Can you rank me

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Can you rank me

Postby prinny price » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:48 am

prinny priceOffline

Re: Can you rank me

Postby Lord » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:10 am

I see the effort you're putting into it but this is low beginner level. You'll want to have a look at some tutorials first, grab the basics before doing anything else. Easing, flow, stuff like that.

Nice to see you here anyways, hope you enjoy yourself. ;)
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby SIFTER » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:57 pm

A lot can be said about this. First of, the animating style you're going for is so 2010, so if you're already looking for a style to follow to build a style from there, I'd recommend you to look for a style that's modern enough, like, something that is up to par with the current standards. Next thing is the movements themselves: Do you see how most segments don't move there? That's made the animation stiff as well as the poses since they don't exactly follow a certain gesture each frame. And what gesture is, is an imaginary line that defines the flow of the pose.
Here's an example of what gesture is. if you connect the segments of the figure together in the last two poses to the right, there'll be a curvy line which means the pose is dynamic. But if you do the same to the left one, there'd be a straight line which is the opposite to the other ones which leads to a non-dynamic pose that won't make it look alive. just google about gesture to get it better. And practice it a little bit to get used to it.

As for spacing, it's best to read jojishi's tutorial as it will give you an indepth explanation of what spacing really is and how can it be used.

Really, at this point, what you really need to consider is leaning about the basics. I'd lecture you about the whole thing, but it's best to look for that knowledge yourself.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Gary » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:45 pm

Sifter wrote:the animating style you're going for is so 2010

thank you for a new sig quote sifter
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall