Pivotelite's rust free thread[Updated Oct 16].

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Pivotelite's rust free thread[Updated Oct 16].

Postby Amir » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:35 am

Wow, this is definitely intermediate. It was great, the only problem I see is the first steps at the very beginning, it seemed just kinda weird and stiff but it's nothing, the rest was so cool.
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Postby .Mono. » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:51 am

Wow. You've made great usw oft the New features. The only thing I dislike are the red sticks' steps after the counterstrike..Don't really know why, but they seem off. Greeat arm stretching effect! (smile
.Mono.Offline
Active
Active

Postby MCToast » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:34 am

Red's walking and running is pretty off and the arm could of been better. Some minor stuff on movements bug me but the start has some nice movements. Pretty cool animation.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Mitch » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:43 am

3D proportions are looking pretty solid. Poses not so much, I know since you're an older animator you tend to go for the loose hinged kinda "ragdollesq" style, for instance in the run cycle the arms felt a little disjointed. I'de like to see you experiment with something a little more "kept together." Spacing was on point as usual besides the walk which was somewhat inconsistent.

You'll be in inter where you belong with a little more tuning.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Echo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:07 am

The originality in this one... loved the wiggely arm hehe. You should work a little more on your movements other than that it was pretty good. (smile

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Postby Pivotelite » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:47 am

.Mono. wrote:Wow. You've made great usw oft the New features. The only thing I dislike are the red sticks' steps after the counterstrike..Don't really know why, but they seem off. Greeat arm stretching effect! (smile

It was pretty off I agree, too fast and he shrunk cause I wasn't paying attention, too lazy to fix it lol.

Mitch wrote:3D proportions are looking pretty solid. Poses not so much, I know since you're an older animator you tend to go for the loose hinged kinda "ragdollesq" style, for instance in the run cycle the arms felt a little disjointed. I'de like to see you experiment with something a little more "kept together." Spacing was on point as usual besides the walk which was somewhat inconsistent.

It's so incredibly hard for me to shake the ragdoll style since I've had it for like 9 years.. Not even the realism movement with Crono got me to change, I think its embedded in my brain , I'll try though.

Thanks again for the comments Amir, Echo and Mctoast, I will use everyones comments to help improve. BTW is there anything in piv 4 that makes blood or stretchy effects like that easier? I haven't noticed anything so they are still a lot of work...
PivoteliteOffline
Active
Active

Postby tuna » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:55 am

Pivotelite wrote:Thanks again for the comments Amir, Echo and Mctoast, I will use everyones comments to help improve. BTW is there anything in piv 4 that makes blood or stretchy effects like that easier? I haven't noticed anything so they are still a lot of work...

Ctrl drag?
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Cheese » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:02 pm

I thouhgt the anim started out somewhat low quality, then that curved arm part blew me away, loved everything from the curve arm on
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Mori » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Wait, are you the guy from DDC11 B side?
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby Pivotelite » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:31 pm

Elite44 wrote:Wait, are you the guy from DDC11 B side?

Probably, i'll have to re-watch it, I know I was in DDC7 too. I made the anim for that in one day, i'll never forget that lol.
PivoteliteOffline
Active
Active

Postby MatureZoom Zoom » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:20 pm

It's nice to see an oldie getting back into Pivot. Welcome back. and I'd like to say, those are some decent fucking animations man. Even if they're rusty, I especially liked the stretchy arm bit.
MatureZoom ZoomOffline
Active
Active

Postby FlamingSosej2732 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:16 pm

Cool!
FlamingSosej2732Offline
Regular
Regular

Postby Clusive » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:40 am

This is so sick, aw man! I struggle so bad trying to get that background movement flowing with the animation but you make it look easy
ClusiveOffline
Active
Active

Postby Cheese » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:51 pm

watch the poost daaates
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Pulse » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:11 pm

Wait a seck. THE PivotElite? From Youtube? The guy who made the video of the zoo in his room? Oh my God, I thought you were dead!
PulseOffline
Active
Active

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall