PivotSpidey ( Update 3 )

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

PivotSpidey ( Update 3 )

Postby PivotSpidey » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:04 am

Welcome too my thread!

I will only post my best animations here.

I will use links so it does not take up to much data loading them all.

It's only two things, but I'm still animating!

Fighting

Birds

Walking

Sticks

Update 2: Added Simplex Spidey base download link, and removed spoilers (Since it's just links). Update 3: Added walking animation. (It's unfinished.)

News: I have made a Spider-Man stick figure, along with preview images, and RGB color codes for the exact perfect colors seen in the preview files.
Last edited by PivotSpidey on Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PivotSpidey
PivotSpideyOffline

Re: PivotSpidey

Postby Jojishi » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:46 am

Welcome to the site PivotSpidey.

What can I say? That Spider-Man stick looks great. Nice web-slinging effect there.

The seagull animation looks good. It's slightly shaky, but I can imagine it would be hard to pull off that believable look without some shakiness there. If you look at those flying movements in real life or any animal there can tend to be a slight jerkiness to movement so I actually think it gives an extra sense of realism to the look. I think it looks good.

The poses of the kick look good. Arm positioning looks spot on. I thought it was strange how he didn't take a step back after the kick though. His center of balance went to the right of his planted foot, and then all the momentum just stopped there. It broke the physics in the animation and made the resulting motion look stiff and unnatural. I highly recommend reading up on center of balance because it will help loads. Everything else looks good in terms of spacing and pose. The kick has a lot of power to it.

I think that's the best advice I can give. Hope it helps.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Re: PivotSpidey

Postby PivotSpidey » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:06 pm

Jojishi wrote:I thought it was strange how he didn't take a step back after the kick though. His center of balance went to the right of his planted foot, and then all the momentum just stopped there.

Thanks, I just noticed that. Good advice.
PivotSpidey
PivotSpideyOffline

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall