z-index is off making some elements appear over it.

Since there are no longer any other rounded elements, I suggest post boxes have the border-radius removed. Mixing rounded and non rounded is usually a bad idea. If you want to keep the rounded corners I advise rounding some other key elements such as the top corners of the navigation box and the buttons (site wide).

Edit: font sizes seem to have shrunk too- posts are looking very cramped with all the details and choice of fonts. I'd either increase the font size or increase the spacing between info elements/post titles/etc.

Edit2:

Spacing is off on the right hand side. The top bar also has different padding values to the board index nav bar. Would look better if they were uniform.

Edit3: having navigated around the site more pretty much ALL the font sizes are really inconsistent. Headings that should be larger are really small and it makes navigating through the site look odd.
emmastonewhywontyouloveme
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby Elliott » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:35 am

Skype wrote:Edit: font sizes seem to have shrunk too- posts are looking very cramped with all the details and choice of fonts. I'd either increase the font size or increase the spacing between info elements/post titles/etc.

Agreed!

ElliottOffline
Honorary

Postby Mitch » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:37 am

Definitely big time on board with removing the leftover rounded edges. Kody was probably planning on doing that anyway.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Jon » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:38 am

Love the Zoolander reference.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Juke » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:50 am

I liked the way the container was rounder and seperated off the navbar, something different to ArtAngle, I disagreed to changing it but they went ahead. I'm dissapointed really. This change has caused more problems and errors than there was in the first place.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Mitch » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:51 am

Lol what's Artangle?
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Skype » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:06 am

Juke wrote:I liked the way the container was rounder and seperated off the navbar, something different to ArtAngle, I disagreed to changing it but they went ahead. I'm dissapointed really. This change has caused more problems and errors than there was in the first place.

These changes were extremely beneficial aesthetically, if they've caused more issues then they've been done wrong.

Edit; Also noticed some posts are color #333 and others are #000 . Haven't figured out what's causing it but it looks v odd. I think it's when you first submit a post. Don't have time to debug!

Edit2: got it, it is when you make a post and that post is highlighted. ie: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=375&p=7637#p7637 my post is now in black.
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby Raymond » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:23 pm

I guess it does look a little like ArtAngle, but I do like how refined it looks now. Like I mentioned before the font is a bit small, and I would really like to see the separating lines for each of the choices on the navigation bar. Other than that I don't have many complaints. Good job Nice Pants!
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Juke » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:27 pm

All differences to Artangle are pretty much gone.. Apart from the banner and colour.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Raymond » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:32 pm

Juke wrote:All differences to Artangle are pretty much gone.. Apart from the banner and colour.

While I agree the forum looks a lot like artangle now, it's not identical. Artangle has an entirely different colour scheme. They are still using the default node icons, and they're navigation bars don't take up the entire width of the page. We are also still in the process of making changes, so it probably won't always look like this. Keep in mind that we are both using phpbb though, so the layout will resemble each other.

If Krustalien has a problem with how closely our forums match, then I would hope he would tell us this. So we can make changes. I do see Krust browsing the place lately.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Skype » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Using phpbb is not an excuse.
SkypeOffline
Retired

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Site Feedback