Borderline Inters
No votes
Inters
No votes

Total votes : 20

Re: Madness's Projects - Now with Poll?

Postby Franklin » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:42 pm

People voted swords = Animate less swords
Swords are what you are best at, therefore I think that you should work to strengthen other skills.
Still animate swords though.
Their so cool.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Madnessthunder » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:39 am

I honestly thought I sucked with swords O.o How the hell is that what I'm best at whaaaat??? Idek man..

But I am proud to unveil this. So gimme some nice CC so I can make it even better *-*

Spoiler:

Hey check out my shitty animations
Thread.
MadnessthunderOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Franklin » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:08 pm

It was pretty nice (despite the lack of contrast) but there were a few things that I noticed: Seriously. Fix that contrast.
- His momentum stops when he lands. Try to keep him at relatively the same speed as when he was in the air. To do this, you might want to have the leg that he landed on be closer to being vertical- maybe even diagonal to the right side of hes torso- so that you can move him backwards further before the other leg must come down. If you still cant maintain the old speed, then you might need to make him do a small hop on the landing foot.
- I like what you did with balancing him after he landed. Not much to fix there.
- There are a few things to fix on the final strike with his scythe. First, you need to ease the scythe into the ground (not anything major; maybe just a couple of frames of it moving about 5, then 20 degrees counter-clockwise) and/or add a significant trail ( http://sta.sh/025978upmzdz ). This will make it look like there was actual movement, and take away the feeling of it having simply teleported. You should also make the rest of the body move with the scythe, since an attack as fast and powerful as that one should probably move the torso.
- Add in a frame of the legs straightening them when he jumps. You can then move them into the bent position that you have.
- I like that you added some head and torso movement to him spinning the scythe, to show the weight of the blade and the kinetic energy it has while spinning.
- There are some choppiness issues with his torso while he is in the air.
- The sack stops spinning while it is in the air. I know that you need the timing right for the kick, but instead of making it stop spinning, just change the rate at which it spins.

Other than those things, I think that the animation is probably your best. Or at least it would be if you
FIXED THAT DAMN CONTRAST
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Madnessthunder » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:11 pm

Root wrote:It was pretty nice (despite the lack of contrast) but there were a few things that I noticed: Seriously. Fix that contrast.
- His momentum stops when he lands. Try to keep him at relatively the same speed as when he was in the air. To do this, you might want to have the leg that he landed on be closer to being vertical- maybe even diagonal to the right side of hes torso- so that you can move him backwards further before the other leg must come down. If you still cant maintain the old speed, then you might need to make him do a small hop on the landing foot.
- I like what you did with balancing him after he landed. Not much to fix there.
- There are a few things to fix on the final strike with his scythe. First, you need to ease the scythe into the ground (not anything major; maybe just a couple of frames of it moving about 5, then 20 degrees counter-clockwise) and/or add a significant trail ( http://sta.sh/025978upmzdz ). This will make it look like there was actual movement, and take away the feeling of it having simply teleported. You should also make the rest of the body move with the scythe, since an attack as fast and powerful as that one should probably move the torso.
- Add in a frame of the legs straightening them when he jumps. You can then move them into the bent position that you have.
- I like that you added some head and torso movement to him spinning the scythe, to show the weight of the blade and the kinetic energy it has while spinning.
- There are some choppiness issues with his torso while he is in the air.
- The sack stops spinning while it is in the air. I know that you need the timing right for the kick, but instead of making it stop spinning, just change the rate at which it spins.

Other than those things, I think that the animation is probably your best. Or at least it would be if you
FIXED THAT DAMN CONTRAST

I will not be fixing the contrast, simply because as the man who animated it, I do feel the need to change it because I like how it is.

+I added a frame for his last strike
-The punching bag does indeed keep spinning but not as much I changed it a bit
-The leg thing is complicated. He jumps and keeps his legs bent to kick then straightens one leg out to land on while he performs the kick.
-There is no choppiness in the torso what-so-ever if you could give me a few frames that you saw choppy maybe then I could see it.
+There was actually already a trail on the swing downward, but it wasn't noticeable I guess, I changed it a little.
-This isn't my best animation it's too short. My lighting one I believe was my best. I animate with Jannu much better than anything else idk why maybe he's easier.

EDIT: The punching bag is going to have to look crappy and stop spinning to sucessfully perform the kick in the way I did... I don't really want to change the entire thing so try to deal with it for now (confused
Spoiler:

Thread.
MadnessthunderOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Madnessthunder » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:48 pm

New thing
Spoiler:

Thread.
MadnessthunderOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Madnessthunder » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:56 pm

Two quick updates.

Thread.
MadnessthunderOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Madnessthunder » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:04 pm

Hey kiddos this thing:

Spoiler:

Thread.
MadnessthunderOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby TheLegendV » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am

MadnessThunder wrote:Hey kiddos this thing:

Spoiler:

The animation was stiff and choppy. Also it was not smooth. REAlly shaky and not too much easing.

Watch elite/veteran animations man.

and study em.

OH YEAH there was a STOP AND GO!
This Dude has something in his mind...

Joint Points : 1

Collab Entry Points: 0

My Pivot Thread: http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1859

My Flash thread : http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=2451

Working on:

Project - Power VS Electricity 0/0 frames
TheLegendVOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Anton » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:19 am

Wait wut ? This isn't so stop&go, as far as i know. It's a little shaky, and there are some momentum issues when the arms are flailing around, but other than that, i find this anim pretty nice.

There is still a bit of stiffness on the torso, and in the double-kick, the second leg stays too long in the air, should have gone down faster.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Madnessthunder » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:13 pm

Anton wrote:Image

Wait wut ? This isn't so stop&go, as far as i know. It's a little shaky, and there are some momentum issues when the arms are flailing around, but other than that, i find this anim pretty nice.

There is still a bit of stiffness on the torso, and in the double-kick, the second leg stays too long in the air, should have gone down faster.

Thanks. I see that there was a little bit of stiffness, and yeah it was choppy because ya know, it was a test animation. Simply to test new types of kicks. I have yet to master these movements, so I can't add more frames within the motions without fucking it up because I don't know what I'm doing. Maybe in the future I will be able to. I just did some tweaks to better it just now.

Spoiler:

Thread.
MadnessthunderOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Cyan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:25 pm

Spoiler:

the feet are elevated after every kick D:
CyanOffline

Postby Madnessthunder » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:16 pm

Cyan wrote:

Spoiler:

the feet are elevated after every kick D:

Don't fret m7, this was only a test. I did not have a guideline floor nor was I worried about it. In an actual animation and not a test, I would actually focus on making the feet stay on the floor, wherever it may be.

Thread.
MadnessthunderOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Coweetie » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:09 am

Really unfluid because I was testing new types of kicks I haven't really ever done before

I like that you see yourself where you can improve. Also every move you make the first time will look unnatural or weird in the first go, but exactly this will help you to get a feel for how it should look. As soon as you try again, maybe think over some spacing or posing, you will get it better.
Keep it up, don't stop experimenting and trying out (thumbsup
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Madnessthunder » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:37 pm

Coweetie wrote:
Really unfluid because I was testing new types of kicks I haven't really ever done before

I like that you see yourself where you can improve. Also every move you make the first time will look unnatural or weird in the first go, but exactly this will help you to get a feel for how it should look. As soon as you try again, maybe think over some spacing or posing, you will get it better.
Keep it up, don't stop experimenting and trying out (thumbsup

Thanks for the positive feedback. I also hope I can learn to master these movements in time and practice.

Tweaked it a bit just now. Changed the torso to kind of like bounce when he lands and what not, changed some kicks slightly. Hopefully it looks better.

Spoiler:

Thread.
MadnessthunderOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Madnessthunder » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Edited the newest anim
Spoiler:

Thread.