Re: DostPs's Animations! (Update)

Postby DostPs » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:46 am

UPDATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Lord » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:50 am

Looks to me like more frames are needed in your animations.
Also, upload your animations in [img] links seperately, most people don't bother clicking through links.
;)
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Blademaster » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:06 am

Alright, this looks already quite solid on some points.

The main issues you're having is slowing down after using these fast paced attacks. You tend to keep up the spacing and that is why your attacks seem powerless. You should try give the stickman a decent pose and hold them so it's more clear for the viewer what the actual movement looks like.
Also you need to learn about balance. If you're able to animate these kind of attacks without throwing the stickfigure through half of the screen and keep him on one spot you'll be able to make some nice combos like nutcracker, kuro or T.01.

I'd suggest watching some tutorials about basic attack moves.

Also there are some small spacing issues which lead to some shakyness. Make sure you ease those out correctly.
Mid beginner for now.

Keep going :)
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Extra » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:09 am

I like it, do more
Spoiler:
ExtraOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Postby Vito » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:47 am

Wow man, that's a huge improvement. The kick feel so lack, I suggest you to read firecracker grand combat tutorial to see how the real kicking is. But if that's your style I don't mind. Also I like how you managed a complicated posture of the stickfigure. Sorry I'm not good to give a cc but I hope some advices would help you :)
. (scared .
VitoOffline
VIP

Postby DostPs » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:25 pm

update-----------------
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Ussay » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Don't know what that red dude is doing, his back arm seems very off, the rest is pretty decent :d but it's too short ;c You could add some more movements to make sure you can keep up with that quality :d
UssayOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Re: DostPs's Animations!

Postby DostPs » Fri May 20, 2016 1:29 pm

Update - Firecracker inspired combo!
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Jojishi » Fri May 20, 2016 7:47 pm

This animation's really great. Muscle control is good and the foreshortening on the limbs when he throws that rock is done well. Everything feels energetic like how Firecracker would make it.

Looking at the lower-body though is where I can spot something that doesn't look right: the feet. They lifted up from the ground at the same time, instead of stepping backwards/forwards. If you were going for a hop-step type thing, you need to show the knees bending and straightening out. This would make him look like he's pushing up off the ground.

Also, it would be best if you didn't delete your animations whenever you update. If you don't want images cluttering your front page, then don't add the [img] tags on either side of the url. Just have links that take people to the animation.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby DostPs » Sat May 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Jojishi wrote:This animation's really great. Muscle control is good and the foreshortening on the limbs when he throws that rock is done well. Everything feels energetic like how Firecracker would make it.

Looking at the lower-body though is where I can spot something that doesn't look right: the feet. They lifted up from the ground at the same time, instead of stepping backwards/forwards. If you were going for a hop-step type thing, you need to show the knees bending and straightening out. This would make him look like he's pushing up off the ground.

Also, it would be best if you didn't delete your animations whenever you update. If you don't want images cluttering your front page, then don't add the [img] tags on either side of the url. Just have links that take people to the animation.

I love all your animations,thank you for commenting! I will do!
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Blademaster » Sun May 22, 2016 6:06 am

Hey DostPs,

This series of punches was done pretty well and I also liked how he summoned that little rock and through it the wall.
Combos are pretty hard to animate, I noticed that myself but you actually did a really decent job on that.
You showed off the power really nicely ! big probs to you mate!
Good work!

As already mentioned by Jojishi the legs seem to be quite off and it the movements doesn't feel as dynamic as they could've been.
So I don't have much to add about that anymore.

Otherwise it would've been cool if the stone moved the same way as the arms were moving. So you could've let that stone fly around him and get more momentum so it would've looked more powerful.

In the end, I'd suggest getting a fine layout for your thread and add more of your animations to it so we have a nice overview about your project.
Hope to see more stuff from you soon :)

Courtesy?
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby DostPs » Sun May 22, 2016 12:50 pm

Chris wrote:Hey DostPs,

This series of punches was done pretty well and I also liked how he summoned that little rock and through it the wall.
Combos are pretty hard to animate, I noticed that myself but you actually did a really decent job on that.
You showed off the power really nicely ! big probs to you mate!
Good work!

As already mentioned by Jojishi the legs seem to be quite off and it the movements doesn't feel as dynamic as they could've been.
So I don't have much to add about that anymore.

Otherwise it would've been cool if the stone moved the same way as the arms were moving. So you could've let that stone fly around him and get more momentum so it would've looked more powerful.

In the end, I'd suggest getting a fine layout for your thread and add more of your animations to it so we have a nice overview about your project.
Hope to see more stuff from you soon :)

Courtesy?

That motivated me a lot,thank you :D
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby DostPs » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:42 am

upd8
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular