update :p

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

v

high beg
No votes
low inter
No votes
mid inter
27%
high inter
73%

Total votes : 11

Re: Riott's Thread UPDATE

Postby matterkins » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:03 am

New anim idk if its good. Some people say its gud but idk
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Vito » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:18 am

Those are nice animation man. But I'll keep watching you, I realise that some animations you made were rotoscoped. So made something original and post it here I'll give some advices that can help you improve by yourself. ;)
. (scared .
VitoOffline
VIP

Postby matterkins » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:54 am

-NV- wrote:Those are nice animation man. But I'll keep watching you, I realise that some animations you made were rotoscoped. So made something original and post it here I'll give some advices that can help you improve by yourself. ;)

aite ;D
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby matterkins » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:17 pm

Stop and go, yeah, yeah. Also, the sword thing thinning and thickening was intentional, just did it wrong. so wrong.
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Gouenji32 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:47 am

Hey Welcome on the forum dude ! You have some nice animations ^^ From your newest one it's stop and go a bit, also the movements are also a bit stiff. I noticed that when the guy jump he waits for the sword to come back but i guess it's better to make the sword come back on the screen when it's nearer the black dude to make him stop ^^
Go check also mine and if you want other cc just ask me! (thumbsup
HOLIDAYS MOTHERFUCKER§!!!! :D

Project:

Project started (still thinking about ideas)
Gouenji32Offline
Regular
Regular

Postby matterkins » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:09 pm

thx dude. stop and go seems to be a problem for me.
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Blademaster » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:12 am

Hey man,

that newest animation was pretty nice actually. You may have used some really hard spacing but overall the poses are really clear.
My suggestion is to add more frames inbetween and use some easing to make it look more smooth.

your animation style looks stop and goish because of the spacing you are using. Like you are thinking of a pose, then you move the stick in small amounts of distance. After that you throw in a larger spacing in the next frame so it looks like he'd move. And then you make these small amount of movement again and barely move the stick.

you kinda ease like that: |-|-|-----|-|-|
but that is how you should ease to get clean movements: |-|--|---|----|---|--|-|

A movement always starts by 0 and gets more speed from frame to frame.
If you want to slow the movement down or try to even stop, you need to consider that you are still in a movement, so you also will need a couple of frames to slow down.

Hope that made sense for you.

otherwise good stuff, I liked the effect (thumbsup .
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Lord » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:37 am

Yeah. I was about to comment easing. XD
A fundemental, really.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby matterkins » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:07 pm

Blademaster wrote:you kinda ease like that: |-|-|-----|-|-|
but that is how you should ease to get clean movements: |-|--|---|----|---|--|-|

Yeah, that has always been a big problem. I always seem to rush projects. I am kind of mixed up whether I should work on flow or easing.
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Blademaster » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:36 am

It's nothing too bad, I mean as I said, the poses were pretty clear. It shows that you got at least some fundamentels down already. I can imagine by just doing what you like to do it will develope by itself.
so no worries, it's cool
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby matterkins » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:59 am

Can anyone help me with the landing? If it goes lower, it looks too exaggerated and, too high, it looks as if he barely even landed.
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Re: EXPRESSIONS [Riott's thread]

Postby matterkins » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:53 pm

Can anyone help with imgur? The new given links don't give me a direct link option. Just one link...
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Re: New style? idfk [Riott's thread]

Postby matterkins » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:50 pm

I feel like that new anim has a bit of stop and go on the first jump. Any tips on my flow?
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Raymond » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Riott wrote:I feel like that new anim has a bit of stop and go on the first jump. Any tips on my flow?

It's going to feel stop and go when you drastically increase and decrease your spacing. Just try to keep the stick figure moving at the same speed. And in most cases if you are changing the speed, do it gradually, don't do it within the span of 1-2 frames. Your newest animation would look much better if you focused a little on foot placement. His feet move around as if they're not planted on the ground at times, which looks weird, almost like the ground is ice or something.

You could also work on your poses. His arms are in a weird 3D position at times, and he's leaning back before firing the beam, which looks unusual to me. Most people would prepare for some type of recoil by leaning forward a bit. It almost seems like the beam isn't very powerful because in his position it would have knocked him on his ass.

This one is my favorite of yours, I remember seeing it awhile back. The flow is great, the reactions are pretty good, and the poses are fairly dynamic, with a good sense of build up on the spin kick.

Also in order to get a direct link for a gif file, just right click on the animation, then click "Copy Image Location" and paste that in between the url or img tags. I hope this helps. :)
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby matterkins » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:12 am

Raymond wrote:
Riott wrote:I feel like that new anim has a bit of stop and go on the first jump. Any tips on my flow?

It's going to feel stop and go when you drastically increase and decrease your spacing. Just try to keep the stick figure moving at the same speed. And in most cases if you are changing the speed, do it gradually, don't do it within the span of 1-2 frames. Your newest animation would look much better if you focused a little on foot placement. His feet move around as if they're not planted on the ground at times, which looks weird, almost like the ground is ice or something.

You could also work on your poses. His arms are in a weird 3D position at times, and he's leaning back before firing the beam, which looks unusual to me. Most people would prepare for some type of recoil by leaning forward a bit. It almost seems like the beam isn't very powerful because in his position it would have knocked him on his ass.

This one is my favorite of yours, I remember seeing it awhile back. The flow is great, the reactions are pretty good, and the poses are fairly dynamic, with a good sense of build up on the spin kick.

Also in order to get a direct link for a gif file, just right click on the animation, then click "Copy Image Location" and paste that in between the url or img tags. I hope this helps. :)

Thanks ^-^ I fixed the imgur problem, I just use a different host thing now but I'll keep those flow tips in mind on my next animations ^-^
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area