Warm Up Animation (I miss this place)

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Warm Up Animation (I miss this place)

Postby PIvotPerson » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:01 am

http://imgur.com/74b9BVn

WOW! It's been a while since I've been online... I miss this place, so I decided to post this warm up animation.

NOTE: It's also been a while since I've used Pivot because I was experimenting with other animation softwares, I find using flash very difficult especially with a mouse only. (cheesygrin
Last edited by PIvotPerson on Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:57 am, edited 8 times in total.

GOTTA GO FAST !!!
PIvotPersonOffline

Re: The Bounce and lame walk....

Postby Monkey.D » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:01 am

I cant see it. Try using Imgur.
Monkey.DOffline
Active
Active

Re: Power Punch

Postby PIvotPerson » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:53 pm

Goin' up to the top. (smile (smile (smile

GOTTA GO FAST !!!
PIvotPersonOffline

Postby Vito » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:37 pm

The footplacement is kinda bad, I like how smooth is your animation right now. But it isn't strong enough with the punch.
. (scared .
VitoOffline
VIP

Postby Madnessthunder » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:06 pm

Not bad at all. Definitely on the smoother side. Poses could use more flow though.

Hey check out my shitty animations
Thread.
MadnessthunderOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Euclid » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:17 am

Ironically, the punch lacks power. Use larger spacing and muscle control. It's smooth, i'll give you that. Also, the bow at the end goes stiff and it lacks flow.
Click the Pic for TDD thread. (Credits to Sifter for making my profile, RB, and Sig.)

"Animate to entertain others, lad. That's the point of animation. Some are too blind to see it though
Being big-headed and sucking balls don't go well in pair."
-Flame
EuclidOffline
#NextComboKing2019
#NextComboKing2019

Postby tuna » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:29 am

yeah man, muscle control. everything looks loose and floppy. add tension by making the movement a little bit stiffer, and by using better poses which accentuate the movement better
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby DostPs » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:39 pm

The punch is a bit slow and lacks of power,you should make the spacing heavier and the guy move more forward when he punches,remember its a power punch! :D

Courtesy?
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Raymond » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:32 pm

It's not bad, but there is a lot you can do which would make it look even stronger. One big thing I'm noticing is that he pulls his fist back not long after he throws the punch. Remember that the entire point of a punch is generating momentum and transferring that momentum into a target. If he spends a lot of time winding up for the punch and then instantly rebounds, to the viewer it seems like there isn't that much momentum behind it. More momentum means its harder to stop. A good analogy would be your bus ride to school. It's not everyday you see a bus traveling at 40 MPH come to a complete stop within a second and then go in reverse. It takes some time for the bus to lose all of it's generated momentum. So in order to display this in your animation try keeping that arm fully extended for 4-5 frames before pulling it back in towards him. Just by doing that the punch should look a lot stronger.

Another thing I'm noticing is that he is leaning forward a lot. Keep his back straight so it seems like he as more muscle control and is used to fighting.

Besides that there's a few minor flaws like the positioning of his arm that isn't punching, but that's stuff you should pick up on as you watch other peoples animations and practice more. If you keep it up you'll be making some awesome animations in no time!
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Re: Just Testing Something

Postby PIvotPerson » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:06 am

Going up again (smile

GOTTA GO FAST !!!
PIvotPersonOffline

Re: Just Testing Something

Postby Jojishi » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:18 pm

Looks good. It's smooth but also has lots of power to it. There could maybe be more power in the punch if you made the guy lean back before he punched, but otherwise that's just personal preference. I think it looks great so far.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Re: Warm Up Animation (I miss this place)

Postby PIvotPerson » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:59 am

I'm goin' up again! (grin

GOTTA GO FAST !!!
PIvotPersonOffline

Postby Youngster » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:32 am

WTF the one punching turns invisible.
"

Currently working on:Something
YoungsterOffline
Noob
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:26 pm

Looks pretty nice man. It's quite short but I didn't see any flaws in it. It's eased well and the reactions look fine. You maybe could have tried animating some blood if those were bullets hitting him.

Also, you said that you had difficulty using Flash with a mouse. Are you using the brush tool? It might be a lot easier if you use the line tool instead. You've got to turn snapping off (it's a magnet icon) so that the lines don't "snap" to certain angles though.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall