My First Eased Animation

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

My First Eased Animation

Postby StrongerFaster » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:09 am

Well... Title says it all. I suck at easing, so I decided to improve off of that. Note, it may not be as good the easing, and animation. Well.... Here it is:

phpBB [video]
Do you like it? If you do, it's a wonder. Many people came out dead though. So, I guess my easing needs to improve, my animation as a whole needs to, or I just have to add a background. Yea, I forgot a background. And I don't want to have to put a background for 30 frames or a floor (scool But it's cool.
"Who said dancing takes skills? Oh, everybody did?" - Me
StrongerFasterOffline
VIP
VIP

Re: My First Eased Animation

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Well, the hard basic of easing, is to slow down and quicken up movements in each key frame. Your animation quicken, but never slowed down. Oh, and you don't particularly need a background. Background is always optional.
Once you got limb easing down, then theres whole body movement (the orange dot).

My main suggestion is to copy down how real people would move, and pretend like your quickly counting each frame that one would take while your moving.

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Marvilicious » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:13 pm

I already figured where you got your name from. This video just confirmed it. Haha

However, there is no need to make an entire video for such a short animation. Just export your animation into a gif image, upload that image on for example http://imgur.com/ and post it here using the img code, like this:
Code: Select all
[img]image link here[/img]

Looking at your animation, you need to work on pretty much every aspect of animation. I would suggest you to look at our tutorial section for the first steps: viewforum.php?f=25

Mitchs tutorial is very well written but not finished yet. Still, I recommend it: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=665
Jojishis tutorial on spacing is also very good: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1110
The other basic tutorials unfortunately have broken links to the animations.

Anyways, happy animating! (happy
MarviliciousOffline
Lurking cunt
VIP

Postby StrongerFaster » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:49 pm

Thank you guys. I also felt like I didn't need to slow down when a person is standing, as he's just standing.. I'll try to work better at my animation though.
"Who said dancing takes skills? Oh, everybody did?" - Me
StrongerFasterOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Dostendite » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:28 am

StrongerFaster,that song is my favorite too xD,lets go,your easing isn`t good,it must be something like this 1-1--1----1---1--1-1,
you accelerated your movements but you didnt slow dont them, i invite you to this tutorial : Movements viewtopic.php?f=25&t=701 | Fights viewtopic.php?f=25&t=242
DostenditeOffline

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall