Moderator: Rank Team

Mono - Sup'?

Postby .Mono. » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:42 am

Waddup Darkdemon?!

New:

Spoiler:
So much Rust.
Pivot 4 is great!
I opened Pivot again, after some time. Can't get used to Pivot 4 though, so this is still 2.25 :D
For some reason uploading the gif has speeded it up, though..
Last edited by .Mono. on Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
.Mono.Offline
Active
Active

Re: Mono - Following Crunchin

Postby Coweetie » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:07 am

mono :D :D :D unbelievable to see you and crunchi coming back the same time :'D
the animation looks abit fast, but the lightning effect added alot to it and the idea is funny (grin
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby .Mono. » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:57 am

Yeah, Crunchin told me about this side. :D
Watching the anim on my pc, it's slower, but whenever I upload it, the speed gets x1.2..(estimated)
.Mono.Offline
Active
Active

Postby crunchin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:39 am

great to see you here, david! very good animation. i always liked your style, its unique.
crunchinOffline

Postby Axon » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:32 am

it looks good fast really, nice fluid movements, especially when he's dodging the blue things

the bit where he falls over could benefit from being a bit slower though
AxonOffline
aye lmoa
aye lmoa

Postby Daniël » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:53 am

I feel like it would have looked better with a lower framerate.

Nonetheless, that's really dope. Were you Monotrix (or something) before?
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Echo » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:29 am

Mono animated ! You don't know me so yeah.... I know you though! And I'm glad you animate.
Nice animation man, I like the light effect on the stick a lot!

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Postby Lukas » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:02 am

hey mono good to see you returning

e.:
Daniël wrote:
Nonetheless, that's really dope. Were you Monotrix (or something) before?

he was monotanic before
LukasOffline
no
no

Postby Daniël » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:15 am

Ah yes, that's it. I remember watching his animations back in the day.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby peterbone » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:19 am

Spoiler:
.Mono. wrote:Hey Guys.. I was seriously shocked, seeing the "new darkdemon": animator.net
But I guess this is the real new darkdemon! =D Glad it's still alive.

I opened Pivot again, after some time. Can't get used to Pivot 4 though, so this is still 2.25 :D
For some reason uploading the gif has speeded it up, though..

Hi. Welcome back. I'd be interested to know what you find difficult to get used to in Pivot 4, as the interface is so similar to Pivot 2. Perhaps the buttons with images instead of words?

What program did you test the gif in after exporting it? Something like Windows picture and fax viewer plays gifs slowly. You should always open gifs in your web browser to see them at the correct speed.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby .Mono. » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:33 am

@Daniel: I was originally called Monotanic, somehow lost that account on DD very early though, so I made a name for myself as Monotanix,(which is what you seem to remember), and later changed that to .Mono., since Mono was already taken. Nice to be remembered :D

@Echo: Ehh.. you sure I don't know you? ;D =P thx =)

@Peterbone:
1. No, im getting along with the buttons just fine. I guess the thing that bothers me the most, is that the "next Frame" button gets deselected(is that a word?) when you move your sticks' joints. So I can't just press Enter to get to the next frame. Other than that im not sure, but my animations with Pivot 4 always end up rather bad. It has a lot of nice new features though, like the "split segment" in the editor =)
2. Im using "IrfanView", which is doing a nice job, which I can say, because it shows the animation at the same speed as I watch it in Pivot.

Edit: PS. You're Peter Bone, right? The creator of Pivot? If so, I just wanna thank you a lot. I started animating with Pivot when I was 12 years old, and had SO much fun. Really, thanks a lot!
.Mono.Offline
Active
Active

Postby tuna » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:05 am

.Mono. wrote:1. No, im getting along with the buttons just fine. I guess the thing that bothers me the most, is that the "next Frame" button gets deselected(is that a word?) when you move your sticks' joints. So I can't just press Enter to get to the next frame.

hint: space key

there are so many golden oldies returning, bringing back the prime days :D :D, that's 4 old folk returning in two days :'). i remember you man, I was Static if you remember me :D

anyway, you're pretty rusty man, but it's not bad, keep working on it (thumbsup (thumbsup
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:11 am

.Mono. wrote:@Daniel: I was originally called Monotanic, somehow lost that account on DD very early though, so I made a name for myself as Monotanix,(which is what you seem to remember), and later changed that to .Mono., since Mono was already taken. Nice to be remembered :D

Ah right, I remember some breakdance-esque animation by you involving 3D movements (which weren't as common back then) that really impressed me, somewhere in 2009/2010.

Also, big chance Mono isn't taking anymore, but whatever. I hope to see you around more.

Also, lol@IrfanView, you can just use Google Chrome (or any other browser) for those things, it'll open images without being uploaded to a site or anything.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Echo » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:20 am

.Mono. wrote:@Echo: Ehh.. you sure I don't know you? ;D =P thx =)

So... you know me ? maybe ? (grin

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Postby peterbone » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:14 am

.Mono. wrote:@Peterbone:
1. No, im getting along with the buttons just fine. I guess the thing that bothers me the most, is that the "next Frame" button gets deselected(is that a word?) when you move your sticks' joints. So I can't just press Enter to get to the next frame. Other than that im not sure, but my animations with Pivot 4 always end up rather bad. It has a lot of nice new features though, like the "split segment" in the editor =)
2. Im using "IrfanView", which is doing a nice job, which I can say, because it shows the animation at the same speed as I watch it in Pivot.

Edit: PS. You're Peter Bone, right? The creator of Pivot? If so, I just wanna thank you a lot. I started animating with Pivot when I was 12 years old, and had SO much fun. Really, thanks a lot!

Yes, that's me. I'm glad I could help you.

I'd advise you to read through the Help file. It has lots of useful tips such as using space bar for next frame.

http://pivotanimator.net/help/animation ... ntrols.htm
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Next

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall