Little help with my new animation?

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Little help with my new animation?

Postby NekuSenpai » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:52 am

Hi im 13 and im a beginner at pivot.. can someone help me improve my animation? teach me please

phpBB [video]

Is my animation okay now? Do i need to improve? Any criticism? What things do I need to improve? Please do Answer! Thank you!!

phpBB [video]
Last edited by NekuSenpai on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Little help with my new animation?

Postby SIFTER » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:09 am

As a beginner, you may want to consider getting the basics down before attempting to make any complex animation.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby NekuSenpai » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:06 am

Sifter wrote:As a beginner, you may want to consider getting the basics down before attempting to make any complex animation.
Oh, helps a lot, thanks!

Postby Daniël » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Fuck what he just said, basics schmasics, that's pretty rad and I think it's cool a Beginner attempts to do things like these. I admit you might want to learn how to animate a run, but besides that, keep doing what you do.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Mat » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:09 pm

Daniël wrote:Fuck what he just said, basics schmasics, that's pretty rad and I think it's cool a Beginner attempts to do things like these. I admit you might want to learn how to animate a run, but besides that, keep doing what you do.

This. We need more complex animations. Once you start doing simple animation tests you never go back. Learn from my mistake.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Raymond » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:42 pm

Hey you made an account! I'm really glad you took my advice, I think you will enjoy it here. It's true that you should work on your movements a little, but it looks like your having a lot of fun with pivot and that's what counts.

Your signature was kind of big so I made it smaller for you. If you want to make it bigger go to the place you edit your signature and increase the number next to the tn= , but don't make it larger than 500. Anything past that is getting a little too big.

The main thing you need to work on is your spacing. It seems like it changes in each frame. So lets say | represents a new frame and - represents the distance your figure moved between the frames.

Your spacing looks like: |--|----|--|---------|--|--|----------|--|------|---------|
You can probably imagine when playing the animation the movement would look sort of shaky because the spacing isn't consistent. Try to imagine it like you would a flip book that plays an animation when you flip the pages.

The spacing should be more consistent like: |--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|

However there are other things you need to keep in mind like easing. If you spaced a movement out consistently like shown above, it would be a pretty dull animation. Your figure usually comes to a stop at some point and when they do they slow down. Wave your hand in front of you as fast as you can and then try to stop. It takes some effort and your hand doesn't stop instantaneously. Just keep these things in mind when animating and I'm sure you'll start to improve.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Grams » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:49 pm

Mat wrote:This. We need more complex animations. Once you start doing simple animation tests you never go back. Learn from my mistake.

This this. These guys are beyond right. For the past year or so, I've lost the patience and determination to finish any project by doing stupid shorts and tests. Keep doing what you're doing.
Raymond wrote:
|--|----|--|---------|--|--|----------|--|------|---------|
|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|

Best way I've seen someone explain spacing.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby NekuSenpai » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:48 am

Raymond wrote:Hey you made an account! I'm really glad you took my advice, I think you will enjoy it here. It's true that you should work on your movements a little, but it looks like your having a lot of fun with pivot and that's what counts.

Your signature was kind of big so I made it smaller for you. If you want to make it bigger go to the place you edit your signature and increase the number next to the tn= , but don't make it larger than 500. Anything past that is getting a little too big.

The main thing you need to work on is your spacing. It seems like it changes in each frame. So lets say | represents a new frame and - represents the distance your figure moved between the frames.

Your spacing looks like: |--|----|--|---------|--|--|----------|--|------|---------|
You can probably imagine when playing the animation the movement would look sort of shaky because the spacing isn't consistent. Try to imagine it like you would a flip book that plays an animation when you flip the pages.

The spacing should be more consistent like: |--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|--------|

However there are other things you need to keep in mind like easing. If you spaced a movement out consistently like shown above, it would be a pretty dull animation. Your figure usually comes to a stop at some point and when they do they slow down. Wave your hand in front of you as fast as you can and then try to stop. It takes some effort and your hand doesn't stop instantaneously. Just keep these things in mind when animating and I'm sure you'll start to improve.

Thanks, helps me a lot and also thank you for the tip.. i like the sig too

Postby FlamingSosej2732 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:55 pm

i ain't got no cc, all i can say is move all parts of the sig.... also u sticks are awesome, did u make em?
FlamingSosej2732Offline
Regular
Regular

Postby NekuSenpai » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:58 am

FlamingSosej2732 wrote:i ain't got no cc, all i can say is move all parts of the sig.... also u sticks are awesome, did u make em?

no i downloaded it from mrmustache456's video in youtube.. only the hairs were the one i made and the titans too

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall