Suggestions

Site related issues and site feedback regarding DarkDemon.

Re: Suggestions

Postby Daniël » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:42 pm

I'd like to point out that just because it has the name spam in it, it doesn't mean you actually have to go around and start spamming there. Spam pit is more of a place to put forum games and very simple threads in, that are just too brainless for General Talk.

This does not mean however that you actually have the right to spam. It's just a more suitable place for things like the nicknaming and rating thread.
DaniëlOffline
the
the
User avatar
 
Posts: 2511
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:04 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Suggestions

Postby TheRavenHouse » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:46 pm

Who gives a fuck?

Me and clearly also others.
Image
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid
User avatar
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 6:14 pm

Re: Suggestions

Postby Anton » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:48 pm

I do care. There are more suitable places for shitposting.
My sword shop | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
Image
Spoiler:
I've deactivated sigs, because of the bandwidth consuption :|
Last year on the school stuff
AntonOffline
Visiteur
Visiteur
User avatar
 
Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:39 pm
Location: fr

Re: Suggestions

Postby Waters » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:55 pm

Anton wrote:I'm against the term "spam" anyway, i'd rather rename that section as "tavern".

That's stupid.


Rename it Forum games than if that's what it's meant.
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
Image
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects
User avatar
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Re: Suggestions

Postby Aron » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:04 pm

Waters wrote:
Anton wrote:I'm against the term "spam" anyway, i'd rather rename that section as "tavern".

That's stupid.


Rename it Forum games than if that's what it's meant.

I think we should add "not a place for shitposting or spamming" to the description.
AronOffline
back, bitches
back, bitches
User avatar
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:58 am
Location: Connecticut

Re: Suggestions

Postby Waters » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:15 pm

Or just change the name to something more fitting

"Not a place for spamming"
titled as "SPAM SECTION"


See what I mean
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
Image
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects
User avatar
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Re: Suggestions

Postby Jon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:51 pm

Waters wrote:Or just change the name to something more fitting

"Not a place for spamming"
titled as "SPAM SECTION"


See what I mean


You're nitpicking the name of a subforum? Lol shut the fuck up, stop being so overscrupulous. It's been called spam pit for as long as I've been on the site. It doesn't need to be change because some members take the name for its full literal meaning. Like Daniel said, it's not for actual spam of nonsensical bullshit, it's a subforum for threads that really have no other place to go. Spam Pit is a perfectly viable name for it.

I don't want to see this place turn into the shithole that is PA. That place is a cesspool of stupidity.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired
User avatar
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:25 am

Re: Suggestions

Postby TheRavenHouse » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:34 am

Can someone explain to me why y'all give a fuck? Like, I have no opinion on this because I literally cannot fathom why it matters, so weighing pros and cons is impossible. What's wrong with the spam pit? What's wrong with changing it's name? What's wrong with getting rid of it entirely? Leave it be, change the name, or get rid of it, what are any of those supposed to do to address the "problem" of shitposting? Cause that's on the userbase in my eyes at least.
Image
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid
User avatar
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 6:14 pm

Re: Suggestions

Postby Grams » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:02 am

TheRavenHouse wrote:Can someone explain to me why y'all give a fuck? Like, I have no opinion on this because I literally cannot fathom why it matters, so weighing pros and cons is impossible. What's wrong with the spam pit? What's wrong with changing it's name? What's wrong with getting rid of it entirely? Leave it be, change the name, or get rid of it, what are any of those supposed to do to address the "problem" of shitposting? Cause that's on the userbase in my eyes at least.

Because one of the few things that separates us from some of the other forums is the fact that we're not a massive cesspool of cancer. The argument is whether or not the name/rules of the section should be changed and how it might deter/encourage shitposting in other areas of the forum. A lot of it is user-based like you said; however these other factors surely play in. I feel like I'm explaining what you already know, but that's essentially the discussion.
Steam || Thread || MAL
Image
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide
User avatar
 
Posts: 1316
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Here?

Re: Suggestions

Postby Jon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:11 am

TheRavenHouse wrote:Can someone explain to me why y'all give a fuck? Like, I have no opinion on this because I literally cannot fathom why it matters, so weighing pros and cons is impossible. What's wrong with the spam pit? What's wrong with changing it's name? What's wrong with getting rid of it entirely? Leave it be, change the name, or get rid of it, what are any of those supposed to do to address the "problem" of shitposting? Cause that's on the userbase in my eyes at least.


I give a fuck because I don't want this to go down the inevitable road as quickly as it seems to be going.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired
User avatar
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:25 am

Re: Suggestions

Postby Mat » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:10 am

Jon wrote:
TheRavenHouse wrote:Can someone explain to me why y'all give a fuck? Like, I have no opinion on this because I literally cannot fathom why it matters, so weighing pros and cons is impossible. What's wrong with the spam pit? What's wrong with changing it's name? What's wrong with getting rid of it entirely? Leave it be, change the name, or get rid of it, what are any of those supposed to do to address the "problem" of shitposting? Cause that's on the userbase in my eyes at least.


I give a fuck because I don't want this to go down the inevitable road as quickly as it seems to be going.

Being an asshole does little to prevent that. It just contributes to the site's decline even further. People are going to have different opinions than you. You don't need to express your disagreement with vulgarity. All that does is cause heated arguments that go nowhere. A bit of civility can go a long way. Although I feel like I'm probably wasting my time writing this.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired
User avatar
 
Posts: 2383
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:45 pm
Location: oot and aboot

Re: Suggestions

Postby MCToast » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:46 am

Grams wrote:Because one of the few things that separates us from some of the other forums is the fact that we're not a massive cesspool of cancer.


I don't know about that...
Image
Image
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP
User avatar
 
Posts: 1148
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Suggestions

Postby Grams » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:50 am

MCToast wrote:
Grams wrote:Because one of the few things that separates us from some of the other forums is the fact that we're not a massive cesspool of cancer.


I don't know about that...

Okay, we're like a benign tumor. But we have higher standards.
Steam || Thread || MAL
Image
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide
User avatar
 
Posts: 1316
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Here?

Re: Suggestions

Postby tenks » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:03 am

the spam pit was a fun little place for nonsense, nowadays it's one of the most active parts of the forum and by active i mean full of cool funky forum games aimed at 12 y/o

lets count to 10000 hehehe
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
Image
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花
User avatar
 
Posts: 1286
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:01 am
Location: fuck off

Re: Suggestions

Postby Waters » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:21 am

Jon wrote:
Waters wrote:Or just change the name to something more fitting

"Not a place for spamming"
titled as "SPAM SECTION"


See what I mean


You're nitpicking the name of a subforum? Lol shut the fuck up, stop being so overscrupulous. It's been called spam pit for as long as I've been on the site. It doesn't need to be change because some members take the name for its full literal meaning. Like Daniel said, it's not for actual spam of nonsensical bullshit, it's a subforum for threads that really have no other place to go. Spam Pit is a perfectly viable name for it.

I don't want to see this place turn into the shithole that is PA. That place is a cesspool of stupidity.

Holy shit calm down. Just because you have some sentiment to the name of a section or something doesn't matter, that wasn't my point.

Why should it be called a spam pit if spam is unwelcome? Forum games are nice but if that's what the section is for why not just rename/remake it for that. A "Spam discussion" isn't any better a solution.

I don't visit PA so I have no reference or w/e for that place, but if it's as much of a cesspool as you say, wouldn't getting rid of the spam section help keep this place from deteriorating more?

Hell, I'm not even trying to advocate a remodeling of the section. I'm ok with shitposts in a section called "Spam pit" aslong as they're kept to the spam pit. What the fuck else am I expecting?
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
Image
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects
User avatar
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:27 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Site Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest