Beastie's Thread= Im back....prolly

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: BeastalRage animations Thread

Postby SharpBeast » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:23 pm

Updated.
Last edited by SharpBeast on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Thread
I removed your signature because it was too big. You can use the same one, just shrink it or put it in a spoiler.
SharpBeastOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby SharpBeast » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:28 pm

1 new anim, ready up for Rayden.
My Thread
I removed your signature because it was too big. You can use the same one, just shrink it or put it in a spoiler.
SharpBeastOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby MatureZoom Zoom » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:42 pm

Alright, I want to reiterate what I said earlier. I can see some improvement, but I'd focus on that easing man, and making sure there isn't any stiffness(at the least, all joints should move in each frame.)

I will add on, that you need to watch your foot-placement, that way your not roughly sliding everywhere, but you can really see him move into the punch and poses. Both of which need some work.

Now, I will admit you have improved, I also liked the setting and stks man, good job.
Your easing, though poor, is definitely improved my friend. Good job, just keep workin' it out.
MatureZoom ZoomOffline
Active
Active

Postby socks » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:11 pm

Well, before i give anything more than a link for criticism. Check this out, it can say a lot more than i can at the moment.
Mitchs Tut
Spacing Tut
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Caleb » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:00 pm

Nice animations man, i'm thinking you should take Anthony (The user above's) advice. Best wishes.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby SharpBeast » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Updated!

DickBallsDickBalls wrote:Well, before i give anything more than a link for criticism. Check this out, it can say a lot more than i can at the moment.
Mitchs Tut
Spacing Tut

I read them both(Long time ago though), but Michs Tut was more informative than spacing tut since spacing tut didn't have any working images.
Well since I get a feeling that people here are gonna continue to tell me about tutorials. I will inform you: I read all the tut's in tutorial section.... So don't bother telling me about tutorials, unless you just posted one. But still thank you. I appreciate the help and CC when I get it. (thumbsup

Alright, I want to reiterate what I said earlier. I can see some improvement, but I'd focus on that easing man, and making sure there isn't any stiffness(at the least, all joints should move in each frame.)

I will add on, that you need to watch your foot-placement, that way your not roughly sliding everywhere, but you can really see him move into the punch and poses. Both of which need some work.

Now, I will admit you have improved, I also liked the setting and stks man, good job.
Your easing, though poor, is definitely improved my friend. Good job, just keep workin' it out.

Yeah I am trying to focus on easing. Stiffness? no way.... I move every necessary joint... well ill try to fix that issue.
Well about foot placement..... I can say nothing. *as in mitch's tut said that is purely skill relied thing*
Anyway improvement will take quite some time since I have no ideas and inspiration, so I get lazy that way. But ill do my best. (ohyou
My Thread
SharpBeastOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Clusive » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:31 am

I really like your style... It seems so.. I don't know. Sharp? I can't describe it.
ClusiveOffline
Active
Active

Postby MatureZoom Zoom » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:26 pm

Clusive wrote:I really like your style... It seems so.. I don't know. Sharp? I can't describe it.

I can agree, definitely in focus.
MatureZoom ZoomOffline
Active
Active

Postby Jojishi » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:31 am

I really liked that you attempt to show depth through the shoulders you've added to the figure, and also that one part in the animation where the green figure turns around. It shows that you're visualizing them in a 3D space which is a great skill to develop.

Other than that, I think the challenge of easing has been brought up by Caleb, so I won't add much there. You just need to work on your spacing and easing in general, as some movements are jerky in motion. I think you've got potential though. Enjoying the slight style you've got going for you.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby SharpBeast » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:24 pm

UPDATED x3

MatureZoom Zoom wrote:
Clusive wrote:I really like your style... It seems so.. I don't know. Sharp? I can't describe it.

I can agree, definitely in focus.

Well I like to pay attention to details... those small things.

Jojishi wrote:I really liked that you attempt to show depth through the shoulders you've added to the figure, and also that one part in the animation where the green figure turns around. It shows that you're visualizing them in a 3D space which is a great skill to develop.

Other than that, I think the challenge of easing has been brought up by Caleb, so I won't add much there. You just need to work on your spacing and easing in general, as some movements are jerky in motion. I think you've got potential though. Enjoying the slight style you've got going for you.

Well I added shoulders simply because I didn't like them without shoulders and couldn't get comfortable with figures without shoulders. Idk I dont think that is an 3d issue.. just I made them comfortable for me to animate.
Well since I always improvise I won't say anything about the moment the green turned around except that I am proud of that moment. (scool
My Thread
SharpBeastOffline
Regular
Regular

Re: BeastalRage Thread= The KapOOYAA!!

Postby SharpBeast » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:03 pm

3 Updates and Nobody leaves a comment?
My Thread
SharpBeastOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby socks » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:32 pm

I think the newest animation is actually decently entertaining! It's hard to rate the two men with swords at the moment, with it being so short. But the cloak test honestly could be promising if you used it in an animation.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby SharpBeast » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:48 am

DickBallsDickBalls wrote:I think the newest animation is actually decently entertaining! It's hard to rate the two men with swords at the moment, with it being so short. But the cloak test honestly could be promising if you used it in an animation.

Yeah the newest anim is my fafavorite (scool
Two men with swords is basically a teaser.... it will have some storyline also, I just need to write it.(They will have their reasons to fight each other)
Yeah about cloak test I will use it in swordsman anim later, and I will have to make some badass stk's for it too.(and weaponry too)Jeezuz so much work to do though. (cheesygrin
My Thread
SharpBeastOffline
Regular
Regular

Re: BeastalRage Thread= Black Box V.1

Postby SharpBeast » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:26 pm

Update time guys! Black box V.1
My Thread
SharpBeastOffline
Regular
Regular

Re: BeastalRage Thread= Black Box V.1

Postby Pulse » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:25 pm

You gotta work on easing and flow. Your stuff is kinda choppy and wooden (is that a word?).
And also, continue that 'into the light' thing, I think it has some potential.
Keep up the good work. =)
PulseOffline
Active
Active

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall