*Claurazicles ~FFA Vs DevilDog}

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: *Claurazicles

Postby Clauraz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:59 am

Pulling your twist hard at your peak will cause you to spin pretty quick... I do it fairly often whilst tricking.
(I do realise in the animation it goes quick to fairly slow which is bad)
Also it isn't a back handspring it's a valdez and I can't seem to get twisting an flipping right when they are together haha thankyou though!!
ClaurazOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Leo » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:36 am

Add a little ease on the end.
LeoOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby The Specter » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:22 am

Clauraz wrote:Pulling your twist hard at your peak will cause you to spin pretty quick... I do it fairly often whilst tricking.
(I do realise in the animation it goes quick to fairly slow which is bad)
Also it isn't a back handspring it's a valdez and I can't seem to get twisting an flipping right when they are together haha thankyou though!!

Spin but not rotate. Anywhere you pull as long as you are pulling with the same amount will get you to spin/rotate just as fast, as long as you are pulling from the same place you always pull from. I've been a gymnast for forever, plus I took calc based physics and thats an over qualification (you really only need to understand algebra based physics) to tell you that radial orientation has no importance in this situation (free fall) because nothing else is being changed. You should make the valdez look like a valdez, lower to the ground and whatnot. But the free arm still does look awkward.
The SpecterOffline
Ghostly
Investor

Re: *Claurazicles ~FFA Vs DevilDog}

Postby Clauraz » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:40 am

FFA BUMP :) Enjoy!
ClaurazOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Lord » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:43 am

Nice work! How many frames was it? It felt quite short.
Your movements were relatively well executed, effects were okay too.
Good job at this!
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Clauraz » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:15 am

Came in at 367Frames haha just over :D

Thankyou for the compliments!
ClaurazOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Leo » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:30 pm

xD Same. My FFA Bump. Too much show off of sticks. T_T
LeoOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby The Black Mamba » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:50 am

Hey man, glad to see something from you. Liking your entry it was pretty creative. You're improving overall but still struggle with poses, spacing issues, etc. The running cycle for both fighters look a little weird, there's a very subtle rocking to it (stop and go) and they don't seem to be running with intensity. For example, the orange figure doesn't really put his back into it in the beginning but then it looks like he speeds up a little. It still looks awkward even though he speeds up. The scenery and colors you chose were interesting. I, personally, would go with darker colors. It would set the mood for a battle ground, in my opinion. What you did still looks pretty nice though, can't argue. I don't like the sudden change in detail of the ground halfway through the fight. It's very off putting, try and avoid that next time. The screen constantly fading to black was annoying. I know you were trying to add to the cinematic aspect of the fight, but that didn't help. There are plenty of things you could of done to aid you in making the fight more action packed (not saying it wasn't). You could of implemented more camera angles, camera panning or even drew the fight out for longer. Which brings me to my next point, the fight was a little short. I get that you had a deadline to meet but you could of planned things out more to get more done (Although I'm lazier, I shouldn't be talking lol). The way it looks now is you threw some punches, he threw some punches and you killed him.

I'm being a little too harsh, anyway, you did a good job showing power for the most part (excluding that sword toss in the beginning, happened rather suddenly). I like the little fight choreography you had going on toward the end of the fight and the way you executed the bow and arrow was ace. You did a pretty decent job man, I hope to see more from you.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby Clauraz » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:50 am

Thanks so much man. I asked for help with the poses and it sort of started a fight with the admins not understanding what I had written, so yeah I kinda winged it. Spacing has always been an issue with me I can't quite understand it properly so I don't know how to input it an the runs looked so weird to me aswell I was mainly trying to get a clean run out of it more then powerful which kinda offsets the whole battle thing as you said. Colouring could definitely be different to suit a battle aswell haha and the random detailing was an attempt to make it look kinda birds eye but offset view an I need to learn how to transition better, the fading is way too much.

It was a really slack effort honestly, I animated it clean but didnt put effort into anything else. The only parts I really liked is the start and the bow shot, the rest was just to apart and didn't form well enough. If there's a round 2 I will be making alot more of a fight then this one for sure :) again thankyou for criticising I do need some help with it all.
ClaurazOffline
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall