Radman's Thread

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Radman's Thread

Postby radman » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:51 pm

*Update added "Floating" animation, want to expand on it in the future.

Most Recent:

Older

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Any tips are appreciated!
Last edited by radman on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radmanOffline

Re: Radman's Thread

Postby Franklin » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:23 pm

Important info here, especially on adding your animations to your thread.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=81

As for the actual animation, I'd suggest that you read this:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=665

Welcome to the site! You'll be surprised how fast you'll improve with outside help.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Anton » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:29 am

Hello, have some CC.

You have a grasp of 2 different kind easing with the ball : ease in, and ease out.
ease in, is when the movement initiate from a non-existent spacing (aka : zero movement --> movement).
ease out, is when the movement comes to a stop.
In the first scene, the ease out is a little abrupt, you could have made it smoother with some frame edition.
In the second scene, the use of a trail is nice to help the spectator follow a brutal movement, due to heavy spacing on the ball.
But the stickman is stiff as a statue when he gets hit.

The next step you'll need to practise is easing on stickmen.

Ho look, a practise on easing with a stickman, how convenient.
The thing i like is this anim is the extreme poses, they make the animation more fluid despite the low FPS.
You may need to put a higher FPS and smoothen up the movements, that would be even better, even if it's long and tedious to make.

You definitely need to put a higher FPS. Something around the 16~20 or something. (i prefer 16 btw)
This animation has more smoothness than the two others, I can see some microscopic shakyness, not very much of a big deal.
Small issue : it looks like the arms are not following the current, they should have gone to the lower position a little bit faster.

Overall : it's nice as a beginning, and i think you're ready for the next step : Higher FPS. (and maybe longer anims)
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby radman » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:57 pm

Overall : it's nice as a beginning, and i think you're ready for the next step : Higher FPS. (and maybe longer anims)

Anton, thanks for the CC its extremely helpful! in the future i am definitely going to use a higher fps (probably around 20).

What FPS rate do you guys recommend? I've seen some really excellent animations in 12 FPS, but I am too inexperienced to make it work.
radmanOffline

Postby Mitch » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:06 am

19-21 bud.
Even if you feel like it's too high to experiment with right now, just do it or else you'll have trouble later on.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall