Darkwolf's threat

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Darkwolf's threat

Postby Darkwolfx23 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:59 pm

http://i.imgur.com/1Cnb85O.gifv

This is my most recent project, i hope you like it brothas! PS: I'm back and better than ever!!

Fixed... i guess hahaha
Last edited by Darkwolfx23 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkwolfx23Offline

Re: Darkwolf's threat

Postby Mori » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:20 pm

Nothing really
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby MCToast » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:36 pm

I feel it misses something
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Darkwolfx23 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Oh for fuck sake... i hate the new imgur it gets me confused! xDD
Darkwolfx23Offline

Postby Gary » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:42 pm

The kick itself looked pretty good. Everything after the kick looked a bit weird though. He brings his body down way too quickly, and his upper body gets pretty shakey. Also, the stick's foot on the animation look really weird, and it gave the allusion that he started to float up into the air. Once the foot hits the ground, try to keep it the same, unless you need to move the feet, that way it doesn't look bad.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Ray » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:38 pm

Looks like the first part of my animation I made, http://i.imgur.com/pgwkiNx.gif

I like how yours seems more realistic than mine but you should work on the poses the stk made after the impact of the kick.
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby tuna » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:03 pm

looks nice, nice poses, very natural. just be sure that you maintain a more consistent average pace, he enters the screen quite fast and slows down as he kicks (in terms of horizontal momentum)
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Darkwolfx23 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:22 am

Gary wrote:The kick itself looked pretty good. Everything after the kick looked a bit weird though. He brings his body down way too quickly, and his upper body gets pretty shakey. Also, the stick's foot on the animation look really weird, and it gave the allusion that he started to float up into the air. Once the foot hits the ground, try to keep it the same, unless you need to move the feet, that way it doesn't look bad.

Yeah i noticed that too, i tried fixing it a couple of times but ended up making it worst, i'll try that, keeping it in the same spot and i'll as well try to slow down the movement of the stick when he leans forward, any other advise you could give me to fix the "floating" foot? xDD
Darkwolfx23Offline

Postby Ussay » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:40 am

Pretty cool man. The kick is really well done, they already spotted the flaws so there's no need for me to repeat them. And about the floating foot you can use MCToast's pro tip that's making the foot a separate stick. I can tell you another one if you don't want to do that, create a stick with 0 thickness and lenght as in default, when you add this to the animation you'll see that orange button but it'll be invisible in the whole animation, so you can use it as a reference of where the foot was 0; has worked for me since 2010.

Also I think that the arms at the end should keep rotating since that was kind of a spin kick, the body would suffer some kind of unfomfortability that way. Your poses are looking way better than most of the beginners, so keep it up. And other thing, If you're going to post only one movement you should finish it at least >_> or make longer animations, that are more likely to get ranked properly :D
UssayOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall