Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Beginner Animation Chat/ Showoff [01]

Postby andyzeke » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:42 am

Clever wrote:Wassup pitches

Spoiler:

Aha nice joke.

Dunno if you want cc, but here is mine.

At the end after he throws the ball I think he stops too suddenly (And it looks like it lacks power because if this). maybe ease more on that?

His foot at the end also loses its placement for a second.. But overall the animation is quite nice and pleasing to look at Good job m8! you're improving really fast!
RAINBOW!!!! Hehe
andyzekeOffline
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:34 pm

Joekuli wrote:Image

That's looking good. Nice zooming camera and cool movements.

The thickness of the ball's outline changes, which is a bit weird. It also seemed a bit shaky in the upper body and he stood up a bit suddenly, which can be improved using more easing.

The landing is also a little "stop-and-go" and may have looked better with an arc at the origin point. Right now, it's motion path is down, then up-left.

Figure 1:
Down
Up-left

Whereas this may be more natural:
Down
Down-left
Left
Up-left

This helps keep some momentum so it doesn't look "stop-and-go".

I hope this helps. Even lots of Intermediate don't use arcs, so you don't need to worry about it too much. The main thing at the moment is workin on your easing, and keeping your spacing consistent to avoid any shakiness. Your animation still looks good. :)
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby andyzeke » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Jojishi wrote:
I hope this helps. Even lots of Intermediate don't use arcs, so you don't need to worry about it too much. The main thing at the moment is workin on your easing, and keeping your spacing consistent to avoid any shakiness. Your animation still looks good. :)

Wow, Its so awesome to see Joji and other pros in the beginners section helping people.. Very nice :)

Got a tiny bit lazy near the end.. I may add a character shadow sooner or later.. Idunno
RAINBOW!!!! Hehe
andyzekeOffline
VIP

Postby elixir » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:11 pm

andyzeke wrote:
Jojishi wrote:

Wow, Its so awesome to see Joji and other pros in the beginners section helping people.. Very nice :)

Got a tiny bit lazy near the end.. I may add a character shadow sooner or later.. Idunno

the movement itself is pretty decent, for the backround however i would make the lines less thick, and make the shadows transparent, I would also make the picture on the wall into a window letting in sunlight because that would make more sense for the shadows. It would also be a good idea to add some wood in the fireplace and add bricks to the chimney
elixirOffline
VIP

Postby andyzeke » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:23 pm

Elixir wrote:
the movement itself is pretty decent, for the background however i would make the lines less thick, and make the shadows transparent, I would also make the picture on the wall into a window letting in sunlight because that would make more sense for the shadows. It would also be a good idea to add some wood in the fireplace and add bricks to the chimney

The shadows were meant to be from the fire place that was on, and you can make objects transparent? I never knew...
RAINBOW!!!! Hehe
andyzekeOffline
VIP

Postby Youngster » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:23 pm

Use the opacity shit.
"

Currently working on:Something
YoungsterOffline
Noob
VIP

Postby Finom » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Hey, anyone have a good technique or piv that I could learn from to put leaves onto trees? Pretty every one I've seen has been fairly cartoonish and or leafless, and I would much prefer to have a reference, as I've tried a few times today, and they've all been fairly bad
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby Xeroz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:31 pm

Made this a couple of minutes ago. I rushed it in the end, but it turned out better than most of my most recent anims, so I'm somewhat satisfied with it.

^My Thread^
XerozOffline
The Doge
VIP

Postby FireBind » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:13 pm

Xeroz wrote:Image

Made this a couple of minutes ago. I rushed it in the end, but it turned out better than most of my most recent anims, so I'm somewhat satisfied with it.

That is pretty cool, I see that most of people now start making "matrix" animations. moreover you could make that punch more "impact" and yeah, it goes to see the you rushed it at the end it was stiff. But otherwise it is good, keep it up. (thumbsup
FireBindOffline
ORIGINAL
ORIGINAL

Postby Finom » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:55 pm

Do I just have bad memory? I don't recall slowing down time nor pulling walls out of walls :/
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

some animation

Postby yeetsavage » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:43 am

blob:http://imgur.com/dcd9a717-4ccd-4367-89ea-933c35693122
dis how i do it????
yeetsavageOffline

Postby Echo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:07 am

I think all of the beginners should just check out the bouncy tut so you have basic understanding of how a not stiff animation looks like

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Postby Xeroz » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:29 am

Hype wrote:Do I just have bad memory? I don't recall slowing down time nor pulling walls out of walls :/

Well, what can I say? I just love doing these things. c:

Echo Pai wrote:I think all of the beginners should just check out the bouncy tut so you have basic understanding of how a not stiff animation looks like

Can you link me to this tut? I can't seem to find it.

^My Thread^
XerozOffline
The Doge
VIP

Postby Alexis » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:41 am

Echo Pai wrote:I think all of the beginners should just check out the bouncy tut so you have basic understanding of how a not stiff animation looks like

ShorkDoge wrote:Can you link me to this tut? I can't seem to find it.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=285 I think its this one. there arnt anything bouncy about the other tuts
Don't Start.
AlexisOffline
pretty fuckin' dead
VIP

Postby Joekuli » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:40 pm

Jojishi wrote:
Joekuli wrote:
Spoiler:

That's looking good. Nice zooming camera and cool movements.

The thickness of the ball's outline changes, which is a bit weird. It also seemed a bit shaky in the upper body and he stood up a bit suddenly, which can be improved using more easing.

The landing is also a little "stop-and-go" and may have looked better with an arc at the origin point. Right now, it's motion path is down, then up-left.

Figure 1:
Down
Up-left

Whereas this may be more natural:
Down
Down-left
Left
Up-left

This helps keep some momentum so it doesn't look "stop-and-go".

Thanks Jojishi, will take your input on the next miniproject! Spacing was definitely an issue with trying to keep thing moving consistently as well as easing it better. didn't notice I didn't arc the origin, go too focused on the movement of the limbs.
^--animation thread last update: 12/26/16
PM me for detailed Critique on your latest creation*

*You must be prepared for harsh critique.
JoekuliOffline
Wise Man
Wise Man

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall