Trailer for my new flick, please let me know what you think!

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Trailer for my new flick, please let me know what you th

Postby Sonny » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:27 pm

I say rotoscoping would be easier because the way I get a lot of these animation shots is I actually act the actions out in front a camera, doing the movements, throwing pillows around sometimes, then I put them on my second screen and use them for reference, going back and forth frame by frame. So if I COULD rotoscope, I'd just throw it up on the computer and match my moves without having to kind of tinker and kind of going back and forth. Know what I'm saying? My kids get a kick out of me when I'm recording myself, jumping around the room like a fool, but it's the only way I can get the action I want. There's probably over 80 gore shots in the film- if not more- and that's no exaggeration, I've always liked that one from Genocyber, so I put that in there, I worked my ass off on that. I've also got the head explosion from Scanners (it's actually in the top trailer) but I think that's so fast and out of reference nobodies really going to see it- and those are the only two I throw in there, I want people to spot them! But those are the only two I give an homage too. I think things like that are fun, but it's not like the whole movie is based around that, it's literally 8 second out of a nearly three hour movie.

You guys might find this interesting though. This is the first trailer I put out, all of this is from the first 15 minutes of the film, except for the last shot which I did just for the trailer to show some scale, it'll be redone for the final film but this shows how far I've come since I began the project-

phpBB [video]
SonnyOffline

Previous

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall