Hype's Thread - Last Updated 7/11/17

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Hype's Thread - Last Updated 7/11/17

Postby Finom » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:39 pm

Wєι¢ⓞмє

Welcome, traveler, to my domain! I've barely touched my thread over my entire stay at TDD, but if figured that if I actually wanted to improve, I should post more content, even if it's not on par with any quality that I envision. Feel free to leave CC! It'll be put to great use :)

Note: I'm not going to constantly use this thread, just when I have several anims I haven't posted.

Order goes from Most Recent To Oldest:

Newest
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Note: I haven't done much this year, and I'll be inactive for over a month, so I decided this would be a good time to update my thread.

11/9/16-7/12/17 Just Some

10/1/16 to 11/8/16 - October to November

Update: 5/21/16 - Just PivotPoints

Update: 4/30/16 - From the Grave
Spoiler:
Just some stuff I found in .pivs I did relatively recently
Cheese Inspired Sense Terrain. Forget what I just said below this D:
Cheese Inspired Hammer. Hey, I may actually be getting the hang of this again!
Sword-fighting in the anonymous section
Derusting a little

4/20/15 - First Posted Animations
I don't even have the pivs for these anymore so I can't fix them :P

Last edited by Finom on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:25 am, edited 13 times in total.
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Re: HypeMaster's Thread V2: WTF

Postby Waffles Mgee » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:19 pm

I am not going to comment on the ones where you said there are parts you need to fix because obvs you already know what's wrong with them.

Smooth run: It is smooth, but for a run, that's too much. It's like the foot gently falls on the floor as the rest of the body is rushing. The arms and back angle look awkward, too. Also, the way I see it, when the back ankle rises up, in relation to the stick it just goes up and then goes right. Have it curve into the new direction.

Physics test: The ball hangs in the air too much, and during that it slows down a lot. Keep momentum, man.

From those two I'll say med beginner.
Waffles MgeeOffline
Gold Member
VIP

Re: HypeMaster's Thread V2: WTF

Postby Franklin » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:14 pm

On the punch test, you might want to have one frame where the arm is straight, because right now it looks less like a hook, and more like he's failing at punching himself. There could probably also be more back movement, since right now there is a lack of power. There is a bit of shakiness to be seen in the back, too. I think that the figure is also a bit off balance in the first few frames; try to make your poses more natural.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Hype's Thread

Postby Finom » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:01 pm

Might as well kick this thing back into gear again :P
Edit: Started something up again but I can't make sticks lol
Spoiler:
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby 3sizzzle8 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:26 am

Your update from 4/30 has my favorite animations. The hammer swing was done really well. The sword fights there were some weirdish movements but still good. One thing I hate though is all of these animations are unifinished. You should take your time and make them have a beginning middle and end and have fun with animating.
3sizzzle8Offline

Postby Finom » Sat May 21, 2016 8:54 pm

Bumpdate. Just some shorts for PP.
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby Blademaster » Sun May 22, 2016 5:57 am

Alright Hype,

you got already some decent stuff there. And your PivotPoints opened me the eyes a bit. You are actually improving!
I liked a lot how you tried to show off the weight and made the movements looking dynamic! You kept the poses simply yet efficient enough to show off what's going on. That is really good! (thumbsup

The thing is why your animation lack in quality is just the framerate you're saving the gif. I'd suggest animating in a higher fps so you're animations get more fluid and appealing for the eye and you can start developing your style more.

Keep them coming man! (thumbsup

Courtesy?
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Gouenji32 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:18 am

Same as Blade ^^ The anim where you show up the wieght is quite good and dynamic really ^^ Just Keep it up ! What you're doing is really nice
HOLIDAYS MOTHERFUCKER§!!!! :D

Project:

Project started (still thinking about ideas)
Gouenji32Offline
Regular
Regular

Postby Blademaster » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:20 am

uh I guess, that's a bump here. PM me for unlock hype ^^
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Finom » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:02 pm

Time to get back into the grove. I'll try my best to never let this thread get too inactive while I can do anything to stop it, so hopefully you won't see me post once every year anymore on this thread! CC is very much appreciated, and I'll even try and give courtesy if you just ask. Feel free to make me feel bad, I'm taking all sorts of criticism! (Don't make me suicidal, and it's all fair game)
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby Alexis » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:45 pm

Hype wrote:Time to get back into the grove. I'll try my best to never let this thread get too inactive while I can do anything to stop it, so hopefully you won't see me post once every year anymore on this thread! CC is very much appreciated, and I'll even try and give courtesy if you just ask. Feel free to make me feel bad, I'm taking all sorts of criticism! (Don't make me suicidal, and it's all fair game)

Damn man its nice hearing this from you yo. i cant wait to see all the animations you make :D
Don't Start.
AlexisOffline
pretty fuckin' dead
VIP

Postby Crono » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:47 pm

You show a pretty solid understanding of the basics. I think you could just improve on your spacing and poses. Like, generally your animations need more frames to create a better flow.

Keep working my dude!
CronoOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby AnimationWizard » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:11 pm

that jump was really bad i have to say, its like mid jump gravity shut off for a moment, other than that you can fix later due to self-realization
AnimationWizardOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Finom » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:44 am

@Alexis - Great to hear from you as well!

@Chrono- Thanks, you keep going as well, and OMG ITS CHRONO

@AnimatoinWizard - I get my jumps all have issues, but which one are you referring to? I would assume the jump punch, but I could be mistaken. Thanks for the CC though (smile
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Re: Hype's Thread - Last Updated 10/12/16

Postby Finom » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:18 pm

Two small animations when I had the time, it's not much, but I have no idea what I'm doing, so help, especially with the falling one would be very nice. (heart Thank you all
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Next

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall