Suggestions

Site related issues and site feedback regarding DarkDemon.

Re: Suggestions

Postby Jon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:41 am

Mat wrote:
Jon wrote:
TheRavenHouse wrote:Can someone explain to me why y'all give a fuck? Like, I have no opinion on this because I literally cannot fathom why it matters, so weighing pros and cons is impossible. What's wrong with the spam pit? What's wrong with changing it's name? What's wrong with getting rid of it entirely? Leave it be, change the name, or get rid of it, what are any of those supposed to do to address the "problem" of shitposting? Cause that's on the userbase in my eyes at least.


I give a fuck because I don't want this to go down the inevitable road as quickly as it seems to be going.

Being an asshole does little to prevent that. It just contributes to the site's decline even further. People are going to have different opinions than you. You don't need to express your disagreement with vulgarity. All that does is cause heated arguments that go nowhere. A bit of civility can go a long way. Although I feel like I'm probably wasting my time writing this.


You are wasting your time completely by saying this. I'm not going to stop speaking the way I speak because people find it vulgar. Fuck off you wankstain.

Waters wrote:
Jon wrote:
Waters wrote:Or just change the name to something more fitting

"Not a place for spamming"
titled as "SPAM SECTION"


See what I mean


You're nitpicking the name of a subforum? Lol shut the fuck up, stop being so overscrupulous. It's been called spam pit for as long as I've been on the site. It doesn't need to be change because some members take the name for its full literal meaning. Like Daniel said, it's not for actual spam of nonsensical bullshit, it's a subforum for threads that really have no other place to go. Spam Pit is a perfectly viable name for it.

I don't want to see this place turn into the shithole that is PA. That place is a cesspool of stupidity.

Holy shit calm down. Just because you have some sentiment to the name of a section or something doesn't matter, that wasn't my point.

Why should it be called a spam pit if spam is unwelcome? Forum games are nice but if that's what the section is for why not just rename/remake it for that. A "Spam discussion" isn't any better a solution.

I don't visit PA so I have no reference or w/e for that place, but if it's as much of a cesspool as you say, wouldn't getting rid of the spam section help keep this place from deteriorating more?

Hell, I'm not even trying to advocate a remodeling of the section. I'm ok with shitposts in a section called "Spam pit" aslong as they're kept to the spam pit. What the fuck else am I expecting?


I responded with what I did because what you were saying is completely fucking idiotic.

I'm not talking about spam as in going off topic. I'm talking about things like spamming one word posts and shit like that to get your post count up. Don't say it won't happen, because it will happen.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired
User avatar
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:25 am

Re: Suggestions

Postby SIFTER » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:16 am

Yo, Jon. Be careful from what you're saying. You might turn from a great guy to a terrible one within one post. I think you know what I'm talking about.
SIFTEROffline
Okay guy
Okay guy
 
Posts: 2884
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Morocco, casablanca

Re: Suggestions

Postby Jon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:45 am

Sifter wrote:Yo, Jon. Be careful from what you're saying. You might turn from a great guy to a terrible one within one post. I think you know what I'm talking about.


How?
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired
User avatar
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:25 am

Re: Suggestions

Postby SIFTER » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:49 am

Basically, I feel insulted whenever someone insults PA which is a place that's treated me lots better than how some people here did to me. I might start to dislike you for that and I already dislike those who insult it. I'm telling you this just to let you know, that's all.
SIFTEROffline
Okay guy
Okay guy
 
Posts: 2884
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Morocco, casablanca

Re: Suggestions

Postby MCToast » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:52 am

PA is a pretty horrible place TBH
Image
Image
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP
User avatar
 
Posts: 1145
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Suggestions

Postby Jon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:05 am

MCToast wrote:PA is a pretty horrible place TBH


McToast and I rarely agree on anything, but I support everything he said here.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired
User avatar
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:25 am

Re: Suggestions

Postby Four » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:23 am

I like PA
ok
FourOffline
VIP
User avatar
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:11 am
Location: ok

Re: Suggestions

Postby Amir » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:40 am

PA really sucks to be honest, the site is pretty inactive that's why. Still better than Shuniu tho.
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss
User avatar
 
Posts: 983
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:32 pm
Location: Israel

Re: Suggestions

Postby SIFTER » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:12 pm

PA is basically a fascinating place that has a lot of children with a very low forum activity, and a very high chat activity. Although, it's improving to the best recently. I like to go there and just chill and have some shits and giggles here and there. If I chill with some DD members, they just won't chill out until I leave. When I first joined PA, people were so friendly. When I first joined DD, shit posts, insults, and judgments. Sometimes being asked to just leave the community, Why?? Because I suck and I'm too serious.
SIFTEROffline
Okay guy
Okay guy
 
Posts: 2884
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Morocco, casablanca

Re: Suggestions

Postby Daniël » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:20 pm

Alright, from now on I'll delete every post in this thread that's about PA.
DaniëlOffline
the
the
User avatar
 
Posts: 2506
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:04 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Suggestions

Postby Grams » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:44 pm

hey how about nefarix's forum eh heheh
Steam || Thread || MAL
Image
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide
User avatar
 
Posts: 1316
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Here?

Re: Suggestions

Postby Daniël » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:27 am

Daniël wrote:Alright, from now on I'll delete every post in this thread that's about PA.

I wasn't kidding.
DaniëlOffline
the
the
User avatar
 
Posts: 2506
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:04 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Suggestions

Postby socks » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:14 pm

God since when did Pennsylvania become the hit topic on DD?
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired
 
Posts: 1646
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:30 pm
Location: ---

Re: Suggestions

Postby Daniël » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:08 am

Since I see little possibility in this thread getting on-topic anytime soon otherwise...

Let's complain about flash-tags being available more widely.
DaniëlOffline
the
the
User avatar
 
Posts: 2506
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:04 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Suggestions

Postby Mitch » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:14 am

Daniël wrote:Let's complain about flash-tags being available more widely.

Honestly man I agree with you but at the same time I can accept that it gets abused too openly.
Like the last time flash-tags were turned on within the first 2 mins tenks started a fucking rap battle involving everyone on the forum.
Image
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `
 
Posts: 1956
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:02 pm
Location: Aus tral ia

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Site Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron