URGENT HELP NEEDED

Site related issues and site feedback regarding DarkDemon.

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Postby tuna » Tue May 20, 2014 12:17 pm

I'm extremely worried right now, I don't know how it's here but it is. It's very sketchy software, every five minutes or so Norton comes up with this
Fucking Trojan attacks happening every five minutes, I can't shut the program in task manager (it's open in the background) because it re-opens straight away, I can't remove the folder in any way (delete, move, deny permissions or access, change) and it appears that Norton can't either (though it says it's protecting the attacks, but the program's still there.)
Really need help straight away.

Edit: It's called ConstaSurf and it can't be removed using CCleaner.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED

Postby Josh » Tue May 20, 2014 12:41 pm

Download MalwareBytes and do a scan. I had a similar virus before, MalwareBytes seemed to be able to get it.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby tuna » Tue May 20, 2014 1:42 pm

Thanks, that worked :) <3
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Ward » Tue May 20, 2014 1:53 pm

or at least give us the link man, gahd
WardOffline
Retired

Postby tuna » Tue May 20, 2014 2:25 pm

I don't even
what
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Gage » Wed May 21, 2014 7:12 am

I would suggest getting rid of Norton from your computer anyway

Use Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Eccensials, they are the best combo imo
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Raymond » Wed May 21, 2014 4:27 pm

DragonCheesecake wrote:I would suggest getting rid of Norton from your computer anyway

I heard a rumor awhile back that Norton is a virus in itself. When you buy their software and download it onto your computer, it puts it's own hidden virus on your computer. It starts off very subtle, but overtime you get more and more security warning stating that your computer is at risk and you should contact Norton for further assistance. Knowing idiots will call them, they give them a solution to the problem by ordering another one of their CD's to fix that problem. In short scamming you with their own virus.

I've heard of a few security programs doing this to promote their software. It's pretty shitty that they can get away with it, but I heard Norton was the worst. My friend caught Norton doing it with proof and everything. They made him pay $100 to fix some threat that was caused by Norton in the first place. So he ended up getting his money back, but just watch out for those things.

I would recommend using Malewarebytes like a lot of people have said or even kaspersky.

TLDR: Norton is the most expensive virus.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Gage » Wed May 21, 2014 4:43 pm

Raymond wrote:
DragonCheesecake wrote:I would suggest getting rid of Norton from your computer anyway

I heard a rumor awhile back that Norton is a virus in itself. When you buy their software and download it onto your computer, it puts it's own hidden virus on your computer. It starts off very subtle, but overtime you get more and more security warning stating that your computer is at risk and you should contact Norton for further assistance. Knowing idiots will call them, they give them a solution to the problem by ordering another one of their CD's to fix that problem. In short scamming you with their own virus.

I've heard of a few security programs doing this to promote their software. It's pretty shitty that they can get away with it, but I heard Norton was the worst. My friend caught Norton doing it with proof and everything. They made him pay $100 to fix some threat that was caused by Norton in the first place. So he ended up getting his money back, but just watch out for those things.

I would recommend using Malewarebytes like a lot of people have said or even kaspersky.

TLDR: Norton is the most expensive virus.

Norton actually just deleted shit with out the user knowing, so basically yes a virus, Mcafee does that as well, I remember my old laptop's sys32 being deleted by Mcafee with out notifying me of it happening and so that laptop is lost forever now.
Most people around where I live end up buying Norton and Mcafee just because stores that say they are good tech people recommend it just to make a quick buck.

And actually Norton isn't the most expensive virus, there is a lot of scare-ware out there that locks your computer from being able to do a certain thing until you buy there "product" for safe searching on the web or something like that and then end up taking all your money on your credit/debit card that you put in.
Probably the scariest virus I know of as well
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Alca » Wed May 21, 2014 6:05 pm

Yeah, I'd definitely get rid of Norton. Make sure to scan regularly with Malwarebytes, and if you want an alternative to Norton, I'd recommend Avira. There's a free version which is pretty decent, I've been using it for a while and it's pretty reliable

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Lord » Thu May 22, 2014 1:23 pm

Is Avast any good?
But glad the problem is fixed.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby tuna » Thu May 22, 2014 1:33 pm

Norton came free with this laptop though.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Josh » Thu May 22, 2014 3:06 pm

Tuna wrote:Norton came free with this laptop though.

Spyware Doctor came free with mine, doesn't make it any better of a program.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby tuna » Thu May 22, 2014 3:11 pm

No I know, I'd choose AVG any day, I was just explaining why I have it.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Gage » Thu May 22, 2014 10:00 pm

LordPivot wrote:Is Avast any good?
But glad the problem is fixed.

Avast is good to use but it costs money
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Gary » Fri May 23, 2014 9:58 am

I use AVG, and it works fairly good. Just get the free version and you'll be fine.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Next

Return to Help & Site Feedback