Postby halo » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:19 am

DBZ TEST UPDATED Image

SMALL COMBO Image

RUNNING CYCLE Image

naruto test Image

another combo Image

a guy with wings Image

+100 frames Image
Last edited by halo on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
haloOffline

Re: halo thread

Postby Sharpshooter » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:12 am

There is noticeable shakiness in the flying of the DBZ test, try to animate the limbs within the onion skin, also keep the spacing small and consistent. The effects were nice though.

The small combo was good and I preferred it over the top animation. The combos connected nicely, however the limbs moved too erratically and made it difficult to see what was happening. Try not to space out the movements too much, give the stickman time to react to each attack and in doing so the movements will become more appealing and easier to follow.

There's a lot of room for improvement but I can see promising signs in your fighting style, perhaps one day becoming as good as Jojishi with the DBZ stuff :)
SharpshooterOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Jojishi » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:16 am

Hey. I just thought I'd let you know that if you want to update your thread you've also got to make a reply on your thread saying something. That way, your thread will be bumped to the top of the Beginners Hall and people will know you updated. You're doing the right thing editing your post, but just remember to post a reply as well.

So with the run cycle, the poses look great and the legs have some nice momentum in them. The legs are fast paced and continuous like a real life run looks like. The arms look like they're staying in the same place because you only have one frame where they cross over the body. If you make the crossing of the arms slower with 2 or 3 frames it will be more noticeable and look nicer. The upper body moves up and down a little erratically, so you just need to focus on making the body either not move so much, or adding more frames so it's smoother.

I'd definitely recommend checking out the Tutorials section of the site. You'll learn a few things from there that will help you improve gradually with practice. It's good that you move all the joints in all the frames, and that your animations look somewhat smooth, but you'd benefit from a tutorial or two. :)

Thanks Sharpshooter, you're too kind. :p
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby halo » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:33 am

UPDATE NARUTO TEST
haloOffline

Postby halo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:42 am

another update
haloOffline

Postby Lord » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:00 am

Your movements can be shaky at times, be sure to keep an eye on each individual segment. I'm not really a fan of anime so DBZ isn't my thing but the quality of the animation is not bad.
Keep a look out for your easing too, at the start of the animation the orange guy speeds up very quickly.
Keep posting!
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall