Crappy, but better than older ones.

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Crappy, but better than older ones.

Postby Lunar_Eclipse » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:06 am

Herro! Check out my animation! (Before you say I already know that the black stick getting off the ground part was horrible, and the faces on the zoom look like a preschooler made em') Tell me what you think! :D
Lunar_EclipseOffline

Re: Crappy, but better than older ones.

Postby LoveSaltDoge » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:12 am

Nice one, but you need to learn some stuff abut easing. Try to avoid "wooden" movements, i mean when one part of stickman moves ( hand, leg or whatever), the whole body must move too. Just to compare do that punch in front of the mirror in real life and you'll understand what I mean. More practice and it'll be okay.

P.S. What was it in part when black stick jumped with blue light? That brown circle with red line? :D
LoveSaltDogeOffline

Postby Daniël » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:22 am

If a figure is moving, try to make him move every limb, every frame. No big changes, just so the whole body won't be frozen while he's moving his arm or whatever. It'll take a lot more time to animate, but it's really one of the biggest steps to make within Pivot as it will make your animations look a lot more dynamic.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Lord » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Daniël wrote:If a figure is moving, try to make him move every limb, every frame. No big changes, just so the whole body won't be frozen while he's moving his arm or whatever. It'll take a lot more time to animate, but it's really one of the biggest steps to make within Pivot as it will make your animations look a lot more dynamic.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby SIFTER » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:15 pm

I find these expressions funny for some reasons.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Will » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:26 pm

Daniël wrote:If a figure is moving, try to make him move every limb, every frame. No big changes, just so the whole body won't be frozen while he's moving his arm or whatever. It'll take a lot more time to animate, but it's really one of the biggest steps to make within Pivot as it will make your animations look a lot more dynamic.

Be careful with this, it only makes your animations look more dynamic if you do it right. Otherwise they're just shaky. The stick needs to move in one direction for a few frames and you have to ease them in another direction. I tend to double frame the legs but not the torso/arms, then the stick doesn't end up leaning over like Michael Jackson.
WillOffline
Professional

Postby Lunar_Eclipse » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Sifter wrote:Image
I find these expressions funny for some reasons.

LOL I told ya! xD
Lunar_EclipseOffline

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall