Thread FLIP - UPDATE 03/23/15

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Thread FLIP - UPDATE 03/23/15

Postby FLIPit949 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:19 pm

Hello!!!
I was a pivot animator about 5/6 years ago but stopped, since then I haven't done anything and just recently decided to return!

If you could rank my animations I'd be gladly appreciative, just please don't be mean and try to give some CC if you can. Thank you!

Animations:

Electricity Test (03/14/15):
http://giphy.com/gifs/3o85xwbNPJufYBSQhO

Recent movement update (03/15/15):
http://giphy.com/gifs/3o85xx3hasOJ08zuIU
I know its complete rubbish but its currently 3am and i did this animation in almost half an hour so i know it rubbish, i'll work more and fix it tomorrow, just wanted to post an update. ps: yes, i know its shaky, un-eased and the movements are unrealistic, but i'll work on it.

Sword Slash (03/16/15):
http://giphy.com/gifs/l41m04upOPcazf97O
I had quite a bit of struggles in this one, it was supposed to be a continuation of the electricity test but the frames on the 2 different parts were not the same so I had to separate them into two and ended up doing a different thing. I also didn't know how to turn the stick around (when he faced the other way), so I just did that little effect. If anyone could help me on these aspects (aswell as other that you might see), I'd be very appreciated, thanks! (smile

Walking test (03/16/15):
http://giphy.com/gifs/l41lWczGURJZpGRQQ
I'm actually kind of proud of this one, because not only was it made without onion-skin, it's the first half-decent walk i've ever made and i've stopped making pivot animations for 6 years! :grin:

Combo test (03/17/15):
http://giphy.com/gifs/3o85xyU7qWR87Ima4M
I dont know how i feel about it. I do a martial art and I know that there are a few flaws in this but I'd like to hear your opinions please. thanks!

sneak peek:
http://giphy.com/gifs/l41m20vSwDiEmuREc
This is just a sneak peek of a long animation that i'll be doing over the course of a few weeks/month

More fighting test stuff (03/18/15-03/23/15)
http://giphy.com/gifs/l41lG3MYGFjjzbE2I
not much to say, tried to flow things a bit more
Last edited by FLIPit949 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Check out my animation thread over here!
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2445

Image
BBoDDV - 34/250+ frames (cheesygrin
FLIPit949Offline
Active
Active
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Re: HELLO EVERYONE!!! PLEASE RATE AND CC!!!

Postby Franklin » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:24 pm

Its pretty good for not having animated for several years. Just from that one animation, I'd have to say anywhere from high beginner to low high beginner. It's really hard to tell from just one effects animation, though. I also suggest that you only use one color for the electricity, too, since both blue an yellow looks a bit strange.
Image
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:10 am

Re: HELLO EVERYONE!!! PLEASE RATE AND CC!!!

Postby FLIPit949 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:27 pm

Root wrote:Its pretty good for not having animated for several years. Just from that one animation, I'd have to say anywhere from high beginner to low high beginner. It's really hard to tell from just one effects animation, though. I also suggest that you only use one color for the electricity, too, since both blue an yellow looks a bit strange.


I'm working on another animation, for now this was just a test to see if I could actually do anything related with electricity, because I like to use electricity!
I'll be sure to pick one colour from now on!
Check out my animation thread over here!
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2445

Image
BBoDDV - 34/250+ frames (cheesygrin
FLIPit949Offline
Active
Active
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Re: HELLO EVERYONE!!! PLEASE RATE AND CC!!!

Postby Cressel » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:43 pm

Try not to skip movements using flashes like that, it really drops the quality of the animation.
There's not much to cc because there aren't any real movements going on.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:15 am
Location: Narnia

Re: HELLO EVERYONE!!! PLEASE RATE AND CC!!!

Postby FLIPit949 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:49 pm

Cressel wrote:Try not to skip movements using flashes like that, it really drops the quality of the animation.
There's not much to cc because there aren't any real movements going on.


Will do, thank you!
Check out my animation thread over here!
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2445

Image
BBoDDV - 34/250+ frames (cheesygrin
FLIPit949Offline
Active
Active
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Re: Thread FLIP - NEW UPDATE 03/16/15

Postby FLIPit949 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:30 pm

Updated the top post, please check it out. Sorry for double posting!
Check out my animation thread over here!
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2445

Image
BBoDDV - 34/250+ frames (cheesygrin
FLIPit949Offline
Active
Active
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Re: Thread FLIP - NEW UPDATE 03/16/15

Postby Raymond » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:34 pm

It's ok to double post if your updating your thread. :P

Your animations are pretty good. It seems like your having fun making them and that's what counts. If you really want to improve I would attempt animating a few tests. Practice making a walk or run, or even a basic punch/kick. As you create these tests we can give you better advice on how to fix things.

I do like that your attempting effects. Effects can be tiresome to make, but if you keep practising you might become even better than Horsie when it comes to creating effects in pivot.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 2984
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:04 am

Re: Thread FLIP - NEW UPDATE 03/16/15

Postby FLIPit949 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:41 pm

Raymond wrote:It's ok to double post if your updating your thread. :P

Your animations are pretty good. It seems like your having fun making them and that's what counts. If you really want to improve I would attempt animating a few tests. Practice making a walk or run, or even a basic punch/kick. As you create these tests we can give you better advice on how to fix things.

I do like that your attempting effects. Effects can be tiresome to make, but if you keep practising you might become even better than Horsie when it comes to creating effects in pivot.


oh, alrighty then, I didnt know that (:P

Thank you, i am having fun, the problem is that i'm having issues with surpassing my barriers, meaning that when it comes to my "weak suits", they are really weak and because they are weak I try to avoid them... (cheesygrin but i'll do as you say, i'll make some tests, walking, running, punching, etc!

I don't know yet who horsie is but it's the second or third time someone mentioned him so i'll assume hes a beast (:P

thank you for the tips!!
Check out my animation thread over here!
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2445

Image
BBoDDV - 34/250+ frames (cheesygrin
FLIPit949Offline
Active
Active
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Re: Thread FLIP - NEW UPDATE x2 03/16/15

Postby FLIPit949 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:39 pm

Double posts FTW!!
new update, made a walking test, as requested by Raymond!
Check out my animation thread over here!
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2445

Image
BBoDDV - 34/250+ frames (cheesygrin
FLIPit949Offline
Active
Active
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Re: Thread FLIP - NEW UPDATE x2 03/16/15

Postby Anton » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:27 pm

Double posts FTW!!

2 posts within an hour... no.

Should have edited the last post.
My sword shop | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
Image
Spoiler:
I've deactivated sigs, because of the bandwidth consuption :|
Last year on the school stuff
AntonOffline
Visiteur
Visiteur
User avatar
 
Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:39 pm
Location: fr

Re: Thread FLIP - NEW UPDATE x2 03/16/15

Postby Franklin » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:19 pm

The walk test is pretty decent; fairly choppy and stiff, though.
I couldn't really focus on the movements because of how awesome that background is. Did you make it yourself?
Image
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:10 am

Re: Thread FLIP - NEW UPDATE x2 03/16/15

Postby Raymond » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:05 am

Anton wrote:
Double posts FTW!!

2 posts within an hour... no.

Should have edited the last post.

Anton I just told the guy its alright to double post if he updates his thread.

Root wrote:The walk test is pretty decent; fairly choppy and stiff, though.
I couldn't really focus on the movements because of how awesome that background is. Did you make it yourself?

I think he used a background from Senzo's DDC12 animation.

@Flip: With your walk cycle, you want to keep the stick figure moving at a constant pace. It looks good and gets the point across the way it is, but when we walk we don't stop and then speed up again with each step. Try adding onto it by having him start running or something, then have him enter a door or jump into a pile of frogs. Try not to worry too much about how it looks just get a point across. The more unique it is the more appealing it will be.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 2984
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:04 am

Re: Thread FLIP - NEW UPDATE 03/16/15

Postby Horsie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:27 am

FLIPit949 wrote:I don't know yet who horsie is but it's the second or third time someone mentioned him so i'll assume hes a beast (:P

+

You need to use more easing. There is a lot of stiffness. Work on it (thumbsup (thumbsup
HorsieOffline
Fabulous
VIP
User avatar
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:44 pm
Location: Poland Grudziądz

Re: Thread FLIP - NEW UPDATE x2 03/16/15

Postby FLIPit949 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:39 am

Raymond wrote:
Anton wrote:
Double posts FTW!!

2 posts within an hour... no.

Should have edited the last post.

Anton I just told the guy its alright to double post if he updates his thread.

Root wrote:The walk test is pretty decent; fairly choppy and stiff, though.
I couldn't really focus on the movements because of how awesome that background is. Did you make it yourself?

I think he used a background from Senzo's DDC12 animation.

@Flip: With your walk cycle, you want to keep the stick figure moving at a constant pace. It looks good and gets the point across the way it is, but when we walk we don't stop and then speed up again with each step. Try adding onto it by having him start running or something, then have him enter a door or jump into a pile of frogs. Try not to worry too much about how it looks just get a point across. The more unique it is the more appealing it will be.


Alright, will do, thank you!
Yes, it is Senzo's background, I just found it too awesome not to use (:P

Horsie wrote:
FLIPit949 wrote:I don't know yet who horsie is but it's the second or third time someone mentioned him so i'll assume hes a beast (:P

+

You need to use more easing. There is a lot of stiffness. Work on it (thumbsup (thumbsup


I don't want to make excuses but it might be from not having used the onion-skin because of the background, i'll do another one without background to test it out, thank you!
Check out my animation thread over here!
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2445

Image
BBoDDV - 34/250+ frames (cheesygrin
FLIPit949Offline
Active
Active
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Re: Thread FLIP - NEW UPDATE x2 03/16/15

Postby FLIPit949 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:55 pm

New update, please check it out!
Check out my animation thread over here!
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2445

Image
BBoDDV - 34/250+ frames (cheesygrin
FLIPit949Offline
Active
Active
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Next

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron