PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: DostPs's Animations!

Postby AnimationWizard » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:03 pm

wow these are great, i have no cnc because im dum and cant see anything wron wit ur sh3t m8
AnimationWizardOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby DostPs » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:24 pm

AnimationWizard wrote:wow these are great, i have no cnc because im dum and cant see anything wron wit ur sh3t m8

hey square headed kid
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby AnimationWizard » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:15 pm

DostPs wrote:
AnimationWizard wrote:wow these are great, i have no cnc because im dum and cant see anything wron wit ur sh3t m8

hey square headed kid

its actually a squarcile (square + circle)
hyunsdojo.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10881
AnimationWizardOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby DostPs » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:45 am

AnimationWizard wrote:
DostPs wrote:

hey square headed kid

hyunsdojo.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10881

but u see a square so its a square
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby AnimationWizard » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:01 pm

AnimationWizardOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Jojishi » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:21 pm

This newest kick animation looks excellent. There's a nice amount of power in the kick, and the poses you used look nice. You've got muscle control in the leg, as it retracts after the execution. The spacing all looks nice.

Even though this is very short it's easily High Beginner, like all of your other animations. I'd really like to see some new animations from you in the future because you've definitely got potential.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby DostPs » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Jojishi wrote:This newest kick animation looks excellent. There's a nice amount of power in the kick, and the poses you used look nice. You've got muscle control in the leg, as it retracts after the execution. The spacing all looks nice.

Even though this is very short it's easily High Beginner, like all of your other animations. I'd really like to see some new animations from you in the future because you've definitely got potential.

love u jojishi (heart

can u do longer CC's telling me the errors? thanks :D
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby DostPs » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:41 pm

upd8!
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Awesomator » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:39 pm

I really like the poses used throughout the kick. I think the main problem is that it is very stop and go. Instead of making the stick stop and change direction before spinning, you could have move the origin in a sort of curve going down then back up into the kick. I also think that the joints could use loosening a bit more but I think that's just a result of the issue raised earlier. I think it would have looked nicer if the kick was faster as well. I think you're really good at finding a way to use the arms in motions, which is something I often find difficult.

Hope it was helpful even if I'm not any better than you at animating
Thread
I sincerely apologise in advance for my name
AwesomatorOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby dilz9015 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:47 pm

great animations, bro! but it still lack of movement flow
hope you improve it soon! :3
READ ME
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

Making video project.. PLEASE SUPPORT THIS PROGRESS :D
dilz9015Offline
Active
Active

Postby Amir » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Your movements are smooth and flow well, you got the basics down but in the newest animation the red dude's arms should be spinning as well but it doesn't look like they are. Also the back is a bit stiff, move the limbs of the middle back more to make it more loosen, there is a sudden stop after the guy takes a step forward but it can easily be fixed and it's minor to me.

The thing that bothers me the most is how powerless the kick was. Sure it was smooth and fluid but it almost doesn't look like a kick. I'd make it a little faster, increase the spacing. Leg should move way faster especially when it lands.

So arms should be spinning, stiff back and a kick that lacked power, those are the major flaws, it overall looked pretty good though.
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Postby SIFTER » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:27 pm

It seems obvious that your animation suffers from lack of power, and that normally results from lack of proper timing, posture and generally the rest of the foundations; what I'm trying to say is that you may want to learn some more about the basics. I can't really say that I, myself, know the mechanics of a wheel kick to the fullest as physics isn't necessarily my strongest point, but what I'm pretty sure of is that, for such a kick to happen, you would need the upper body to rotate first, then the leg follows. You're supposed to rotate the whole body, and not just the lower body alone--consider looking up overlapping motion.
https://youtu.be/iCg3bpdfc7g?t=9
observe this part of the video at 0.25 speed, and analyse its mechanics.
Notice how, before that instance by a bit,the fighter leans a bit forward to get himself enough range for the leg to move, then rotated his upper body first so that he could build up enough momentum, then as his upper body reaches its main key pose, added to the momentum carried by the upper body, the knee startes to rotate first, then when that stops too, all of that momentum is delivered to the shin, making for such a powerful kick. Such analysis is what I would normaly do if I'm stuck not knowing how does a certain movement work. After countless retires, I tend to get it right. But learn to simplify your motion first, then add complexity to it. Does it make any sense?
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=701
I have also found that this thread can do a better job explaining the general mechanics of fighting you need to keep in mind.

All in all, it appears as though you mostly prioritize smoothness over practicality as a mean of sugar coating. Try to figure the machanics of a movement before you do anything--plan it out!

If you want to improve, I'd suggest you to read about the principles of animation, and make use of some of the tutorials provided here. I especially advise you to work on your overlapping motion (one of the principles of animation) and timing.

Hope that helps.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby DostPs » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:36 pm

ty, i fixed the kick
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Amir » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:09 pm

It looks better, the kick is more powerful and done faster like it should be and it looks somewhat like his whole body is spinning.
However, the spinning doesn't look too great. To make the 3D leg movement more believable you don't need to rise the leg like that, but to shorten the leg for a certain degree so it looks like the the leg is getting far from the body in front view. Unless you intended to make a kick like that.

The arms too, it doesn't really look like they spin in 3D, you just raised them up and down and changed their placement. Again, instead of doing that, shorten the arms a bit so it would look like 3D spin.
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Postby AnimationWizard » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:15 pm

the kick is decent, but the movement after the kick is to stiff, he should have a reaction from kicking i dont think anyone is standing still after a wheel kick
AnimationWizardOffline
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall